Art: Specs for one of the low cost 3D printers

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Specs for one of the low cost 3D printers

For those that might be following the developments of the new low cost 3D printers to be introduced this year, we FINALLY have some specs and a description of the process for the V-Flash system which will sell for $9,900. They still expect to ship in the Fall.. potentially in September.
    Even if you don't expect to need one of these printers anytime soon, I would still urge you to become as acquainted as you can with the choices and technologies and what people are and will be doing with it.

For those needing 'Day Jobs', I believe that it will have very positive effects on the demand and salary levels for 3D designers in terms of employment opportunities.

http://3DPrinterUsers.blogspot.com

While there, PLEASE read the item entitled "BE A VISIONARY". It will explain why I believe that posting these links is important in helping people get ahead of the curve on a major movement like this. I've been there in that I have both missed opportunities and taken advantage of opportunities... and, the latter is a lot more fun.

I honestly believe the long term impact of desktop 3D Printers and fabricators will outstrip that of small format video, video games and digital imaging. I was there at the beginning of all of these previous movements (First Professional Desktop Video Application - 'JVC Video Titler', first generation of video games - 'Bally Professional Arcade', perhaps the first digital image submitted to a major juried show (Digital Images had to be converted to slides! - 'Smithsonian') so there is some experience behind that statement.

By the way, this was one of the digital images, of a work by Cheryl Meeks Manger, that were converted to slides for submission to the Smithsonian Craft Show at least a year before they converted completely to digital submissions.

Specs for one of the low cost 3D printers

Last edited by TMeeks; June 1st, 2007 at 02:50 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.