Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Why every art forum is always full of crap?

Thanks

Angry Why every art forum is always full of crap?

I've done a lot of search within a few years: it happens everywhere: sijun, cgforum, CA - even in my stupid country where cgart is not amongst the most popular! On every forum kids or even people at 25 are posting such lowqualities works (lack of everything: anatomy, composition or even any idea what they want to show on the canvas)... In my crazy country there was even a contest with some really nice prizes such as LCD and few DVDs containing royalty free photos and what? People started sending a sketches - not even a finished ones - on the torn out pieces of a copy-book!

Such ignorance and pride... I don't get it! I'm not ready to show my work amongst the champions (Marko and Alexi for example). I wanted to show my crap in the appropriate forum for any kind of suggestion, advice and the most important - constructive critic! Why? 'cause I still need it. I'm not happy with my work - not yet. If you don't see mistakes - invert the canvas horizontally or look at it in the mirror for 'kristsake' just don't go to your grandma to show your next 'achievement'. She won't be harsh for you, y'know?

I know there are a lot of young people here and i understand that 10 year'old kid's work is far worse than a guy's who's 20. And I should give him a hint/advice not a bitchin'. A crime is commited when a twenty year' old man shows us a child' level works with a commentary: 'I'm proud to present'

CA is a wonderfull achievement - and community here is great. But I'll hate it when it become a 'deviantcrap' where every kid is showing their 'backtable math classroom drawings' and everyone's so excited about it.... It's so hard to find then anything pretty when it's just one piece surrounded by the tons of crap.

Less pride and show-off ----> more practice, hard work and simply - be modest.

PS. sorry for my English - I'm central Europe's guy

Cheers & thx for reading
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,685 Times in 5,022 Posts
    Sturgeon's law.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    For non-native-english-speakers from WIKIPEDIA:

Sturgeon's Law is often cited using crap or shit instead of crud. The percentage figure also sometimes varies, having been in print as "94%" and even "98%".

The current phrasing of the Law is often taken as the second clause of a longer saying: "Ninety percent of science fiction is crud, but that's because ninety percent of everything is crud."

Very rarely, a more optimistic second clause is added, "...but the remaining 10% is worth dying for".

Thanks
    I think that the more you let "the bad work" piss you off, the more you will find it.
    "If one advances confidently in the direction of
    his dreams, and endeavors to live the life he
    has imagined, he will meet with a success
    unexpected in common hours."
    - H.D. Thoreau

Thanks
    That's the spirit! what is constructive in crits like yours? Why do you feel like it is offending even if it is so with quality of art.. I btw don't agree. People are drawing and practicing, stepping in unknown them territory... That's all good, I feel wonderful about it and respect them. In general with time progress happens with their skills and understanding.

Thanks
    If everyone was a master at what they did the world would be a pretty crappy place.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 753 Posts
    Well... you can make this forum even more professional by helping people in Constructive Crit and Sketchbook section.
    Last edited by Farvus; July 3rd, 2007 at 07:21 PM.

Thanks
    I get the feeling 90 percent of 'all' forum threads are pugnacious and/or full of crap. I guess it's that 10 percent that make it worth while?
    My New Neglected Sketchbook
    You Ain't no Nina!.....

"Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- John Fitzgerald Kennedy
    "My mind is made up. Don't confuse it with facts." -- Terence McKenna

Thanks
    you-so-need-to-calm-down. everyone here is doing their best, and you are soooooo jumping ahead if you think this forum will do a huge about turn on itself. ...

There are members here I have seen progress so fast its unbeliveable. you need to be patient and surf the forums more thoroughly, and get to know people. Why you letting the 'bad' art piss you off? I agree with Otis man, let it bother you, it'll always be there...

Mx

Thanks
    I think it would be a better place if everyone's doing their best.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 753 Posts

Thanks
    jeez.. you don't get guys - i could show you my works that i've made in 2003/04/05/06/07 but they suck so I don't want to waste your time. And was so happy when i finished them - was so proud then I went to sleep. Next day when I looked at them... sweet baby Jesus.. the horror the horror the horror. Thank God i didn't post it anywhere.. Familiar with that feeling? I'm just trying to be honest not starting a 'hate newbie' war! Here I'm a newbie myself.

There is a holy trinity in art: enthusiasm+talent+hardwork. Separate those elements and guess what? no progress, no fun, no any good. 'Talent is not enough' my teacher used to say - 'you must be modest about judging your every painting'. That's a holy grail advice for me.

too bad not for everyone

Thanks
    Why every art forum is always full of crap?

whats the point of this thread?
    "people should work more and stop posting shity pictures"
    "i dont like it if someone sends bad art to competions and then I DONT WIN"

1. go offline
    or
    2. do somethings different
    or
    3. post critics, there are people in need everwhere you browse
    or
    4. ignore the crap and praise the ones who do good things

its easy

(also, imagine you were into making music.. i really think the wannabe-music-boards must be hell on earth)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast