Denizen Girl
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Denizen Girl

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Denizen Girl

this is the very first/completed digital art i drew with my wacom. it was drawn in alias...coloured in painter x and touched up in PS CS2....if anyone has tips on how to digitally colour (realistically) i would really appreciate it

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 2,275 Times in 625 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    cut out filter.....

yeah we all love the cutout filter, but try to utilize it more purposefully or avoid it completely.
    it may be better to manually attempt to achieve the same look of a cutout filter without actually using it.
    i've used everyfilter in the book at one point or another, and it's always left me dissatisfied in the long run.

with the type of figures you draw, "realistic" color rendering may end up being a bad idea. you can achieve a better harmony in composition through texture if your coloring reflects the quality of your linework.

if you want 'reality', start with the figure and the anatomy, a strong foundation of proportions and accuracy in body structure is the first step in depicting a representation of 'reality'

but that aside, if you want to sculpt a more believable form, spend a great deal of time establishing form through value. a wide gradient of tints and shades will help render shape. pay attenton to brushwork and how it relates to texture (texture of cloth, skin, hair, background, etc.). use a diverse palette of colors, as 'reality' is rarely in simple color schemes. find the hidden colors of certain hues (the blues and greens in skin tones), treat the digital image as a painting, eliciting the accuracy of color and representing it faithfully. taking liberties, generalizing, or other shortcuts will hinder your progression and ability to transcribe into a beleivable form.

reality can be a lot of work, but well worth the effort.
    goodluck

Last edited by Grief; May 31st, 2007 at 11:26 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i think you should jus render the skin areas. try playing with the opacity of the brush, for rendering.
    remember hard and soft edges.
    i think everywhere else you should keep it. looks good!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.