Art: Blimp City - Old Photo.

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Blimp City - Old Photo.

Hi Guyz,

I finally decided to post my Blimp City here on ConceptArt. Its an old project of mine, and i think its finally ready to show to the public

i posted an extra pics of the model from the side to try and show you guyz some extra detail.

Hope you like it.

greatz
    Daggeronie

Attached Images Attached Images          
    Last edited by Daggeronie; June 1st, 2007 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Posting a new Render
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Daggeronie - Looks like a good start. After all the work you have put in to produce the sepia-tone image the tree in the foreground somewhat ruins the effect. A better tree or perhaps a modelled building would help the effect of the image.

As the model has so many large flat planes, a basic bump or dirt texture might help it look more 'real'. Are you planing to do some more work on this images, I look forward to seeing how it comes together.

-A

MY SKETCHBOOK Updated 05/08/08 - Critique and comments encouraged

Industrial Design Weekly Enviroment of the Week

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great start on this. its coming along nicely.

your blimp model is nice. but i agree with D-Holme. if you dirty up
    the blimp, it wont have that really clean look. cant
    wait to see this turn out!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Guyz,

Thnx for your C&C i really appreciate it.
    I did rerender the picture from a differant angle and tried a new background.
    C&C always welcome ofcourse

D-Holme:
    Yeah your right, The detail in the bilmp is gone because of the angle. And i must need add dirt and bump (next on the list to do )

Complete2:
    I hope the city is a bit more visable now, (added some lights in the city)

dkounios:
    Thnk! Hoping to come up the the dirt/bump version soon.

Greatz
    Daggerone

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think the weight of the city would be more convincing if there was some defomation of the gas envelope and cables supporting it. I also liked the direction you were going with the cables in the wire frame, taking it in a suspension bridge direction. I think that would add to the steampunk feel of your project.

Garyo

'I felt like a monster reincarnation of Horaito Alger and just sick enough to be totally confident.' - Hunter S Thompson
    http://www.greenwhiskerworks.com Have your pet immortalized!
    http://www.chiselandmold.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Daggeronie - Looks better with the variation in tone, it helps to define elements of the structure.

With the size of the windows in minds you might want to take care with scales in the rest of the model. The suspension cables currently have a very large diameter and the component cords are very large too – you might want to experiment with sliming the down (although at the end of the day it is mostly a matter of taste).

I know what Garyo is suggesting but I would be careful how I implemented any deformation. If it is too strong the bag may just end up looking cartoony. If it was a rigid construction gas-bag then it would be unlike to have any serious deformation but you might want to include structural detail to reflect that.

-A

MY SKETCHBOOK Updated 05/08/08 - Critique and comments encouraged

Industrial Design Weekly Enviroment of the Week

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i like this, but i dont think its there yet. this has the potential to be really baddass.
    if this is a whole city you need to think about different classes of people... how would the outskirts of the city work on a flying city? would there be buildings on miniature blimps being towed by chains with crazy bridges connecting them to the main city? i think somehting like that would add a bit of culture, to root it reality a bit more and also might push the whole steampunk feel.
    but my biggest concern is the top platform. its so empty! if this were a real city that whole area would be covered.
    maybe thats the way to do it, the "upper class" have the upper level while the lower class have the hanging city portion.
    just some thoughts i had... like i said, i think this concept has great potential.
    keep at it. also, your buildings are just rectangles at the moment, a few small details in them would help sell them AS buildings.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guyz thnx for all the C&C, i really apriciate it.

@ Garyo:
    Due to the fact of the innerstrcture of the bilmp no deformations will be seen (look at the hindenburg, it had no deformations also). But you are right on the suspension, iam looking in to it to make it more realistic

@ D-Holme:
    Thnx dude, iam quite happy about the tone variation and looking for more ways to make realistic. Iam currently looking into the whole scale thing cause it is pretty off right now.

@ complete2:
    Like i sad to d-holme, iam looking into the whole scale thing, and that means the top layer of the bilmp, now its just a big ass airfield (i know i know, its not clear but it is an airfield). Your idee of upperclass people on the top really gave me new ideas and iam going to work on them richt away.

Ill will keep posting updates when they are finished. Once again thnx for the C&C.

mzzl
    Daggeronie

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.