1 1.32%
  • Peg

0 0%
  • JCai

4 5.26%
  • Grimreaper

1 1.32%

Thread: EOW#55 After the Battle

chaosrocks is offline Environment of the Week Leader Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

EOW#55 After the Battle

EOW#55 After the Battle POLL

The winner of the EOW#53 Tunnel city was ATAnderson

Winner of EOW #54 was Mike Yamada
    congratulations

For this Challenge we Had 30 images started, 27 going to poll. 3 UNFINISHED Several first time entries, several returning past winners.

We had 9 entries not marked as “Final” Help me out here people
    And two that nearly got rejected because they made several entries on several posts… (cough lyconeus, BearCough) make my life easy please peoples.

And 3 that I nearly didn’t take to poll. Next time I will edit if the render is too messy, or the brief is not visibly apparent
    But as those three were first time entries I’ll let it go this time..Tighten em up folks!

Lots of beautiful work and a great round

New Round IS ON!
    EOW# 56 Floating Bazaar

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=98337

Jurffy

They never expected it, nobody did. With no defences, the traitors ignited a war and left the ministry of defence building in flames. With the most important man who could stand against them, dead, the traitors are winning the new war by far.

Chaosrocks

“He dragged his exhausted body over the edge of his hill, only to see what had become of his home”

Alcapulco

Some weeks ago, France declared war to the UK. First target was the city of London. It could be defended several days, but the forces of France were to strong and destroyed the complete city. It was a slaughter like it was in ancient troy.

Edujante

Captain Lugosi and his squadron fly over the city looking for new targets, the scipions, an alien enemy who destroy Caipiroska, capital of vodkarian, one of the biggest city in the human system...

Pound

On the planet of Lothopopiapop, the early telekinetics in the history of humanoid lifeforms here were able to control the planet's plates due to their obvious mineral make-up, and they often waged wars through moving their plate or an enemies if extremely skilled. Armies of mind power would be needed to do that, as enough are needed to move their own plate. On account of this tactic being the most destructive method or war, it was used frequently... the negative effects of this type of battle were therefore often experienced. The armies often pushed too hard and caused ruptures in the great planets surface, or causing devastating earthquakes as too much power was put into the grinding plates, destroying many kingdoms.

Lord M

Aeons ago, the ancient Haskian kingdom was in it's prime time, a wast empire streatching far out in the galaxy. The heart of the kingdom laid on the capital planet Haraska, a green and flourushing planet. There the king Horhar III ruled the empire supported by a powerfull senate. The Haskian royal family had ruled the empire for several millenias and was loved by all in the empire.

All was well untill a group of conspirators in the senate that was backed up by the hawks in the military decided to take power in their own hands and murder the royal Haskian family. After gathering them in the Royal Crowning Cathedral that was located on the highest mountain peak on the planet, the plan was executed. As they felt that the rest of the senate would take revenge, they ordered the military to massacre them all. The people of the empire was furious, but the military stomped down any resistance with sheer brutality. Now the reign of terror begun - none was safe, the military forces pushed the people until they finaly obeyed.

Then the power greedy conspirators divided the empire up between themself, but they couldn't agree with eachother - and a gruesome civil war started. The lifes spilled and planets destroyed were many. The arms race gave birth to more terrifying and devastating weapons, trying to outgun eachother all the time.

The death of the Haskian empire grew closer as one side of the warstarters began to realise that they would lose the war. As the Haskians were a proud and noble race, they just couldn't let the others win the most important planet - the capital planet Haraska. They constructed a device that would blacken the sky and forever sweep the planet into ice and snow - no living being would ever be able to live here as the blood would froze to ice and no ship would be able to enter the athmosphere without falling down and break like a icecrystal.

As the device sealed the fate of the planet - the fate of the Haskian race were also sealed. Oceans froze solid right down to the rock bottom and snow and ice covered the surface miles high. The planets magma core froze into solid iron.

Now all that remains of the once wast and proud Haskian empire is the capital planet Haraska - dead, cold and no living soul can ever set foot on it.

In these days the ships that come close to the planet and looks down, may catch a glimpse of the top piece of the Royal Haskian Crowning Cathedral which was built on the highest mountain, the place where the Haskian Royal family was murdered and the birth to the fall of the empire and the Haskian race.

Robmorphin

Wars in the name of God, love, peace, power, money, color, race are all devil, after the battle, innocent lives are always taken, may they be with God and the sky shall shine upon them even in the aftermath darkness. Bob1:24.

HiddenFox

Los Angeles, 2045
    For years the Asian-American Pacific war raged on. After the fall of Japan no one was left to defend the west American soil. The Chinese-North Korean Red Army was Firing ICBM's from their nuclear subs in eastern Russia. With the eventual alliance with Russia the war was soon to reach even deeper into American soil. This was after the initial battle, but far from the end of the war.

Goran

The orders from HQ were clear:"Nobody will be left behind ".So we went there collecting the pieces,
    providing the forensics with lot's of materials for their masters degrees and families with something for the closed coffins.
    And for us ,just nightmares or insomnias ,depends.

Xoet
    Banned

crazyace31

If anything is still alive it will soon die off, the city June was demolished by Kore's army in his blitz threw the country he swore loyalty. Kore was a general for the United States army until they tried to dismiss him for his unforgiving tactics. With betrayal in his heart he took his army that remained loyal to his word (that is a lot)and is marching them threw the US destroying anything in his path.

Joey-b

After a long and heavy night the city awakes to face the devestation that has been caused

Cgoz

a huge city, all under sands.and thousands of tombstones to remind what happened here to people who visits this godforsaken land if there'd be any.

JFWalls

After the battle the Red Zone was uninhabitable. The cities and towns that used to be there had been blasted into nothing but a few burnt sticks. It wasn't the end though, there would be other battles still, and we would have our revenge.

Daneril

The picture takes place after world war 3, Tokyo has just been halfway destroyed in a suprise attack by forces still unknown to them.

Zyphyrus

Our city destroyed, the buildings in ruins. We forgot the dangerous lines we walked, we took for granted the protection of steel and concrete. Our enemies were angry and jealous, if they could not have our lifestyle, they would destroy it. The fumes of our sewers still rise, the forgotten stink of that which our steel and concrete covered and protected us from. none save a few survived the free flowing plague now in the air, the water, our blood.
    We hide on the outskirts and beneath the rubble, but for many of us, the burn is too much. This is the last look at what our city has become. If the last of us do not perish soon, we hope to find a better place.

Red Rook

We new it was over long before the final pieces of the UNN Astrid and the rest of it's carrier group finally fell out of orbit crashing to the ground, adding to the scars and craters that had already mutilated the surface.

SurfaceMonkey

"We knew it would be 3 years before they would open the shields again, but the battle was over, our beautiful city had survived, and the otherworlders had gone.

The remaining part of the city looked like a snow-globe inside that precious shield."

Cyanidebloo

Sung-jae Kim

They're in a war with their neighboring nation just across the mountains. While being attacked the people hide in the shelters only to see their city after the battle...

Thalion

There was a time when the ancient civilization was living in peace without fear and sorrow, but the barbarians' invasion had destroyed the world of this nation and the dark ages came to those land. The last thing which bring to mind the old kingdom are the ruins of cities.

Last edited by chaosrocks; May 29th, 2007 at 11:52 AM.
    To see the world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wildflower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

Sketch book

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...ight=chaos%27s
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

chaosrocks is offline Environment of the Week Leader Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bearjr

This is all that remains of yet another unassuming township smashed by an invading host. The unstoppable army will raze its way to the heart of the realm, and loose the same destruction on the capital city there.

Xgabo

"We thought we had them disarmed, stripped of their military might; we paraded their soldiers on our streets, and our children would throw rocks at their chained bodies. We thought we had them defeated, left with little more than their devastated cities and humiliation. In our magnanimity we failed to understand how advanced their technology could be, and how desperate they were, facing their extinction. Before we could realize our mistake they finally did it. Using a massive array of underground Gravity generators, they rose their capital city - the ENTIRE CITY - and threw it at our own capital. The vast metropolis slowly descended from above, and for a second it was like we saw our own city mirrored in the night sky. A collective scream echoed as two civilizations clashed with a deafening sound.

We surrended immediately, horrified at such act of widespread death and destruction; humbled at so terribly beautiful sight, of both cities' skyscrapers fused in some sort of gigantic clenched jaw made of metal and concrete."

- War Chronicles Vol. XV

Lyconeus

Concept: AFTER THE BATTLE a war memorial was constructed, but instead of some faceless wall with names written on it or some other abstract representation, the actual dead we used in its construction. This was done so that the dead themselves would always be in view as a reminder. Saddly even this grim reminder gradually became a commonplace sight. It seams even something so vaste was not sufficient to deter the vain ambissions of the powerful.

MEMENETO MORI-remember you will die

Peg

With the establishment of the first colony on mars, the issue of right to territory was raised by outraged rival nations claiming their right to particular zones. Any attempts to raise outposts was swiftly dealt with by opposing nations. Massive focused heatrays fries bases and settlements all over the planet as the debate goes on.

JCai

After a round of surprise attack, the coastal city slowly burned to the ground. The advanced thermo cruise missiles vaporized every living thing at the first moment of impact. After a few more hits, the whole city became a fiery hell, forming a gigantic smoke cloud that can be seen for miles and miles, even all the neighbouring countries out of the horizon.

Grim Reaper

There was a great silence after the battle as the ashes fell on the ground. That october afternoon it was obvious that battle was lost... As survivors came out of their hiding places they found that what emerged from underneath the smoke was a single tree, symbol of life, and a blood covered tombstone right next to it...

To see the world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wildflower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

Sketch book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It has just been pointed out to me that Xoet is Banned. I am removing his image from the poll, I can;t edit the poll itself Please don't vote for him even as a joke
    Thankyou
    Chaos

Sketch book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lots of great entries

my candidates would be:

Jurffy - nice feel of despair after a small scale attack, love the helicopters motions. the bridges are a bit of a turn down for me because of the lack of details. either that or maybe give sharp details to the buildings. feelings i felt at first sight: panic, despair, seriousness

Edujante - nice rendering, but that feels to me "during battle" on first sight.

Goran - bloody and gore, nice expression of cruelty after a battle. maybe have a ship hovering near ground pickin up a corpse, i only knew they were collecting fallen soldiers after reading description. feels on first sight: hell, gore

Cgoz - other worldly, feels entirely different than the rest. kinda confusing at first. i actually feel peace and serenity when i see this.

JFWalls - very nice rendering, i would vote for it if there were a bit more obvious building remnants. it feels more like a doomsday, end of the world thing, with a bit of religious theme due to the light shine on that "cross"

Red Rook - nice rendering and details, but im kinda confused as to where im looking at.

Cyanidebloo - just for the pure feel of death

Xgabo - lovely rendering for the lower part of the image, but the buildings are kinda confusing at first without reading the description. but after that its still kinda confusing as to how the buildings resorted to such positions.

Peg - a good sense of depth, but the red clouds are kinda confusing, maybe just like mine. are they heatwaves? or just smoke?

and i voted for goran for the sheer overkill on the theme of blood and death.
    but almost voted for JFWalls.

great work guys

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Xoet is Banned
    'bout time.

lots of really good entries...one thing I noticed is a lot of you seem to be DURING the battle, not really after...

Uhm I'm giving rook a 'welcome back' vote.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i voted for JFWalls, love that color palette and silence in the concept.Xgabo's piece is the best one for me due to style, but i feel like the battle is still going on in that scene...good job guys

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i voted xgabo, for me the best render in this round, maybe some of the entries, include mine are very during the battle, but if a battle is finished there could be some soldiers looking for their squadron, or a plane, spaceship or whatever looking for lost ennemies...i dont know, is very difficult to represent, in my opinion, the exactly moment "after the battle".Anyway, good work for all the participants in this round, very interesting ones.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What happened to my entry? I know it wasn't that great but why was it considered not finished?

Voted for Cgoz

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I still couldn't get a piece done Too much important thing going on right now.

I had to make a decision between Hiddenfox and cgoz. Hiddenfox has a great calm and quiet feeling in his painting. That sort of "man it was terrible - glad it's all over now - it's gonna leave it's scars" feeling I was trying to achieve myself. But I voted for cgoz. I definitely fell in love with his concept and the mood of his painting. The piece really stands out. Overall, a very nice round =)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    GREAT ROUND EVERYBODY! I voted for Hiddenfox because his piece really showed the moment AFTER the battle, RIGHT after the battle.. buildings were in crumbles and overall, looked very destroyed.. Also, the smoke drifting around and in the air, in the distance.. really brought that idea to life.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Umbrella Man...cause you told me it wasn't finished?

chaos

Sketch book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    For the next time, it's acapulco, not alcapulco. Like the city in mexico.. acapulco =)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I vote Edujante, I like the atmosphere ...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some good paintings here. I particularly liked what Bearjr and Sung-jae Kim had to offer, but overall it was Goran's that really swung it for me - the limited colour palette just worked really well and there's a good story in there. Great painting. Well done to these three guys.

Vote for Goran.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks, paul!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Edujante: Nice color, nice concept nice composition. You got my vote.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.