Help! I have crazy vertical lines in my oil brushes

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Help! I have crazy vertical lines in my oil brushes

so I'm minding my own business doing work in PainterIX and all of a sudden in my brush creator i notice these crazy vertical lines in my paint brushes (oil, palette knife, ect). I have no idea where they came from or how to get rid of them. My workspace is a MAC with OSX and a Instuos 3 tablet at 300dpi. I tried resetting my presets in painter and it did get rid of them for about 24hrs but now they are back again and freaking me out. They also show up in Photoshop and i'm very concerned that they will shop up in print as well. Is this something like a resolution problem? Please help

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Gabby; May 26th, 2007 at 12:19 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very odd, and although I'm sure they are frustrating, they do look kinda cool, maybe can be used to your advantage.

sorry that I don't have any useful knowledge for you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well, concerning photoshop, i think it's a SPACING problem.. go to the brush palette and in the brush tip shape section, set the Spacing Bar to "0". Mind that I'm talking about Photoshop CS2. Now with painter, I'm sure the brush creator has an option that mingles with the "spacing", but i'm not sure where it can be found. Never the less, I think the texture that's created with it is interesting, and it could work well, depending on the situation.

"Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabby View Post
    so I'm minding my own business doing work in PainterIX and all of a sudden in my brush creator i notice these crazy vertical lines in my paint brushes (oil, palette knife, ect). I have no idea where they came from or how to get rid of them. My workspace is a MAC with OSX and a Instuos 3 tablet at 300dpi. I tried resetting my presets in painter and it did get rid of them for about 24hrs but now they are back again and freaking me out. They also show up in Photoshop and i'm very concerned that they will shop up in print as well. Is this something like a resolution problem? Please help
    Your example doesn't look like a Palette Knife brush stroke and I don't know which Oils variant would make a stroke like that.

Also, I don't see any vertical lines in your brush strokes, though I do see some angled curve lines on the left side of the image.

If you can be specific about which brush category and brush variant you were using (exact names), and list any brush control adjustments you made to the brush variant before painting those strokes shown in your example, maybe we can test the same variant to figure out what's happening.

If you're using Painter IX (IX 9.1 or IX.5) or Painter X, you don't need to launch the Brush Creator to make brush control adjustments. That launches a whole different interface and separates you from your work.

Instead, use Window > Brush Controls > General to open all of the brush control palettes docked as a group. Now you can make on-the-fly brush control adjustments without the unnecessary separation from your work.

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.