Little help on troll pic...
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Little help on troll pic...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face Little help on troll pic...

I'm not sure if this is too early in the pictures stage for me to be posting it asking for crits on positioning and anatomy and such - but ya.... hopefully it is
    Name:  flavius run700.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  206.4 KB
    any suggestions would be really appreciated - obviously I haven't added much in, but i have a hard time rerendering things once theyve already been placed - just any suggestions on leg placements or changes i could do now before its too late and I've rendered it, I've moved it around a bunch form its original sketch, and hopefully this can be read even w/o a lot of the colors thrown in.

thanks in advance guys I really appreciate any help you can muster

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The rest of the body has to be completed
    and the right arm looks weird!
    Besides that awesome job!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    so too hard to tell till i render the rest? well then I'll get on that - hopefully things wont look too bad heh and when you say right arm do you mean like our right? (his left) or the ones that close to us and rendered? thanks btw for commenting though :]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yea, the arm closest to the scroll bar ----->
    He's an awesome piece of work though.
    Like a Super Sayian Smurf ! lol!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    where's the pic? or is it pass my bedtime and Im not seeing it...?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    mofongo: hrmm dunno - i uploaded it with the CA attacher - and its working for me =/ so not sure why its not showing up

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    get your sketch finished completely before you start painting, you'll thank yourself later.
    its obvious that you're trying to work with some perspective, but the foreshortening isnt really working on that left arm of his. i think the biggest part about it that is throwing you off is that it looks like his arm is coming out of his shoulder armor, and not his torso. try redrawing that part and you'll get a better hang of it. i'd also suggest to draw his upper arm a little bit shorter, and make the entire arm smaller for that perspective.

as for the rendering part, do you have an idea of where you'd like your light souce? and what were you thinking in the way of a background? it'd be neat if you put him in stranglethorn

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks :] - Umm actually the light source i had planned was just like upper right sorta (i tried to do some of that rendering already - is it not all one light source? ) also the idea for the background was gonna be like wsg (he has a flag on his back but i guess its not very noticable yet heh very sketchy) and it was gonna be like exiting the tunnel of the enemies base - also a friend said i should put like a felhound behind him so odds are i'll rock that :].

as for the arm - any suggestions on why the foreshortening doesnt work other than its like off the socket lol (i noticed that earlier but didnt get a chance to fix it before i posted) or do you think just moving it over will give me enough insight on how to make it look good?

thanks a bunch for the crits man - and i totally agree itll help me out a ton later to get all the sketch done first - which is why im asking here actually because i wanna make sure any glaring errors like the arm are handled before i fully render them heh. But ya I think i'll add in the background before i go eany further. thanks agian dude

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have no clue were the light is coming from.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aha... there it is! Must've been my browser or something, I swear I didn't see it.

I like the dynamics and the blue tones does give it that smurfy look, but it works. That left arm is awkward partly because it looks too stiff for what is going on with the rest of the body. You should add a bend at the elbow. The foot also looks detached. I would elongate the heal or show an ankle.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ahh good idea on that leg and arm - i'll be sure to do that - thanks a bunch.

and johnQ - ignoring the back arm which isnt rendered - it doesnt appear as though the light source is coming from our right? since highlights are on the right side of his face and darks on the left (same with leg and arm?) I just wanna make sure theres SOME light source apparent - and if its that its just not the same for all 3 parts placed in then any idea how I can go about fixing them?

thanks a bunch guys this is all helpful stuff :]

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.