make me bleed!

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: make me bleed!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

make me bleed!

Mods, I apologize if this is in the wrong section, please shuffle it wherever it belongs if so.

I'd like some critiques on my overall style, and be vicious because those are the most helpful.
    Please note that these are finished paintings that I don't plan on revisiting, and that I don't want critiques based on the paintings themselves, I just want you guys to rip me a new one when it comes to my style.

I haven't heard anything useful in a number of years, but I've started to notice that all my figures tend to look a little ..stiff, but I'm not sure how to fix that. Maybe its just me? Thats just an example of what I'd like to hear, and I'm sure you guys will do just fine.

sorry if the following images are huge and bust up your tables.

"t'sona kumi"
    make me bleed!
    "flint"
    make me bleed!
    "breathing room"
    make me bleed!
    "bellz"
    make me bleed!
    "suicide"
    make me bleed!
    "strike surreal"
    make me bleed!

Last edited by atomicovaries; May 23rd, 2007 at 09:51 AM. Reason: i wasn't clear
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,636 Times in 667 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    My bandwidth!
    Just kidding, here goes;
    1st pic: Funny sky with only stars at the top (and alot), and very bright below. Cloth could use some texture, its too tidy. Especially for an indian I'd say. Most of the anatomy seems fine, though I'm not sure about his right shoulder. Also, I'm confused by his feet, he seems to be wearing panties.
    2nd pic: I think the perfect sideview of the face messes it up a bit. Most of her pose is very dynamic, the face doesnt add up to that. Funny neck, thin collarbones. I think some more attention to the background would do well. A forest doesnt start like that unless you live in an old arcade game. I also like the hair of your other pics more, this is a bit "over the top". I like the glowing effects and skin texture.
    3rd pic: Shoulder armor could use some connection with the rest. Straps, perhaps. I love the face, except for the nose. It seems a bit too bananaish. I think it could use some stronger lines. Nice atmosphere, nice hair too.
    Its 1.13 where I live and I've got school tomorrow, the other 3 will follow ;s
    I hope this was useful and not too harsh, see if you agree with it. These were just the first things that came to my mind. I'm not an expert you know ;P. I find your stuff pretty good, keep it up.

Last edited by Anthis; May 22nd, 2007 at 07:16 PM. Reason: typo

Thanks
    Thanked 1,439 Times in 259 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    To remedy the stiffness, try working for a while with soft and transparent brushes. Work from big to small, and hold off for as long as possible on making hard edges or painting details. Focus on big shapes, color, and composition, until your picture is sketchy, but feels like everything necessary is in place. Then make your brush a tiny bit smaller and go over the image again, sharpening only what absolutely needs to be sharpened, building up to hardness with multiple transparent layers. Repeat as many times as necessary.

I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.