Art: New Stuff Updated 1st July

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Stuff Updated 1st July

I've got the feeling like ..., how shall I put it, like I'm really ON to something here, with this method of painting, something new, at least for me it is. I'm still using gouache, on canvas now but it might aswell 've been wood. Still starting with a big brush and go cuckoo at first, then start seeing something in it and detail the hell out of it. But this time I started with several mid-tone colors and let them play with each other before starting to put any kind of detail, shadow or light on it. Accidently, while splattering drops on it, one fell on a place where it might have been an eye and suddenly it looked like a creature. Still it's just as freaky when I turn the canvas either way. I'm so excited by this discovery.
    By the way: I put new images on top of the thread, not at the bottom. Personally whenever I look at an updated thread it kind of irritates me to have to find the update somewhere at the bottom

Name:  Alien Abstract-small.jpg
Views: 956
Size:  275.7 KB

Made this one last week It's a bit more graphical then I'm used to, came out a bit too tight though. Next one will be more organically wild with some graphic elements as a contrast. It's gouache on canvas 50 x 70 cm

Attachment 157547

Just finished this one. hope you like it,crits welcome

Attachment 146889

Been a while since I last posted, life coming in between or whatever. Still having fun with gouache, mostly on wood. Mostly having no idea beforehand, letting the proces dictate the process. It works for me anyhow. Whether it's any good I leave open to critic, to suggestions, to abuse. Finally having an exhibition again for the first time in 7 years, a group exhibition in Amsterdam. If you're in the neighbourhood drop by http://www.gogallery.nl
    Attachment 157748

Attachment 142367

Attachment 142366

Attachment 142365

Attachment 142363

Attached Images Attached Images            
    Last edited by Arthur Haas; July 3rd, 2007 at 03:08 AM. Reason: adding stuff
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Very interesting images. I think i like the first one the best. There is something very organic about them. Something that reminds me of adventuring into the human body.

Can you tell us anything more about them? Do they have titles?

"A perfect machine can be made from imperfect parts."

Man this is Hot!

the second one is a blast, it reminds me of Giger's work but different

very cool!

5. your work is awesome man. really interesting to look at. like the first one the most, as it fills me with this weird feeling of having seen it before somewhere.

keep em coming, yes?

6. I enjoy the first and the last ones, The contrasting organic shapes. Nice style really. Reminds me of Wayne Barlowe.

Interesting shapes and designs.My favourites are 2nd and last one.
    Personally i'm not very fond with the color choices,i think more desaturated and monochromatic would suit these better.

A bit too surrealistic/abstract for my taste but definitly excellent rendering. Also reminds me of Giger, not that it's a bad thing

Yummie....I love the organic visionary madness, reminds me a bit of Robert Venosas work. The first and last one are probably my favorites. Keep up the crazyness man!

Ia Ia Cthulhu Fthagn

The Sketchbook Lives AGAIN!

Darkergreen, My environment, and concept art portfolio

"Its all Fish-Men in the end anyway" -Sara, my wife

"Whenever one finds oneself inclined to bitterness, it is a sign of emotional failure."
    Bertrand Russell

Brothers, and Sisters,

This looks nothing like Wayne Douglas Barlowe's awesome interpretation of Jack Bird Hell!

Reminds me of the inner workings of a flu shank -- post sand people take down -- the first image that is.

The second feels to me like a dimensional "captivator ring," or "Calvin hook," described in that book about wild "green worlds," by that dude who wrote Bladerunner. I think the book is called, Folding Emerald Flames, or some Earl of bring it kind of deal.

Durant "your mixing up some color" Hapke

Mmmmmm. Like the love child of Wayne Doulgas Barlowe and Bruce Pennington.

Thanx everyone for the comments
    They don't have titles, apart from the filenames I had to give them. They're really just doodles, no prior concept, no direction it needs to go. I'm really flattered by the references to Giger and Barlowe, they have been great influences in their own unique way. I just love the organic stuff, am planning to mix it a bit more with technological elements, bio-organics. Then again, I can plan something but that doesn't mean a thing. It still goes the way it goes.

Two more at the bottom

Actually here's two more.

Name:  structure_II-small.jpe
Views: 2222
Size:  327.7 KB

Name:  structure_III-small.jpe
Views: 2184
Size:  242.4 KB

Great stuff, man! The last painting in your first post is really really beautiful! Love the use of white - super!

Wow I really love these, they have so much texture!

Lynn Hogan
    Concept art - Product Design - Illustration
    www.lynntendo.com

Brothers, and Sisters,

Wild thoughts, and notions to be sure -- a Jack bird lot of thinking think.

I'm unsure, or rather "drunk" with confusion regarding:

"They're really just doodles, no prior concept, no direction it needs to go..."

Bring the input -- toast a massive sandwich -- what's the story here?

I'm twisty unclear about the underlying meaning of "Doodle."

Are you suggesting this work is ill conceived, and masturbatory, Aman, or is it simply lacking in narrative?

Perhaps your meaning something along the lines of the notion that, when your creating, it's like the work creates it's self, or your channeling some kind of alternate reality, force, or being -- Is that on?

Insight would be killer Jack bird cool. Thanks for that.

Dude, man, dude, Quatermass, what work of Wayne D. Barlowe's does this action remind you of?

Mr. Barlowe's work seems quite deliberate, and refined (he brings the full understanding pallet), perhaps your "into" some work I'm not aware of. Please buck the blue bronco for me, and bring it.

Bring the Barlowe funk.

Bring me the funk, you funk master.

I want all the funk.

Durant "my brush is broken" Hapke

17. Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    Actually here's two more.

Name:  structure_II-small.jpe
Views: 2222
Size:  327.7 KB

Name:  structure_III-small.jpe
Views: 2184
Size:  242.4 KB
    love that black one.

To Durant: I don't understand half of what you're saying but regarding the question of doodles: the work is not ill conceived at all, it's more a matter of getting out of the way and let the process take over. Any thought,concept or idea of narrative just get's in the way. If afterward there's thought and opinions about it, well that's how the mind works I guess and that's also allright. Yes, it's definitely masturbatory as I'm doing it purely for my own pleasure. Ofcourse it would be lovely to sell some at this exhibition coming saturday. Thank you for taking the time to respond,preciate it.

wow, amazing work! love the last one in the first post

Beautiful work. You can almost make up stories to each one as they are left so vague/abstract.

Deselect
    עקיבא
    http://sixthirteendesign.com

nice traditionals!!! I always look foward to seeing your stuff!!! are u painting on masonite or some type of hardboard?

My Sketchbook

Life is a long lesson in humility.

stalsby: most of these are on a type of hardboard called multiplex (several layers of wood pressed and glued together) but I also paint on canvas, which you're not supposed to do since the canvas is somewhat flexible and gouache paint is not. But I just put a good layer of acrylic-varnish on top and just never roll up the canvas. Wood is lovely to paint on but quite fragile too, scratches easily, so I'm kind of trying both media at the moment. Even paper is good but reacts a bit different,soaks up more paint, making it easier to glaze a bit which is quite impossible to do on wood.

update

just updated this thread with a new painting, done with gouache on canvas 40 x 50 cm. It was fun!

Hey nice paintings, they do have similarities to H.R. Giger paintings, but this is a style of your own. Is it all done in gouache?

Reall really really like your paintings so far! Reminds me of... something Belsinki.

love the texture!

m i c h a e l
    h a l f o r d

http://michaelhalford.blogspot.com/

that is some great texture, very 70's EPIC, Great stuff. i always get so jazzed looking at your creations, kepp her up.

the last image using the greys and that streak of read has blown my mind.
    thanks for posting i enjoy your work greatly.
    cheers
    -alti

update 22 june

Added another piece at the top

Very crazy stuff. Colors, designs, and compositions are incredible.

Shawn Adomanis
    www.shawnadomanis.com
    Sketchbook

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!" – The Wizard of Oz

Hey shadoman! That's some quick respons. Just visited your site, looks like you also really dig this micro-macro stuff, bugs the size of monsters and all. Thanx for the comment.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.