Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    The drawing looks solid, but I'd like to see a stronger light source. Some parts of it, the coat especially, look kinda flat. It looks like the light source is directly in front of him, which is always hard to do and keep a sense of form. Like how when you take pictures with a flash, they get all flat.

Also, if you figure out a good way to color grayscale images, let me know. I've never had any luck.
    ketchook!

SSG #44
    "The Fightin' 44th"
    - _andreas_ - brunopicinini - funfetus - Suarezart -

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    thanks d
    Fun Fetus- Ya I should probably rethink my light source on that one. I knew something didn't look right. Thanks man. If u wanna see some cool greyscale colorings, check out Mins sketchbook. haha.

I dont know what this is, But i know i spent more time than I wanted to on it. Played too much with brushes again, Some of these brushes were very hard to control. But anyways good to experiment.
    Last edited by agelaos; September 22nd, 2007 at 02:28 AM.

Thanks
    It's easy to spend too much time playing with custom brushes. I tend to just use them when I need to put down a lot of semi-random brushstrokes, rather than for sort of workhorse, basic stuff like you're doing here. Looks pretty cool, though.
    ketchook!

SSG #44
    "The Fightin' 44th"

Thanks
    Thanked 2,321 Times in 906 Posts
    you spent like an extra 2 hours! nice race. looks good but looks a little too flat. Anyways, dont stop studyin drawing and learnin.
    'If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems.And that's a big mistake.'
    www.DaveRapoza.com - Step by Steps, Videos, PSD Downloads, and tons of other crap
    SketchBook
    My Twitter Account
    Schoolism Alien Video Tutorial!
    -HAHAHA B.B.F.F. Forever...-

Thanks
    FunFetus- Thanks man
    Mr D. I actually really just spent an hour on it wasn't sure If I wanted to post it though. haha, but ya I lost that race pretty bad. I think it looks flat because of those custom brushes all over the clothing, since theres really no shading.

Just a few arm studies. I was gonna post some characters but they were all pretty bad. So ya not much to look at here, pretty lame I know : D Think Im starting to understand the arm a little more, need to do more though, so I feel confident with them.

Thanks
    Yo, I'm diggin your SB brother. Keep up the good work! I can see the Amano influence, nice.
    \\_________//
    ..Sketchbook..

Thanks
    Sick work as always, though I'm loving your experimental brush work more and more! You know.. I got the pm you sent me about the books... but sadly I have yet to obtain them due to certain circumstances. I will get them soon enough though. Until then... I look forward to studying your resources!

Thanks
    Grae- thanks, amano is one of my favorites.

Chainer- thanks for stopping by man, Hope the resources are of good use, though the only books I really use, are Loomis and Bridgman, haha, but I mean most people say that. Still have much to learn from custom brushes

Heres that one greyscale that I colored. well I need more practice Obviously. Still having a rough time with colors, but Ill get there.
    Last edited by agelaos; September 25th, 2007 at 06:43 AM.

Thanks
    The shiny bits on that one look good, and the cravat looks nice and creamy. I think the tunic could do with more defining, though. Put some folds and creases in there.

The arm studies look good, too -- keep that stuff up. I need to do more of that nuts-and-bolts, "this-is-how-these-bones-twist" kinda stuff.
    ketchook!

SSG #44
    "The Fightin' 44th"

Thanks
    This stuff is excellent. Definitely see an improvement as I go through the pages. I totally agree with you about doing more from my head. I just suck pretty badly when It comes to that kind of stuff. Me and a bunch of other AI kids usually go sketching down in china town on fridays. You should join us! You could yell at me if I'm drawing too much from ref. Are you in the FRI CA class with Kathryn? If so, you should point yourself out! Oh, and the piece with the custom brushes... I need a new pair of pants, man! It's excellent!

Thanks
    funfetus- thanks man for your support, I agree with the cloth, I might fix it sooner or later.
    Kyle Steed- Thanks man, ya I have Kathryn's class on Friday, my names Dennis Kutsenko, I sit back in the corner haha. Thanks for dropping by.

heres some crap, Mr D kept pushing me to post. Here it is. The last one is all the side of my pencil, I kinda like the way it came out, lots of wavy lines. Some of the anatomy might be wonky here and there, these were done kinda quick, so I didnt really go back to fix anything. Also need to find an easy fast way to shade correctly. Anyways I have lots of homework to do : (
    Last edited by agelaos; November 6th, 2007 at 10:05 PM.

Thanks
    2 10 minute life drawings. I need to do more anatomy and life drawing. I wish I knew how to render sometimes : (.
    Last edited by agelaos; October 10th, 2007 at 10:10 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,891 Times in 428 Posts
    well you can only learn by practicinngggggg!!!

Spend like 10 hours on one drawing. even if you hate it at the end of it, i think it would be worth it, for the learning experience. =)

Thanks
    28chelseaslater- ya you're right. Ill try doing 10 hours on one drawing, but sounds like a pain! Guess you have to take the pain to get the gain.

Anyways heres some mixed animals. My first times drawing animals, so you can expect lots of errors everywhere. Probably should have given the rabbit some feet to pull that shell, he looks like hes pissed at me now , Anyways I should study animals more.
    Last edited by agelaos; November 6th, 2007 at 10:06 PM.

Thanks
    The last one had me cracking up.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to _Chainer For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast