Sketchbook: gunnarsson schmunnarsson - update on august 19!

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Thanks

gunnarsson schmunnarsson - update on august 19!

Greetings dear ConceptArtists! this is the new sketchbook. it's new, and it's a sketchbook.

some sketches!

this is an acryllic painting that I send to uni. I'm attending a painting and drawing one!

Contribution to chow71, topic: "fallen valkyrie".

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by gunnarsson; August 19th, 2010 at 04:39 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    OH SHIT! you're orifice! i saw the peices and was gonna say it as if i totally know everything but you now have it under your name...hmph

really. fucking. nice.

Thanks
    Not bad I have to say I didn't see much of your work when you went as Orifice, but I like what you have. I'd love to see more color work tho. Keep it up!!

GUILD OF CALAMITOUS INTENT
    - BohemianChaos - | - Jska -
    Check out our sexy sketchbooks!

Sweden, Gotland gamedesign& graphic education
    Thanks
    nice work! he he funny thing is that we almost have the same last name but i spell it Gunnarson:bur: well keep up with the good work! hare bra

Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 152 Posts
    Hey Petter, really enjoyed your ChOW this week, but seeing some of your sketches we could expect lots and lots more from you!! damn sweet lines and great style to push through. can't believe u are 18 tho. d'oh. hahah nice one! *subscribe*

Thanks
    -right click, save as, repeat-

Thanks
    Oh yes man new sb! Here are lodas of stuff that are seriously amazing.

Thanks
    Nice range of topics and all slightly demented - I like it.

One thing however - I'm not fond of the way that you draw hands, is it a problem area or just personal preference?

Look forward to seeing more.

my sketches here... http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=92997

www.sevans.co.nz , visit them or a puppy dies!

Thanks
    I am so enjoy how you approach the characters' contour line, so beautiful but so strong

Thanks
    You got into the painting course at uni congrats
    hope you keep us updated.
    cheers
    -alti

Thanks
    Super sweet stuff dude!
    You have a nice looking style and what I can see you can draw pretty realistic too.
    Keep posting!

Tjenis!

Thanks
    very nice work! keep it up!

Thanks
    been looking for the new book...great stuff...totally five star worthy, I contribute to the praise.

Thanks
    do I see a Rowan Atkinson (Mr. Bean, Blackadder, Johnny English or whatever else you might know him as) impersonator somewhere in there?

Thanks
    wow that stuff is really amazing, i love the sketches, i can see rohan atkinson. Great stuff, inspiring. keep posting.

Thanks
    Sweet new start, i love some of the rendered faces, the line drawings too.
    Hope to see more of your drawings

cheers

Thanks
    hey good stuff here, I like some of the shape designs you got going, I dont like when you start to over-render...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 766 Posts
    guunarrson,
    Hey man remember me? top notch stuff. You make me want to work so hard man.Really envy your style and sense of lighting.I wish I could eat yer brain.
    subscribed .

Thanks
    hey there! Really nice stuff, enjoying the chow, as well as the hanging flesh sketches. Your lines look comfortable and not forced. Keep it up mang!

Thanks
    Very nice stuff going on here... Like your acrylic painting a lot, and your sketches look great..

(nice how you got Mr. Bean in there)

Thanks

wow!

19 people commented after just one post? what the heck? 5 stars after just one post? thats just wrong. kinda overwhelming, a big ol' thanks to all of you! now I've gotta answear alot of comments tho.

and oh yeah, I got into my painting uni of choise! a big hurray for that too! though my mate Sarcophagus wasn't just as lucky. ;_; He got in to another good uni, so he'll be a-ok.

asoir - Thats right matey, this is the feared rebirth! and well, you know almost everything. thanks for the props!

bohemianchaos - glad you've noticed me this time then heh! and I'm also glad you like the stuff, those colors you seek are coming up.

crazydude - hey duuude, great to have a fellow lastnamer amongst all the non-gunnarssons! I'll try to keep it up, hare vackert!

bumskee - wow, thanks piles mister! Your contribution was eyemelting, most probably the fave from the round. hah, now I feel heavily preassured to perform, no joke. I hope your right by expecting more, all the fantastical skills on this site just makes me wanna push myself to the max. thanks for stopping by, I feel honored!

unit 22 - hah, awesome!

sarcophagus - yay and hurray! many thanks, and I promiss to stop by soon at the SB.

SEVANS - Thanks alot man. glad you think so! about that hand thing; i don't like the way I draw hands either. And yes, it is kind of a problem area, I'm actually pretty much crappy at anatomy all over. I should practise more hands. Thankies for the reminder.

openanewworld - thanks alot bud, makes me very happy!

alti - yeah, its fantastic and I look forward to it ALOT! I will try to sir, I will try my best... seya round!

motives - thanks heaps meng! I am happy that you enjoy the style, its very fun to do too, so I guess its a win win situation! Will do camrade of sweden!

reed davis - thanks brotha, and keep it up yourself!

Gspot - heh, you have? big big thanks for that, makes me very happy! ha!, five stars...

grundybug - thanks muchly for the liking, and yup yup, it sure is him. Ya recognize any of the others? anywho, thanks for the props!

diego - yeah, its an ok start, I'll feed you with more, just you wait! cheerio!

main loop - thanks mang! I can agree with you on that rendering thing. though some things fit better in a more finely rendered style in my opinion. but yes, generally I absolutely agree. I am trying to get some sort of balance in me style right now, trying out combining sketchy and rendered and such. hope to find some level of renderedness that I fancy.

bhanu - what? no.. who are you? no, I was merely joking! I knew who you were all along! no really, I knew who you were, and I just pretended not to know who you were! really! anywho, I am positively happy to be doing that to you, pushing you that is. cool. Hope to catch you on msn in the near future. seya round mate!

amer-nazri - hello. yeah, those are my faves too... unforced is what I am aiming for, so its good how you percieve it that way! keep it upwards!

glottis - thanks alot! Yes, the acryllic one worked out pretty well, a crappy shot of it tho.
    mr. bean is nice.

chow #74 is at a stand still, with no topic. but defying all laws of normal behavior, the bored chow artists started this shadow chow, to keep up the art fun even without the beloved competition. the only thing we knew about the topic was the letters T.B.A, so we all had our own theories about the meaning of it. My enterpretation is "the body angler".

a design asignment resulted in me doing the cover of mine and my buddies' comic:

Some of you might have seen this, I did a big acryllic painting of popbot and a man, fireing their guns. that was a part of a big project at school, of which this sculpture is also part. its a 16 cm/7,5 inch, plaster thing. (the project involved being inspired by an artist that you like.)

(to see the size: )

Last edited by gunnarsson; December 4th, 2007 at 08:41 AM.

Thanks
    there's a great design element in your work; I really like that vaylkerie (fuck, i don't know how that's spetl) chow.

cheers.

Thanks
    Oh yeah I'm the first one to comment on yer update! The Body Angler is amazing man.. awesome pose and extremely nice houses as always. Keep it up, will there be a finnished version of the angler?

EDIT: Nooo why did I write so slooowlyy...

Last edited by Konstruktion; June 1st, 2007 at 01:43 PM. Reason: I was beaten up.

Thanks
    Some sick shit here bro.

Thanks
    o.O Du har talang! Fett snygga bilder. Jag diggar gubben som suger/blåser i slangen till sitt lilla ångverk eller vad de är

Bra jobbat! Keep it up som fan

sb vimmel
    come and criticize me

sketchbook

my music

my portfolio

Thanks
    awesome sculpture dewd. popbot for your art project? cmon man, juice up the creativity!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 766 Posts
    no, I was merely joking! I knew who you were all along! no really, I knew who you were, and I just pretended not to know who you were! really!
    AHhh I knew you knew me. I also knew you knew that I knew you .
    ANyways,
    killer chow pic, I wanted to join in too but cant .TBA? I was thinking more like tight bum assasin. still this ones really nicely conceptualised.Hmm the sculpt is looking neat. I would like to see how you go about doing it.

Will chat soon.
    Later

Thanks
    nutter - yeah, i really enjoy graphicidity and its fun to combine it with painting. I had to check the spelling about 10 times related to the competition... cheerios mang!

sarcophagus - yes, you are quite slow on the keyboard... not as slow as I tho, that has happened to me several times. I quite like the angler myself, and got surprised by how well it went. I think I got the atmosphere that I saught down pretty well. Out of my color comfort zone and all. Very glad you like it too, shows I was right! I wont finnish him. ever!

flesheater - thanks alot my man! dig your name there...

vimmel - ha! tackar så mycket! o ja, gillar idén där osso. jag tror han suger ut det han producerar... jag skall keepa det upp! göro detsamma!

asoir - yes, pretty much a boring choise there. that I made one year ago. today I would not do the same choise. I just gotta say it; you're great man, I really appreciate you being honest and pointing out things I should improve. Thats just what I need, and what this site is all about after all. So thank you, and keep it up.

bhanu - you KNEW? your incredible and enlureing mind has yet again hoisted me. And thankies, I'm pleased with that chow one as well. hahaha the tight bum asassin would surely be an appreciated contribution! I can picture him before me...
    hmm yes the sculpt. Its all about cutting away chunks of plaster. really.
    cheers mate!

ok I need to upload sumthing here now so here it goes. first off is just some sketchbook stuff:

and then here's a lil project I've started. I'm gonna fill my desk in my room with stuff. and here is the first filler. I have had this idea to do a non friandly panda, to kill the pandas-being-nice-myth. I might do another bigger version of this, with people being attacked later.

this is an illustration of Jesus being punched in the mouth. Wanted to do this big, very rendered pic of this, and might do it. All my relatives on my fathers side (and there are many) are very religious, and my parents are kind of christian too, hah. But I have branched of from the path of christianity. my relatives on my fathers side seem very, hmm, protected from the world one could say. I would want them to see this, or a big outprint of the full picture I had in mind. I see it a bit like a symbol of my beliefs. please do not take it too seriously, and please do not rant.

this weeks chow. topic: demonic pirate lord

Last edited by gunnarsson; December 4th, 2007 at 08:49 AM.

Thanks
    Alltså man did you use ref or anything for the chow? amazing anyway. So clean, it's like you nail every line at the first stroke. And wow your desk is going to look awesome, that panda is amazing. I gotta do some painting myself i supose. And the punch on jesus is amazing! Love his mouth and his eye and his hear and everything. I still dont get how you manage to do things like that. And now I got first!

EDIT: Yes, I did egt first.

Thanks
    that panda bear is 100% kickass mate, love that. ive started doin that to my desk, after realising that it was just gonna get covered in paint anyways. tis great is it not? love the jesus, but i think the composition may need a little work if it was to be a large piece. its not as dynamic as i can envision it being. and the chow rocks, the bit im not a big fan of is what i assume to be the demon pirate lord 'imself, the feet look a little weak, and the arm seems really small and oddly angled, sorta stiff. the colouring is great tho, and i really like the graphic element of his head bein cut off by the border, nifty trick. your a year older than me, means ive got a level to aspire to by the beginning of next year. shit hot stuff fella.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 11