Thanks

Halo 3 Beta comes out today!

Hey guys, if you guys didn't know, if you have Crackdown for Xbox 360, your able to download Halo 3 Beta. Sadly, it isn't working for my friend who has it. It was suppose to be up this morning by 8am, but no luck yet. Anyway, i'm sure there tons of people trying to get a copy today -

Anyone play yet?

- Visions

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    No way! I can't get it, my xbox recently got the three red light treatment. It turned on a few times but now its completly gone, oh well.

That was the only thing i was looking forward too as well.
    "No, on second thought, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place."

Thanks
    I'll be DLing it tonight after work while watching Lost. Should be interesting tho I'm a bit bummed the graphics won't make any attempt to compete with Gears. But working at a developer creating MMO's I definitely understand the difficulties or such things as well regarding multilayer and such.

Thanks
    man! I totally lost track of the days. I'll be trying to DL it tonight, but I'm sure that the servers will be bogged down for a few days. I'm sure that once oe of us has played it, we'll all know about it.

Thanks
    Yeah, supposedly there was an error with those who had crackdown, but now it's working, and I have a feeling we'll be waiting for a while. We're at 18% going, going, going, going...

Thanks
    Played for a few hours today. Can definitely say that it is good. There are some bugs, and balance issues, but it's still very good. If you don't like Halo 2 you may not like this, since it is in the vein of Halo 2 rather than 1. Graphics aren't a huge improvement, but the game plays really well and is just straight up fun. The new vehicle doesn't work so well from a strategic or tactical standpoint, but it's alotta fun to just whip around in.
    N & B

~Sketches

Thanks
    Yeah, I agree with alot of that. I was disappointed they didn't try to compete with GoW's graphics, but what can you do. The new weapons are sweet, and the new layout of controls are more comfortable. Let's just hope the actual campaign mode is just as cool -

- V

Thanks
    Yesterday was a mess, man. My DSL went down at my house and they came out and fixed it today. Hopefully tonight after work I'll get at least SOME time in on the Halo beta. Assuming it downloads... let us know what your time frame was like Mr. Visions. Thanks, man. BTW, you guys wanna share gamertags? I'm RynoZebz if you're interested.

Thanks
    im sure the beta isnt the pumped up graphics. it looks nice, but im sure we are all in for a few surprises once the game comes out.

missle pod FTW
    -=[ Sinister Six Sketch Group ]=-
    -=[ Cookiedough Fooxoo |ntern Hyver Character Evildisco]=-

Thanks
    Ryan - I'll be under the name KOMMANDO G36, it's my girlfriend's brother. I'm waiting to graduate Saturday, so I have a little free time today and Friday. Give me a call, my number's on my website.

- V

Thanks
    Well in regards to the comments about the graphics..I think it has more to do about keeping the "look" of halo and having the same style.

Thanks
    Chris, I'll see if I can catch you to get some playin' in. Moochin' off your woman's brother, eh? Shame on you! lol

Well, I've played it and I thought it was ok. I've never been a run and gun fan. No one ever talks to each other and develops strategies or anything. I found myself kind of bored with it. Too much going on for me, I guess. I think I'm going to cancel my preorder on this if I don't start enjoying it more. I'm going to give it a chance this week but like I've said before, I tried the original Halo and didn't like it. There has to be some sort of draw tho since everyone loves it. I must be missing something. I find Gears (altho glitchy as a mug) to be more gratifying and fun. Nothin' like runnin' up with a shotty and the dude blowin' to bits. Ha! Certainly beat a guy falling down and camera spinning around him. Bleh.

Maybe I was just too hyped up to play it.