Art: Battle Royale UK

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Battle Royale UK

I did this for my friend who's making 'Battle Royale UK' for his college film project. It was initally inspired by one of the characters in the script. I took inspiration from the MGS3 artwork.

Battle Royale UK

Crits please!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice job, dunno why her hand is kinda half disappeared but i love the rest.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks, asoir. I think i went a bit ott with trying to make it look over exposed. :s

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    no comments doesn't mean it's shit, theres lots of stuff around here that doesn't get commented on.

it's a nice piece, i like the very graphic quality but a few things stick out like the girl's head and the right arm, the head seems very large and the shadow splitting it directly down the center looks unnatural, i think that there would still be some light hitting the left side of her forehead and her left cheek. the arm looks large as well, you may want to check the overall proportions of the figure.

also you may want to integrate the background and logo into the piece some more, right now it just has the logo stamped in a huge field of negative space. if you look at images done in the style you are trying to emulate ( http://www.intothepixel.com/preview.php?99&year=2006 ) the background is a very dynamic part of the composition and is equally or more important than the figure. overall i think it just needs a few anatomy/lighting fixes and some more loving on the background.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Invinciblewombat, thanks loads! I'll work on what you said and re-post the new image. It's such a good thing to have other people crit your work, in I don't usually notice what can be improved untill it's highlighted by someone.

I've been commissioned to do 3 more pics for the film so I'll try some more background incorporation. I think a looser style too.

Oh and any more links to pictures like that would be awsome ^^ x

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    glad to help, it's kind of hard to find art from the metal gear games since they published a book of it and thus try to keep from distributing it for free over the internet (found a few scans of it here though: http://junkerhq.net/MetalGear/mgsbookimages.html ) , theres some stuff by the same guy (Yuji Shinkawa) here: http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/mgs2/art/index2.html and here: http://www.g4tv.com/g4archives/featu...ear_Solid.html but none of it is his most impressive work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, thanks for those links, i just read an extensive interview with Yoji Shinkawa and he talked a lot about his style, i'm gong to try a few techniques. I've got a meeting with the actor i'm supposed to be drawing tomorrow to do some sketches and stuff so i'll post what i've done.

thanks for everything! M x

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's a pic i just did in prep for tomorrow, no ref used, touched up the positioning a little in photoshop. I used Japanese ink on watercolour paper with brushes.Battle Royale UK

Obv style of Shinkawa ^^

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.