new painting, evil knight

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

new painting, evil knight

well, this is done in photoshop, kinda hate the look and feel of the painting, but i think i rendered the metal spikes quite nicely.
    but the over all image still feels flat to me and obviously the proportions are off, but that's not the point of this painting, it's pretty much a painting study.
    but feel free to point out anything, thanks.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member

warped and scaled stuff so theres more curves etc... couldnt really get the feet to look right though heh.

yeah the legs aren't right and the helmet does seemmuch to round for a human head.
    anyways i like what you did with the painting, increasing the contrast mad it stand out a little more and the color made it much darker.
    thanks man, kinda sparked some ideas.
    actually i'm learning how to express drawings and painting with color.
    it does help communicate an idea much better when there's a certain scenario of colors for it.

i wish they made open canvas for mac...it's so much easier using that program than photoshop or painter.

If you jump into colour without knowing how to describe a person with only lines, you're jumping the gun. Colour isn't what you should be studying right now, it's anatomy you should be worried about

Agreed with rhineville, and even when this was a painting study, the result will look loads better when the anatomy is working too.
    About the painting: I havn't tried much armor myself, but I think you should add some color to it, armor is never just gray. I think it looks a bit flat even though its highlighted. Perhaps some texture would help. I like the spikes though.
    Nice armor too, always like asymmetrical That helmet reminds me of the one Russell Crowe is using in Gladiator btw.

here's another one i've painted over a pencil drawing i did a while ago.
    it really doesn't have to do with anything, but then again, i noticed that i've become a little bit faster at painting in photoshop.

8. abgrund.....wonderful way to enlighten a fellow artist.....well done sir

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.