Thanks

6D Art Pen and Painter X RealBristle

Hey,

I'm getting ready to get the 6D Art Pen, and am looking forward to using it with RealBristle. However, I noticed that the RealBristle brushes have no controlling method for angle (it's grayed out). Will the 6D pen still allow me to alter the brush angle with RealBristle or does it only work on brushes that allow you to manipulate the angle settings?

Thanks,

John

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Here's some information that should help you understand the 6D Art Pen and how it works. The tutorial and report were written for Painter IX and IX.5, but the information should also apply to Painter X, though the RealBristle Brushes painting system is new in Painter X:

Expressive painting with Corel® Painter™ IX.5 and the Wacom® 6D Art Pen, By Cher Threinen-Pendarvis

Paula Sanders Report - Wacom 6D Art Pen with Corel Painter IX

Also, a brief explanaton of the 6D Art Pen on this page:

Corel® Painter™ IX + Wacom® 6D Art Pen = New World of Creative Freedom

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

Thanks
    Hello, it seems that using the 6D Art Pen won't allow you to alter the angle settings for the Real Bristle brushes. I got the 6D Art Pen the other day (I'm on Painter X) so I've just begun to experiment with it.
    Peter

Thanks
    Hi Peter,

A Wacom Intuos 3 tablet and 6D Art Pen support Rotation, so when you use a program that offers Rotation Expressioon (Corel Painter X does, with some brush variants including the Art Pen Brushes and RealBristle Brushes.. and some others), you can roll the barrel of the pen between your fingers to control the angle of the brush dab as you paint.

Read the linked pages in my post above for more information on the subject.

If you still can't make Rotation work, it may be that you need to download the latest Wacom driver, delete the existing driver, and install the new driver.

There's a post in the Corel Painter X newsgroup, thread name "Art Pen rotation" that explains this in more detail. The post is by Telemar, his second post dated May 6, 2007.

Good luck!

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

Thanks

6D Art Pen

Hello,
    I'll use the Paula Sanders Report to try out different settings and see what happens when I'm using the 6D Art Pen compared to using the regular pen. If there is no differens in behaviour something is not right I would guess.
    I'm running version 6-something for the Wacom drive so it should be up to date. Is there a way in Painter X where you can make sure the software really registers the use of the 6D Art Pen besides the obvios expected respond to rotation setting for angle, size, feature etc? Got the stuff at work so it'll have to wait till monday though...

Peter