How to improve??

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

How to improve??

Hi, this is pretty close to being finished now (it's also my entry for teen challenge) but thats basically finished now so i thought i would post it here and see if anyone could give me any tips on how to improve my pic.
    How to improve??

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,345 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I know it's for teen chalenge and it probably has a general theme, but I have no idea what's going on. I understand there is a landscape and some weird light-creature things but that's about it. I don't know why one seems to have something different on top of it. SO, I'd say for one thing making it more clear what's happening could help.

There doesn't seem to be any cast shadows, the tree trunks don't seem to be in perspective ... maybe the perspective as a whole is a bit iffy.

The composition seems a bit bland, and even there seems to be a bit of a focal point with the light that appears to be different, it has the same amount of space as everything else, and everything is places so uniformly it really takes any interest out of the picture.

I know it's a bit late to do a total redo, but it might do well to explore more options in the placement of elements, bring the view level down to the ground and focus on one of the lights etc.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.