CHOW #70 - RE - VOTING - Guest Host: bumskee Topic:Modern Day Red Riding Hood

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: RE-VOTING!!!! Please VOTE AGAIN!!!!

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • CHOW #70 - RE - VOTING - Guest Host: bumskee Topic:Modern Day Red Riding Hood

3 3.80%

18 22.78%

0 0%

6 7.59%

2 2.53%

0 0%

5 6.33%

0 0%

9 11.39%

7 8.86%

2 2.53%

4 5.06%

1 1.27%

12 15.19%

7 8.86%

2 2.53%

3 3.80%

24 30.38%

8 10.13%

0 0%

1 1.27%

1 1.27%

14 17.72%

0 0%

7 8.86%

7 8.86%

0 0%

10 12.66%

0 0%

0 0%

6 7.59%

1 1.27%

0 0%

3 3.80%

3 3.80%

2 2.53%

0 0%

0 0%

5 6.33%

4 5.06%

0 0%

0 0%

1 1.27%

36 45.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

VOTE AGAIN!

Choose your CHOWracter!
    Like CHOW? Support This Site. Buy your T-Shirt

]--------------------------

]Modern Day Red Riding Hood

This should be enough.

Topic elements:

1. modern day
    2. red hood!
    3. sexy!

Now concept!!

Make sure your picture contains these - you will receive 3 VOTES for each topic covered.

DON'T FORGET YOUR PRIZE! THE WINNER OF THIS ROUND WILL SELECT THE TOPIC OF THE NEXT ONE!

And will assist me in selecting the entries for the poll. In one week we'll have a new client.Vote him now

POLL RULES
    (for the new people)
    NOT ALL ENTRIES ARE TAKEN TO THE POLL.
    (the selection is based on technical quality criteria)
    ENTRIES NOT POLLED WILL RECEIVE C&C
    (i really try to do this every time)
    IT IS A DIFFICULT PROCESS - MISTAKES CAN BE MADE
    I am trying to set this as a professional demand. I act as the client...
    Oblio is always looking for feedback - If Oblio is wrong - tell him so.
    DON'T VOTE FOR YOURSELF

ROUND COMMENTS:

in few hours i leave to SF. i;ll try to set things up for the next topic. here is what your host has to say - i'd say - excellent round, great selection bumskee - respekt!

Quote Originally Posted by bumskee
    Hey!

ok.. I've made a list of recommendations based on what I thought was good for this round.

One thing, I noticed lots of Non modern entries.. too many leaning towards fantasy or futuristic. And not attempting to make the character hot/sexy/cute/lala. And lots of entries not finished or without a lot of effort into them.. sadly, I've been quite blunt with this list.. sorry..

didn't make to poll list
    hurricane - not finished!
    pale rider - not finished
    filip - kinda like this, but you didn't finish it.....
    gtgauvin - I think this has bad lighting.. would be nice if he could work on the colours.. also anatomy too..
    blu-girl - not finished!
    Y.V. - not finished
    monstertree - not finished
    vigostar - not finished tho would have loved to have seen it done..
    madhatter106 - not sure if that's sexy..and don't think it's quite modern too..
    Greenjack - not finished
    amer-nazri - not finished
    nuru - bad anatomy and face
    novenus - not finished
    JAG. - not finished
    Drazen10 - not finished
    PeSTeN - not finished
    Antne - not modern...
    TheFrust - not finished
    Oblio - sorry dude! not finished!
    Barts - not finished
    Danjaw - not finished
    grae - not finished
    sho-nuff - not finished
    Gidz - not finished
    Manuel_Calavera - headshot?
    poshspice - not finished
    BEAR JR - not sure if she's "sexy" or if that's a hood..
    idoru - can't say she's modern looks unfinished
    Uglyographer- not finshed

OK from me list
    masque - a little sketchy maybe?
    naomiful
    Graphuji
    Vorace
    Teigrob
    Fooxoo
    vahn
    c@c
    bluki
    nilaffle
    Oregano
    Scotwith1T
    Adi
    Tom Garden - her torso is too long...
    Manuel_Calavera
    tommoy
    FridayEve
    edujante
    bluefooted
    peter_john
    Penumbra - don't quite see the hood..
    Drawnblud
    entdroid
    theWEEPER
    Beastmaster Fred - not really modern.. but
    cakeypigdog
    FlipMcgee
    maxetormer - maybe a little too futuristic?
    xgabo
    Adam Deats
    propishus
    foofoo
    -Food]-
    Krunner
    Lukavi
    Poojipoo
    junon - a little sketchy?
    Frostblade
    emily g
    BabylonCargoCult
    Form - I know you can do better, also not enough focus on the chick!
    main loop

NOT sure what's your thought list?
    Woodlandwalker - not sure how modern this is...
    theWEEPER - too manly?
    El_Khan - I think this may not be modern..
    joey-b - too much focus on the wolf and not enough on the character, she looks unfinished.

DON'T FORGET YOUR PRIZE! THE WINNER OF THIS ROUND WILL SELECT THE TOPIC OF THE NEXT ONE!

[COLOR="White"]
    And will assist me in selecting the entries for the poll. In one week we'll have a new client.Vote him now
    [/COLOR

WHAT A ROUND - SPLENDID!!!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Oblio; May 21st, 2007 at 12:15 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Place Holder*

* I wish I had seen CHOW 69 before Wednesday. I'll finish this one if it kills me!!

* Had more time to think about this one, but about the usual amount of time to draw it.

* Doing the colorwork. Prisma colors and some acrylic paint. I can't wait untill I can get Photoshop, takes so long this way...

I'm loving the entries so far!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    looking good prepsage! looks like she's enjoying it

here's a first sketch

gtgauvin is offline 3rd-level Artist with a +1 pencil and a Printer of Scanning
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was looking at my WIP, and found myself quite displeased with the composition ( though I'm sticking with the same basic concept). I think the pose is a little more interesting without obfuscating too many details. Moreover, it's a little more in line with what I've had in mind.

OK; all done. All told, the concept isn't quite hwere I'd like it to be. Don't get me wrong, I'm plenty pleased with it on a technical level, but I don't think I quite conveyed the mood I was going for with the overall character design ( frankly she looks more like a dominatrix than I'd like). That being said, I'm going to go ahead with a full redesign of the character, just as a matter of personal ambition. But for now, here's my entry.

"I always did want to be a hero...and a liar!"

My Sketch Thread

My Stupid Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The first blow from the axe was the woodsman’s…a large gash down the beast’s side and gut. With a yelp and a whirl of fur and fangs it turned about… just then from the gash spilled some of its last undigested meal. A hand could be seen with a ring, grandmother’s ring, something inside Red snapped at that moment. Although she was a small girl, she found a strength inside her she had never felt before…pushing aside the woodsman, taking up his axe for her own she began swinging wildly. The wounded wolf trying to get away as blow after blow landed on its bloodied body. The woodsman trying desperately to calm the girl careened back with a mortal wound to the neck. No more would this girl shy away from terror again… no this was the turning point… from now on the wolves of the world (those with and without fur) would have to fear her… yes no longer would she live in fear… the beast lie dead at her feet but something of the beast was now inside her. A gurgling woodsman lay in the corner…soaked in blood, his axe was now hers and she would take it up time and again.
    Killing was a justified end to a means… and she meant to do some killing!

Drawing is the honesty of the art. There is no possiblity of cheating. it is either good or bad. ~ Dali

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    stage two and final (unless i tweak it again), trying to sculpt the volumes out of the dark with as few strokes as possible:

Red knows how to get the wolves howlin', oh yeah, she fills the house. We water the well, hell, we could piss in it and they'd never notice while she's on. She banks large, I tell ya, that basket of goodies is always topped. But she's a sweet kid, never runs with the wolves after hours, never takes the job home. To her Grandma. Really, her Grandma for gawdsake!

Continuity Break -- my sketchbook

Shameless plugs!
    Kata femme -- a 3D model WIP, now updated!
    The Giordano Gambit -- Barsoomian Zingball at its best!
    Valkyrie Ascending -- now updated with the second in a series!
    ArmaRagnaGeddonRock-yer-Yuga! -- celeztial shitz 'n' gigglez
    I . Miss . America -- "colored [eyes] may hypnotize..."

"In the end, Razputin, aren't we all just dogs playing poker?"
    -- Edgar Teglee

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This sounds fun, I'm gonna' try too !

Pencils ~

Final colors ~

Done !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

SKETCHBOOK!
    IF THIS POST DOES NOT CONTAIN SKETCHES OR PAINTINGS - REPRIMAND ME!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool subject!!
    my WIP
    there's some anatomy issues I need to fix
    UPDATE
    Changed a lot of things, worked more on the top half of the image, added the wolf
    Wow there is some wonderful entries!
    Another WIP...
    CHOW #70 - RE - VOTING - Guest Host: bumskee Topic:Modern Day Red Riding Hood<
    OK, my final, Would like to work more (especially on the wolf) on it but I don't have enough time argh...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    All right, I'm in. *place holder*

**Update**

"Little" Red Riding Hood isn't so little anymore...pictured on a recent wolf hunt in Alberta, Canada, the new spokeswoman for the NRA stomped all over her Pro-Gun Control opponent on Hannity & Colmes last Sunday: "I wear this red hood to remind me of the awful day I discovered my grandmother slain by a wolf...if my grandmother had had a gun, she would still be here today! Every citizen needs to exercise their right to bear arms to protect themselves from wildlife predators...and human predators as well! Do you think we'd have so many rapes in this country if every rape victim had pointed a snub-nosed .38 cal in their attackers face? I don't think so!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My update, wonder when we have to hand these in

Good job everyone!

Last edited by Oblio; May 7th, 2007 at 06:07 PM.
    SKETCHBOOK

Sinister Six Sketch Group
    Since 2003, sorta.
    Cookiedough Fooxoo Hyver Wolfje character

Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 468 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    good entries so far!!

here's my take...still wip with a few issues hehe

-----------------------------------------------------------
    BJÖRN HURRI | CONCEPT ARTIST & ILLUSTRATOR

MY PORTFOLIO | HURRICANES DAILY DOODLES '12
    MY EXCLUSIVE SKETCHBOOK
    VIKING: BATTLE FOR ASGARD
    TWITTER
    THE OTHER BROTHERS

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very cool sketches so far pld:

heres a first wip:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This sounds like a fun topic for my first CHOW! Count me in!

Ok, here's a WIP. Not nearly as creative as some others that have been posted (and eerily similar to some others), but I like her, so that's cool

edit: looks like I'm not gonna have time to finish her. maybe next round though

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's my first chow attempt

final

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hello everyone... this is my 2nd attempt to participate CHOW (the 1st one i even didn't finished it ) so this is my perception about modern day red riding hood:

after the incident with the wolf and granny, Red riding hood realizes that luck won't come twice, hunters won't there every time she needed help in danger, she knows that she have to be able to protect herself, so she learn many kinds of martial arts, and seeks the path of power, so she can protect herself anytime, and even maybe protect other people.

and this is my final piece:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oi, guess I'm gonna throw in now. Hah my first CHOW... my first "...of the Week" actually.

[EDIT] Final.

What's a young college student with a hefty tuition to do? Why, pick up a night job, of course. Clad in her signature red hoodie, she hits the streets once a month as a freelance werewolf hunter. Sure, the mortality rate for her line of work is pretty high, but so's the payscale. A good thing too, because genuine silver bullets are a necessary business expense.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really diggin' Hurricane's. Nice work all.

{edit}

Okay. Final.

No.

Really.

Character of the Week :: A weekly character exploration activity.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Red Riding Hood ran too the city. There she became addicted to her own wolves, herion and sex, turning tricks for johns that treat her little more then a piece of meat. She wonders if this life in the modern world is worth it after a few bills are thrown her way and before the drugs enter her blood. She wonders about ending it, but these wolves are of her own making and the darkness is not the hunter that will save her.

A little rushed at the end, the back ground, and I wanted to make the road way filled with her own wanted addictions, just didn't have the time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello's everyone, i wanted to participate in the previous CHOW but i found it out the night before the due line, anyways here is my try at this

WIP

eeee, i dunno if i can finish this =(

We of Bounty Magazine our proud to have the honor of interviewing a legend in our world, after fated run with Michael "Big Bad Wolf" Dehayes. Red was forever altered into who she became and her life's work. Here she is posted with Dehayes most prized possession, a wolf skin he often disguised while out assaulting the unsuspecting public.

Red riding Death we salute you as our huntress of the month

Art is expression; so stop being emo!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    heya all

Lots of entries this week and some really awesome looking images!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi all,

Final
    Modern Day Red Riding Hood
    After the incident years ago involving the wolf and her grandma, red owes her life to one man, the hunter. He saved them both from death. Time has passed since then, and sadly her grandma has died, and following that the hunter became ill and also has passed away. But red decided to continue his legacy of protecting the local villages from the wolves in the forest. She hunts them down!!!

Not happiest with this really, BUT my skills are improving slightly over the past 4 chows i've done, so its really worth doing!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    EDIT: As finished as I can get it, mine eyes can't judge how it looks anymore (sorry min ).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'll try and get in on this one, maybe I can make up for my dire entry for the last CHow. Loads of great looking entries so far, I'm especially fond of the pieces by Hurricane and Meatsworthy

Here's a wip. Having some problems with this but maybe some crits can sort me out? I was going to have Red swimming in the lake sorta splashing about, seems like everyone has gone for the wolf killer angle so I decided on her finally feeling safe in the woods...i dunno. My first problem is that the character would probably be too small to count as a character design as opposed to a scene.
    Secondly I'm not loving the colours. I'm thinking of adding more darks to up the contrast? It just isn't feeling rich enough.I could do with a second opinion though.
    Anyway, i'll stop going on and show the damn image already.

Wip 2
    Progress is slooooowwww

I dont have the time or desire to finish this for tomorrow, i'm not really feeling it and it's too late to start a new one so i guess I'm out

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ive been pretty dormant around here lately.. but, Im going to make my return with this entry... Heres my place holder for now... Oh, crap.. the image upload feature isnt working?CHOW #70 - RE - VOTING - Guest Host: bumskee Topic:Modern Day Red Riding Hood

Taken with my cell camera... Still gotta work out some issues but this is the idea..

Bumskee-- bumskee--- Yeah, buddy.. Ive been on a huge artistic hump but, it seems like the motors are starting to turn again.... Im going to give this round my best go in a long time.. Eventhough women by far are not my speciality!

Bluefooted-- you know I didnt notice the small head and legs until I saw it on the computer.. I figure I have one more sketch after this update I'll draw it one more time today before I leave work and hopefully bang it out tomorrow during the day...!

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Manuel_Calavera is offline And my ashes find a way beyond the fog And return to save the child that I forgot
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Who said wolf ate grandma ?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Manuel_Calavera For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Once upon a time the wulf ate here, remember.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm in.

Final. A bit limited for time, but wanted to try to keep it a bit looser than some of my prevous entries in any case. Hope it's up to standard. Gotta dash, away for the weekend, hope to get some comments up on Monday.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Can't look at this anymore, and don't have time to take it further...

Priestess of the Church Satanus Canis Lupus. Faithful servant and handmaiden to the High Priest; her chastity belt remains locked for the Master's second coming on earth.

www.costumesketch.com
    I looked at yours, now you look at mine...sketchbook here

"The doctor said I wouldn't have so many nosebleeds if I kept my finger outta there." - Ralph Wiggum

"Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

"Ordinary morality is only for ordinary people." - Aleister Crowley

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

wow ..some really great stuff this week.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3