Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: AphexTweak's Sketchbook - Now with updates more often ;)

Thanks

AphexTweak's Sketchbook - Now with updates more often ;)

Hello,

I've been meaning to start one of these sketchbooks for a while now... but for whatever reason I kept avoiding it due to life, procrastination and probably a little fear of really watching and tracking my improvement. My hope for this sketchbook is to give me a place where I can work and share with other artists. I would like to regain my creative spirit and a sense of artistic community in my life, that a corporate job has all but destroyed. I plan on posting anything and everything... whatever keeps me creating... and hopefully I'll be able to update this at least once a week if not more...

So thank you in advance to those of you who pop your head in here... take a look around, and feel to share your questions, comments and opinions (I will try and respond to them... but I make no guarantees)

Attachment 258195
    Last edited by AphexTweak; May 31st, 2009 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Updated sketchbook thumbnail image
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Congrats on starting an online sketchbook. There are many professional artist here so your in the right place when it comes to see critiques of your work. Your studies seem to be solid. But naturally I liked the ones you created mostly because the have some life to them not all but some.
    TheRoad

Transition from Art Critic to Artiste - Diligence, that's all I need.

Thanks

It's been WAY to long

these used to be in my first post... now they're here...
    Attachment 291603

Attachment 291604

Attachment 291605

Attachment 291606

Attachment 291607

Attachment 291608

Attachment 291609

Attachment 291610

Attachment 291611

Attachment 291612

Attachment 291613

Attachment 291614

Attachment 291615

Attachment 291616

Attachment 291617

Attachment 291618

Attachment 291619

So much for updating this often... I've been drawing at least, just not updating. And I'm not up for scanning in a ton of sketchbook pages at the moment. Anyway, here is a page of hand studies that I did today. Hogarth as ref and done in PS.

Attachment 216381
    Last edited by AphexTweak; January 30th, 2008 at 01:16 PM. Reason: moved image from first post here to I could more easily update the SB thumbnail

Thanks
    Did a few figure studies tonight. Not currently in any figure drawing classes so used some Loomis drawings as reference. One of these days I'll have enough free time to attend a figure drawing class...

Thanks
    I'm back... another evening of studies... this time some Hogarth torso's from Dynamic Figure Drawing... He really accentuates all the muscles in that book. Tried adding some shading to match what his drawings looked like on some... eh, seem somewhat successful. Didn't replicate the graininess of the original drawing very well since its digital (still just trying to get used to drawing on a tablet, while looking up at a screen), but I hope I at least got somewhat close to some of the shading values. Until next time...

Thanks

More studies

More Hogarth stuff... doing better at drawing everyday and posting... getting more used to drawing on my tablet too... need to do some feet studies...

Thanks

More stuff

A quick still life of my car keys... I can not paint... can you tell... something else to work on... and some Hogarth head studies. I used one of the default chalk brushes in Photoshop. I liked how it gave me some nice texture in my strokes and shading... i may use it more in the future... we'll see. Was tired of working on a white background too.

Thanks
    So today I was browsing through mentler's "The Book of Bones" in the fine arts and discoveries section and one section near the end says "if any advice is worth giving it would be to try and draw a couple of hands everyday"... so on that note, thank you mentler, today i drew a couple of hands, and I hope you don't mind (if you ever visit here) that I used some of your hand drawings as reference. And I must say, the really sketchy form and structure was a fun challenge. Anyway here there are:

Thanks

Life drawing... well kinda

So today I stumbled upon a site called www.posemaniacs.com/blog, it originally in Japanese, but Google's translator does a decent job of making it in English... doesn't really matter what language its in because the cool part of the site is its random generated poses using a 3d musculature textured model. You can do quick poses from 15 - 90 seconds or pick a pose etc. Really great site if you haven't seen it before. So since I have really done any true figure drawing, and this came pretty close to it, I decided to do a few rounds of 30 and 60 second poses. I condensed them into respective PS files... enjoy...

Thanks
    Finished moving this past weekend hence the lack of updating and drawing... don't have internet at home yet... so I did these at work during my lunch break.
    Wasn't really feeling it during the quick gesture drawings... at least not until near then end... but it obviously helped during the longer drawing...

60-90 second poses first
    30 minute pose next.
    Used Pose Maniacs for reference.

Thanks
    Total Randomness... was tired of doing studies... so I just started scribbling on the page and came up with this stuff... played around a little with some color and brushes, but nothing fancy... about 45 minutes of sketching.

Thanks
    The hand studies are really coming out well. Just glancing through them, you look to be getting more comfortable with them. I think the full body figures could use some more focus. The proportions seem good but they seem stiff in their movements.
    -Karen

Thanks
    Nice hands indeed and also those quick poses are looking good.
    Visit My Sketchb00k and drop a comment.
    www.timokarhula.com

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast