Thread: Muddy Waters

Thanks

Muddy Waters

christ almighty, i can't stop listening to his stuff!
    i knew of him before, but i recently decided to import the album the muddy waters story which is my mums, although she didn't listen to it because the recordings were old and scratchy (they were mainly his old, plantation recordings). i enjoyed the content, despite the quality and decided to get his album hard again, which pretty much still has me reeling.

anyone else a fan? incredible!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    wow this is funny i JUST started listening to him. I only found out about him because of a live recording he did with The Band, where they played together a version of Mammish Boy. So I got some of his stuff and I'm totally digging it.

Thanks
    Muddy Waters is awesome, nice to see other people mentioning him. There are so many other awesome blues men with alot of influence who seem to be totally forgotten.. Lately I've been listening mostly to more recent blues players like (probably my 2 favorite guitarists) BB King and Jimi Hendrix, damn I love that stuff! Made me pick up guitar as well
    Woke up this morning, found out my signature was gone..

Thanks
    Muddy Waters....a legend. I remember the first time I heard him. It was the Muddy Waters Live album. He was in his late 60's when he sang on it but damn! Did he still have it. Singing about 19 year old girls. Saying he'll kill anyone one if he wanted. The guy was actually the Hoochie Coochie Man. haha. Yeah he said crazy stuff but it was the way he did it. His delivery and charisma was on point. For me, he has to be the greatest blues singer ever. I've never given that cd back to my dad yet either, heh heh.

Have you guys listened to the other Chess records guys? Check out Howlin' Wolf. That guy is sick too. Of course Robert Johnson is the be all end all of blues anyway. The devil really is in his songs...that dude was crazy!

Thanks
    thanks for the heads up on howlin' wolf, i saw recommendations for him on last fm, but didnt get around to listening. he's got very nice stuff...but i'm afraid muddy's voice has entranced me to the point of no return! i'll keep a healthy balance, i don't want to burn it out like any other album i fall in love with...thanks again!

ps. great taste, i remembered you posting about the black keys! awesome

Thanks
    Hey you guys should really check this dvd out: Crossroads Guitar Festival

It's full of great guitar players and awesome blues, definately one of my best music dvd's!
    Woke up this morning, found out my signature was gone..

Thanks
    Coen : Yeah, I listen to Hendrix too I can pin down the exact song of his that made me start playing the guitar.. "Hey joe". And blues had a big part in it too.. Robert johnson.. Led belly.. Howling wolf.. Eric clapton (The only white man that has business playing the blues) and more.. So many good musicians.. so little time.

Thanks
    I only heard of Muddy Waters in class, though I think my Dad was probably listening to some of his music. He IS awesome, and I'm glad I found out about him some other blues artists. The music can sure hit me at the right time!

Thanks
    I like it too, very very very cool music!

Sketchbook:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=80575

Thanks
    the wolf is fantastic too, sometimes better! sometimes
    i love that blues has traditional tunes that different artists play in their own way, it's fantastic, like an inside joke but for music.