Rough/jaggedy/scribbly look

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Rough/jaggedy/scribbly look

Hello all . I'm entirely new here, name's astriir . I love art and computers, when i found out i could have a mix of the two i went right at it. Started around 11, and have been doing it for 3 years. So i suppose I'm relatively young compared to y'all . Hope to be at least a weekly contributer to these forums and want to get along with all of you as well.

Now, enough about me and onto my work. Just got a tablet a week ago, getting used to the pen pressure settings and such. I've made a lot of progress upon first receiving my tablet, but my work has a scribbly, rough look to it.I have looked at the sticky above about color blending, it has helped but it still looks somewhat rough. Maybe I'm just tired and the tips aren't getting through, since school work is going into over flow mode, who knows eh? I'll upload some of my work later, when I'm not passed out on the desk, appreciate your help and look forward to some good times .

-Astriir

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    scribbly and rough can work too! obviously if you dont want it that way then just keep blending them colors together but i see alot of amaaazing sketches and speedpaintings that are absolutely messy but look fucking great. ANYways, im new here too so hopefully we can help eachother out.
    from the scribblings ive done ive found that another thing to watch out for is making it TOO smooth, then things just lose definition and come out looking real weird. definitely go through the "Painting in Photoshop" thread cuz it contains reams of good tips and tricks.

Thanks
    another fourteen year old on here too? cool!

I just got my tablet this year, and to avoid scribblyness, try going more slowly, and use a softer brush. that's helped me. And the smudge tool is my best friend at times like this

Thanks
    eee try to stay away from the smudge tool and soft brushes... theyre more like a crutch, especially when youre starting out. of course they have their uses and everything, but try to get good at getting smooth blends and stuff with a hard brush (just keep going over it and the eyedropper tool is your best friend). that way youll get those sharp crisp edges and smooth blends i guess.

Thanks
    Sometimes practice is just needed. I'm sure some of the more advanced artists have spent years honing their skills to get something even close to where they are at now, with smooth, clear-cut images. So the keywords are practice makes perfect

I suppose it also depends on just how your cging: Several layers, or one giant layer? Are you using lineart? Has the lineart been inked? Is the linart skectchy? Etc. etc.~

Try always to [ i m p r o v e. ]

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.