Wii, worth buying?

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Wii, worth buying?

I've been struggling for the past month on whether to but the Wii or not. Let me know what you guys think so far, thanks!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    the Wii looks pretty cool, but I'm on the fence about it myself. I bought one for my brother and his kids, and they seem to play it often but only have the Wii Sports.

The Resident Evil 4 remake, and Resident Evil 1st person shooter looks really, really awesome though. But do I really want to drop around $400 for all that? Not sure....

Thanks
    it's fun, especially if you have kids or friends who like to drink. worth it for me and mine.

Thanks
    I like to drink... and that's kind of what I was thinking. It'd be fun when I have a group of friends over. But that means buying 4 of those expensive controllers.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    buy the bundles wii+wii sports and wii play+second controller (maybe additional nunchuck for boxing). take turns,hold contests. it's simply great.
    (plus the everlasting fun of the wii fitness test -according to that i'm 40)

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    The great thing about them is how anyone can play.

You're with friends who are'nt big gamers, or with your girlfriend or something, and most games you can just pick up and play, without learning hundreds of button combos and things. It's a great way to kill time, for sure.

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    YES YES YES

Wii Sports is great.
    Wii Play is awesome as well plus you get the extra controller. There is plenty of fun to be had with either one or two controllers.
    If you have lots of friends buy WarioWare (in which you can play with up to 12 people with ONE wiimote)
    Ledgend of Zelda Twilight Princess is WELL worth buying kept my short attention span attentive for well over 50 hours.
    Not to mention the virtual console games (all the old console games) and gamecube games that can be played on it.

If you want fun get a Wii
    If you want pretty graphics get a Ps3

Thanks
    Thanks guys, this is making me a lot closer to buying one. My girlfriend just moved in and that's part of the reason I'm thinking the Wii is the way to go.

Thanks
    I love my Wii!
    There aren't really any that good FPS-games yet (CoD3 is ok, but not great), but Metroid Prime 3 should come out soon. I'd say the best games I own for my Wii are SSX Blur, Call of Duty 3, Kororinpa and definetely Zelda: Twilight Princess (Zelda by it self is a reason to buy a Wii, yes, you can buy it for GC, but the control scheme, especially in boss battles, adds so much adrealine into the game its frightening ).

EDIT: Oh, and about the controllers, make your friends bring their own, thats what I do

Thanks
    i've been thinking about getting one, but i heard in m area it's still in short supply. but yeah sooner or later i'll be glad to get one. i just hope it doesn't go the same path as gamecube...

Thanks
    Regniruth - that's what I'm scared of too. I'm probably going to grab one in about a month or so.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by REGNIRUTH View Post
    i've been thinking about getting one, but i heard in m area it's still in short supply. but yeah sooner or later i'll be glad to get one. i just hope it doesn't go the same path as gamecube...
    whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa....... whoa....

The GC kicked ass man. Resident Evil 0, Resident Evl 1:RE, Resident Evil 4, Mario Strikers, Mario Kart Double Dash!!, Wario Ware, Zelda the Wind Waker, Zelda Twighlight Princess, Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2! The list goes on...

These were some of the HIGHlights of the 7the generation of game consoles, and they're all (except RE4) GameCube exclusives. Plus, you can also play these gaming greats on your Wii, as well!

I don't feel that the PS2 matched in terms of quality of great games. PS2 had a much larger library... of mostly 'okay' games. The best PS2 game IMO was "Bully," by Rockstar, and "Marvel vs. Capcom 2."

I'm still kinda on the fence about the Wii. I'll probably pick one up closer to the end of the year when Metroid is out and more familiar titles on the VC are available (ahem... Secret of Mana).

Thanks
    Well I picked up my Wii on Saturday! I'm loving it so far. Rayman Rabid Rabbits is awesome. I'm a bit blah about Wii Play but hey... it was pretty much free with the controler. I can't wait to see what the game companies are going to do with this system!

Thanks
    I'm going to say no... not right now anyhow. I'll probably wait until a larger quality library is there to make a move. By then things will have simmered down as well. And the Wii doesn't look too had on and HD plasma IMO... which is what I play on and why I sold my PS2. I can't play games with major eye strain going on. Heh.

But yea, you don't really have enough Nintendo titles to really warrant the purchase yet (really the reasons anyone buys a Nintendo product.. Zelda, Mario, etc.), unless you're a Nintendo nut. I have two friends with whom I play Wii and I'm also getting kind of tired of the controllers... the gimick is sort of losing it's magic with me. Not trying to knock on the Wii... I'm sure I'll get one eventually since they're so cheap. A PS3 however... forget about it...

Thanks
    I love my wii. I have no complaints. It is just a really easy system to use. Even my Grandma has played (of course it was the golf game). But i recomend it to anyone.

Thanks
    Rayman Raving Rabbids is such a fun ass game! Luv the bunnies! I'm going to pick up Paper Mario and SSX Blur this weekend, I think. I'm looking forward to Mario Party.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by artyjames View Post
    I love my wii. I have no complaints. It is just a really easy system to use. Even my Grandma has played (of course it was the golf game). But i recomend it to anyone.
    Hey if you wanna play the same games your Grandma plays then so be it. I choose to play games that would offend my Grandma instead. lol Sorry, sorry. Heh. I know there are some really quality titles that will come to the Wii but in my opinion it's a companion system. I'd only buy it for the actual Nintendo titles. It's like the Playskool version of the 360 or something. Ok... I'm going to get beat up in here. Please don't break my hands...

Thanks
    I totally get what you're saying Zebz. That was a huge part of me having a hard time deciding if I wanted a wii or not. I'm super happy with my decision. It's super refreshing to be playing something new with different types of games than I'm used to(used to play Playstation 2). I don't have tons of friends that are into the 'normal' video game but with the wii they can come over and pick up the controller and have fun right away without spending three days learning how to play the game. The Xbox 360 has a pretty awesome lineup of games so far and it was my close second choice. Hopefully Wii gets a good library and I'm stoked to grab a few of the Gamecube games that I missed out on.

Thanks
    The 360 is getting a pretty beefy lineup this year and tho it's still shooter heavy they have some other great looking games coming out too. But yea, you can't beat Nintendo for those classics like Zelda and Mario. I wish Nintendo would make a next gen system (HD graphics) and recreate some of their old library with kickin' graphics. Then I'd be really stoked. Until then... I'll play my friend's Wii and when my elbows get achy I'll go home and lazy it up with Gears of War or something. lol

Oh and btw, I was a PS2 guy too. But Sony has really shot themselves in the foot as far as I'm concerned.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.