The first of many
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: The first of many

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The first of many

Hello everyone! Ive been reading and looking on this site for a long while now and have not had a way of posting my pictures, untill now.
    This is my first digital drawing as well as the first one i've ever made using a tablet.
    What Im having most troubble with is the cave walls. I don't know what to do with them.

I could also use some on suggestions how to make it darker without making it too dark. Im using Photoshop CS2 btw.
    Any suggestions to what to do next would be great, I feel somewhat stuck at the moment.
    Thank you.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Mishra is offline Professional Graphic Designer Level 4 Gladiator: Meridiani
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Welcome to CA first off, and now we can get down to business! I like the concept of a robot needing a lantern to explore a cave. But there are a few things that are throwing the piece off. So let's get started shall we.

1. Your perspective is off so you may wanna check that, The opening behind the character is to high and makes it look like the flat area the robot is on is a wall.

2. Lighting: seems to me that there should be two light sources one being the natural light from behind the character and the second one a more subtle and soft glow from the lantern. And both light sources would be bouncing off of the rocks, walls, and the character. Make Sense?

3. For the rocks and walls of the cave I think you can use textured brushes to accomplish this. Or create a brush that will do the same thing.

Other than that I think your off to a great start! Good luck with your painting and keep posting, with practice you will only get better!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Forgive me I did this a bit fast but here is what I was describing. Even my cave openning maybe to high aswell I don't know but it was quick to help you out.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you Mishra. Great suggestions, il get on it right away.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.