Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fallout 3

Thanks

Fallout 3

Just to let you know that the official front page to the Fallout 3 forums, (and soon to be website), is now sporting a beautiful example of concept art and some music from the game. Check it out peeps.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Ooooooooooh wow, this looks promising. The music sounds great too (I have the soundtracks for Fallout 1 and 2 already, awesome stuff).
    Finn | my sketchbook thread | tumblr | Bēhance | gorillaartfare | whiskey, gin, and pints of beer

Thanks
    Looks promising. the music is a little more orchestral than Fallout 1 and 2. It started out very much like fallout, but then got a bit brassy. I'm not too taken with it yet.

Thanks
    I agree about the music. I like the track, though I'm not sure it fits the mood and atmosphere established in the previous titles in the series. Wait and see I guess, who knows what Bethsoft has in store for us. I can only hope they are faithful to the series and don't turn this thing into a FPS like Oblivion was.

Also... it looks like Craig Mullins is the creator of the fine piece of concept art gracing the home page. Apparently, the will site be updated weekly with new teaser content, so hopefully we'll get to see more art by Mr.Mullins.
    Last edited by romance; May 3rd, 2007 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Added the word "will".

Thanks
    I'm finally playing through Fallout 2 for the first time and loving it. Can't wait to see what Bethesda does with the series. They're one of maybe two developers I'd trust to do Fallout justice, alongside Bioware.

Eric
    www.WhereIsMyEyeball.com My portfolio! Go check it out!
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    WoooohoooOO! I'm going to go play Fallout 2 rightnow, and also Anachronox. They were always a good combination.

Anyone want to start an online fallout for the pen an paper game?...Please?

Also another good substitute until 3 comes out is S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Great game.

Must... not... get... hyped.
    Last edited by Costau D; May 4th, 2007 at 02:22 AM.
    ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER
    "Amateurs look for inspiration; the rest of us just get up and go to work. " -Chuck Close

DRUNKEN WASTREL SKETCH GROUP:
    [ Costau D ][ Cuervo ][ Braintree ][ Fumble ][ Ookchk ][ RoboMonkey ]

Thanks
    I hope Bethesda doesn't screw this up or make gamers pay $10 for "additional" content. My worst fear is that they'll oblivionize Fallout into their doings. Bethesda is here to make lots of money, and the addressed gaming population will probably be targeted to huge, instead of the real fallout fans. This can mean lots of things, few any good.

Only time will tell.

Thanks
    I read sumpthin about MB doing some concept art for this... yay!

Thanks
    http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/18/scr0l0l0lia4.png

What do you think fallout 3 will turn out like if it went FUBAR? Join in the fun...http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/in...owtopic=688801

Oh btw is Puddnhead contributing again to the artwork???

Edit: nevermind I thought he did some concepts for a part of the fallout series. He doesnt list it on his projects page. He did work for Black Isle though, so i just assumed he did it for fallout.
    Last edited by Costau D; May 4th, 2007 at 05:40 PM.
    ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER
    "Amateurs look for inspiration; the rest of us just get up and go to work. " -Chuck Close

Thanks
    Lol that thread is great! Heres one pic:

Fallout 3

Thanks
    Bethesda justifying their needs for a broader audience for the gamers:

Fallout 3

Thanks
    Haha, some more.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f8...powerarmor.jpg
    http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/2672/welcome3gd4.jpg
    http://i18.tinypic.com/4u92tk4.jpg

Edit: changed to links, don't want to send out any unecessary vibes for a game that hasnt even been previewed yet
    Last edited by Costau D; May 4th, 2007 at 05:39 PM.
    ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER

Thanks
    Pretty fun!

Thanks
    One of the Fallout fan sites got there hands on the Van Buren tech demo 2 days ago.
    Van Buren was the Fallout 3 Interplay was developing
    Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

-Terry Pratchett

Thanks
    You can download the tech demo from No Mutants Allowed and its also posted legitimately on Demonoid (HERE) if your interested in seeing what actually got canned. The demo apparently in only in real-time, as the devs didn't get a chance to implement the turn-based gameplay (or the violent death scenes) before the project got smooshed. I've downloaded it, but have yet to test it, so I can't actually confirm how it runs and what was included.

As amusing as the "Oblivion with Guns" jokes are/were... can we keep this thread free of that clutter? There are plenty of other forums who have involuntarily made themselves the homes of those jokes, rumors and speculations. Lets try to keep this thread free of that crap. As a HUGE Fallout fan, I understand the dilemma with Bethesda in the drivers seat of the project, but there is honestly no need to drag that dead horse to CA and beat it some more. Just a request.

Thanks
    Sure no problem I understand. I'll take off the IMG tags. i can see that some people in those forums take their assumptions to heart. I just found them funny.
    ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER

Thanks
    Lugh, leave them up if you want, there is no doubt they are funny. The only reason the I made the request was to lessen the likelihood of seeing this thread drown in same problems that are plaguing all the other forums and threads dedicated to the topic of this game. I would hate to see this thread become a heated debate over speculation, and/or a dev bashing opportunity when there is not enough released information about the game to fuel those sort of fires.

Thanks
    Beth just updated the F3 site
    Apparently the game will a take place on the East coast

Also Liam Neeson will be lending his voice to one of the characters
    Link
    Last edited by Muircheartach; May 8th, 2007 at 12:49 PM. Reason: adding some addcional lines
    Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

-Terry Pratchett

Thanks
    Liam Neeson? Crazy Thanks for the link.

Though, as nice as it is to use well known actors and actress', I think the project budget would be better well spent on content creation instead. Does it really take a multi-million dollar actor to do a better voice recording then a "pretty good" actor that would cost a fraction of what Neeson would cost."?

I hope the use of Neeson's voice and any other spoken dialog is reserved primarily for pushing the story along with major NPC's and isn't used for the games entire dialog library. If they try to attempt what they did with Oblivion, (with voice for every character in the game), they will have to greatly reduce the unique dialog content for the NPC's, (which, as you know, played a HUGE role in the previous Fallout games), that is, if Bethsoft decides to make this game similar to its predecessors. I guess we'll have to wait a bit to find out what their intentions are. I'll keep my fingers, (and toes), crossed and hope they decide to include a verbose interactive dialog system.

Here is the first concept art teaser for the game created by Mr. Mullins and the second teaser by artist unknown. Hopefully, and probably, these are accurate indications of what location the game will be set in.

Attachment 135692

Attachment 135693
    Last edited by romance; June 28th, 2010 at 03:02 PM.

Thanks
    Another lovely concept teaser by Artist Unknown... could be Mullins. I'll assume that it is, as the style of the previous concepts is quite similar to the first. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Attachment 138963

EDIT: I had initially stated that cannibalcandy had created some of these concepts, when in fact, he didn't (as far as I know). Somehow, when I was saving the images on my desktop, I managed to rename the files to "filename_by_Ariokh", (which is cannibalcandy's nick on DA). Having my desktop as my current favorite art dumping zone was bound to cause something like this to happen; I apologize for any inconvenience and to the artists.

Thanks
    That latest image is so sweet.

One thing's for sure, the environments are going to be awesome. That's something Bethesda is really good at. It'll be cool seeing the Fallout world with some height. The original games were very (necessarily) flat.

Eric
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Thanks romance,i was wondering who might be the artists behind these.
    But are you sure the first one is by mr.Mullins?I'm asking because the image doesn't remind me of his style much.(imo the second and third one i think are more Mullins-like).

Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 389 Posts
    I thought I saw some Manley strokes on the first one (soft mixed with sharp).

I wonder if Fallout will survive the metamorpis into 'next-gen'.
    Jamen jag tror att han skäms, och har gömt sig. Vårt universum det är en av dom otaliga spermasatser som Herren i sin självhärliga ensamhet har runkat fram för å besudla intet.

Thanks
    Polonoid:

Quote Originally Posted by www.bethsoft.com
    On the site you’ll find concept art we created in conjunction with noted concept artist Craig Mullins
    Well, maybe Craig didn't paint every stroke,...

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus|ANJ
    I wonder if Fallout will survive the metamorpis into 'next-gen'.
    I hope so. It will interesting to see what Bethesda has in store for us, regardless whether its good or bad. Though, the former would definitely be preferred.

Thanks
    I think it can turn out alright. Though, I could be wrong, of course.
    I've played Fallout 1 & 2, and they're both some of my favorite games.
    Looking forward to this, whatever it turns out like.

Thanks

Holy Crap!

Honestly, I don't think it gets much better than this when trying to conceptualize the Fallout Universe. Spot on.

Attachment 142306

Thanks
    Whoa, that's quite awesome!
    I get a true post-apocalyptic feeling from that one.

Thanks
    Wow, ok - now I'm excited
    Sketchbook
    Sketch(up)book
    Blog
    Twitter
    ------------------------------------------------------
    TEAM CHOW - Nasty Sausages
    ------------------------------------------------------
    CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:
    The Ocean Collective

Thanks
    Okay, now that is Fallout.

Eric
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    haha, that's awesome, i've always imagined fallout as darker however...even if it isn't possible for the sun to be weaker

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast