the cliff and the end
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: the cliff and the end

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

the cliff and the end

Hi!
    Here's a little something I'm working on. Migth be a bit early for c&c but if you got some I'd love to hear it! Here's the picture I used for reference for the girl: http://www.characterdesigns.com/bandaid/content/photosets/1459/1464/Photoset_022%20_005.jpg
    Cheers!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    mm.. i like what your doing here so far w/ the comp... if i could make a suggestion.. try to work w/ sharper solid brushes and build up your values.. what you have going right now, is making your work look a bit flat and fuzzy.. i see a lot of potential tho.. it's good what you're doing w/ the atmospheric perspective, but it would be better if you used more gray tones here to make the background look like it's fading out... also try to light your subject better.. figure out a creative way to put light on the subject.. get some good contrasts going between the foreground, the subject and the background so that you have a better focal point... dont be afraid to paint outside the lines to start out w/... work loose.. it will make your drawing more interesting.. good start

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dethol: thanx, very good comments! i tried the things you pointed out but its very hard so the result isnt quite perfect. i know about the problem that it looks a bit flat, its because im very new with drawing so i just fill large portions of the image with black to make it look good, but im learning anyway i tried ligthing the girl a bit more, and i repainted the background, though its very hard getting the tones right. i also tried repainting the stones (which look more like glass right now) but i really got nowhere with that
    anyway here we go:

Mishra is offline Professional Graphic Designer Level 4 Gladiator: Meridiani
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Huge difference from the 1st image I love the feel of this image. Although I feel that I would like to see a bit more detail. On the rocks ( Maybe some texture ) and the female figure. Her back looks like you used the burn tool. I think if you build up values and god knows I'm the worst at doing that but I can see from my own CC's that it will help make the figure pop. Good job so far and good luck.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.