Bristol School for Animation Students...??
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Bristol School for Animation Students...??

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Bristol School for Animation Students...??

Hi All,

I'm currently studying my A-Levels:
    -Art
    -Media (double)
    -ICT

And i have really been looking to get into the Bristol School for Animation, in perticular the illustration with animation course. I was wondering whether anyone was doing the course and wondering what they got for their A-Level grades and things that helped them get into the school...??

Any info would be much appreciated...Thanks!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm interested in hearing more about the Bristol School. Do they have a strong drawing and classical animation program? Is tuition affordable, or does your government subsidize you education? How long is the program?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    eh up Novax! i am infact the chairman of the faculty student council for Bristol school of art and design, as part of it's larger attachment to UWE.
    The animation school is currently under a reshuffle based on it's newly started BA course. Previously it had done a split from Illustration in the second year. I wouldn't recommend this too much. I'd say if you want to do animation see about their new BA. Also Kingston would be worth checking out, I was looking at them for illustration a few years back. There are some guys on the boards doing animation in bournemouth, bendragon for one.
    Bristol is an awesome town though to live in, a lot of stuff going on. The animation school also has some ties with aardman, and the faculty itself has a multitude of other industry links. Come down and have a look.
    As with all UK art schools A levels are largely not looked at, just that you did them. The application will be mostly portfolio based. I can't recommend doing a foundation enough, it's the best schooling year i ever had.
    If you've got any questions, feel free to PM/MSN me.
    -B-

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.