Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks

Exclamation DROWN A KITTEN - win a festival award!

I regret having posted the petition here.

Cleared it out.

Please accept my sincerest apologies.
    Last edited by DoubleXdragoN; May 30th, 2010 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Realized how stupid it was in the first place.
    Already In Progress
    Life Drawings
    -
    Sketchbook!

--Homies:
    -Kungfoowiz

Upcoming:
    Days Of Natur Morte

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I'm...speechless really. I'm actually shaking after watching that video. I kept hoping that he would let it up that it was a sick prank.

I hope he gets jailed, then tortured then drowned.
    Sick idiots like this don't deserve the title 'artist' whether or not hte kitten would die or not is irrelevant he should have taken it to a vet to have it put down humanely.

Thanks
    i'm not going to say what I was going to say and I will not quote any southparkepisodes... because that would most likely lead to a flamewar.

I just hope that everyone signing that petition is a vegeterian. because otherwhise this is sooo pointless.

(I'm a vegetarian myself btw...)
    ▄▀▄▀▄▀■ - GORILLA ARTFARE - ■▀▄▀▄▀▄

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafain View Post
    i'm not going to say what I was going to say and I will not quote any southparkepisodes... because that would most likely lead to a flamewar.

I just hope that everyone signing that petition is a vegeterian. because otherwhise this is sooo pointless.

My thoughts exactly...
    I'll shut up before I start another pointless debate or stupid flamewar.
    Brendan Noeth

Thanks
    I'm not a vegetarian and I signed the petition.
    Last edited by Duq; April 28th, 2007 at 08:41 AM.
    "Master storytellers never explain. They do the hard, painfully creative thing-- they dramatize"

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Duq View Post
    I'm not a vegetarian and I signed the petition.
    Same.

Thanks
    Sick Bastard!
    Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form.

Thanks
    He could've just faked strangling a kitty, it wouldn't be very difficult and would've got the same result.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,223 Times in 626 Posts
Was it anyone else then me who just wanted to jump on that guy's head ?

Stuff like this makes me ill.. And uhm the cat was ill right ? that means you people can go a head and drown me now!

oh yeah

"1280 Signatures Total"

Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,581 Times in 1,789 Posts
    I'm number 1279. This bastard will rot in hell...
    No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

Thanks
    ^^ I hope that f**k does rot in hell. How can the jury think that was special effects. Lets say it was special effects the whole idea behind the video is still messed up.

Thanks
    I was avoiding saying it earlier but whatever, the guy should've be put in a jar at birth and labelled a fuckhead. Art is meant to be subjective? all i was subjected to was watching a defenceless kitten being drowned by some creep expressing a statement and justified it as 'artistic freedom'. The kitten should have been euthenaised painlessly rather than drowned if it was on its last legs because of an illness.

Thanks
    Armchair activists kings of irony.

Thanks
    If the cat was ill, isn't that even more reason not to choke and/or drown it? The cat would have died anyway? Well, the director is also going to die someday, so we might aswell choke and drown him right now. *signs petition*

Thanks

I just hope that everyone signing that petition is a vegeterian[sic]. because otherwhise[sic] this is sooo pointless.
    There is something of a difference between having a balanced diet and condoning needless cruelty, I think.

Regardless, I'm 1346. They ought to put this fucker in a jail and wait for him to get sick...

Thanks
    I'm 1373. I'm not going to watch the video, because watching a cat/kitten being murdered would cast a dark shadow over the rest of my life.

Thanks

Oh hey yeah, just throw that in there, really awesome contribution. Killing an animal instantly to feed people isn't the same as drowning an animal without any reason except to shock, as hard as that may be for you to understand. Get some sense before you go spouting random crap in a thread.

Thanks
    Wow.

Thanks
    Signed.

I'm not sure about Hungary but isn't this kinda behavior explicitly illegal in practically all countries?

Sounds like the authority will get to them before this petition does.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 417 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    Oh hey yeah, just throw that in there, really awesome contribution. Killing an animal instantly to feed people isn't the same as drowning an animal without any reason except to shock, as hard as that may be for you to understand. Get some sense before you go spouting random crap in a thread.
    I think what Zaknafain was suggesting was that this is some what similar to some other issues that have sprouted up lately. For example the Virginia Tech shooting. That same day in the world, there were other massacres and crimes against humanity, but only Virginia Tech saw the light of day and was made worth mourning in the eyes of the media and Joe Lunchbox. The fact of the matter is, Light, that very often in the meat industry many of the animals are still alive as they are butchered. There is not a ton of quality control. Not a whole lot has changes since The Jungle was written. The killing hammers of today are good, but not great. The meat industry is aweful, and the souls of innocent animals are twisted in pain to feed our infinite appetite. Not unlike our little kitten. Though I see where you are coming from, suggesting that since they are different purposes, they dont share much of a common theme, but from a certain point of view they do. I dont think being a vegetarian makes you any better than a meat eater. Just because a plant does not have a voice or a face, or whatever it may be, you are no less savage for eating it over a cow. All things have energy and through consumption we all twist the life force of that which is around us to survive. You just have to face it. Even Buddhist monks say a prayer for their shoes, because they will inevitably kill a few insects or things they cannot see through out the day, even though they take a vow not to harm another living being. Most human concepts, frankly, are flawed at their base, but I digress.

I watched this kitten video this morning and I think it was in poor taste. I watched a Praise Allah or else video this evening in which no less than a dozen men were shot in the back of the head and one man was beheaded and I didnt flinch. I have little problem watching humans suffer, but animals I dont care to see suffer. And I do eat meat...lots of it. I know what happens to cows and chickens and what ever else. I might be a bit of a strange egg, but I'm honest with myself about it. I dont hunt, I dont think it is fair. But I understand its purpose. And I'll gladly eat some vennisen thrown my way. Ok, now I'm babbling a bit but I think my messege is clear.

I'll end with this. In high school I had a friend that was applying to Cooper Union. Part of the application was a series of art projects. One was "To Show Decay Over Time." He found inspiration for his subject from an accident that happened in our Chemistry class. We had a friend that had a gold fish in her locker. She was changing the water for the fish in class, and placed the fish into a container of "water" in the class. Unfortunatly for the fish, that "water" was acid. So for this application project, he set up a nice photo shoot with nice fabrics and a fancy wine gobblet filled with hydrochloric acid and put a goldfish in it. he took a picture of it every 15 minutes. This series was his entry for that project to Cooper Union. You could almost smell the vomit on his rejection letter. He ended up at the Academy of Fine arts in Philly, just to set a bar for his skill as an artist.

signed,1511. Seems word is spreading fast.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 655 Posts
    'Artistic freedom'?
    Fucken fools will call anything 'art' these days.

Signed. Hope this bastard gets put away.
    Gonna link the petition in another forum too.

EDIT:
    Funny thing. I posted this on the other forum that I frequent.
    It wasn't well received to say the least. Turned into a flame war, lots of throwing around of the word 'hypocrite', etc, etc, etc.

I guess it it is hypocrisy that most of us who're crying about this have actually taken the lives of creatures, purchase and consume meat, and other products that come at the expense of animal lives.

You could almost smell the vomit on his rejection letter.
    Haha. I think that was a damn good idea. Whoever examined his project should be thankful that your friend didn't decide to use something more familiar.
    Last edited by HunterKiller_; April 29th, 2007 at 05:00 AM.

Thanks
    I dont know why eating meat is coming in to this really, yes alot of them are killed (perhaps inhumanely) for the meat industry but in my mind they died for something - to feed people. (not the best reson for death ever i know)

But that kitten suffered for 3 minutes because some SICKO decided it was art.
    He could have got the same effect from holding it under for 3 seconds, taking it to get humanely put to sleep then filming the body in floating in the water.
    Or even better using CGI which admittedly would have taken skill of which he has none.

I cant stop thinking about it, the images are just burned into my mind when i close my eyes or try to think about something else...

Thanks
    Nothing screams talent like a kitten snuff film.

Can you elaborate on the film festival this won an award at?

I'm hoping this is fake.

You are a level 8 ninja and even though you have a lot of weapons sometimes your ninja moves are your most powerful.

Thanks
    To be honest, if we want to turn this in a flamewar about vegetarism we will not get the guy who killed the kitty behind bars, or get his trophy taken away. We live in a world of a thousand shades of grey, but if you want to archieve something you need to ignore alot of those shades. For example what if a strict vegetarian would come here, and call all the vegetarians also hypocrit and they shouldnt sign it, what amount of mass to archieve anything do we have left then?

Of all the people in america there is 5% a vegetarian.
    5% of that is a strict vegetarian. (according to wiki)
    That means that on CA we would have 3670 vegetarians and 183 strict vegetarians out of the 73391 members.
    Right now there are 1621 signatures. If we would apply the same number if only vegetarians voted there would be only 81 signatures. If onlystrict vegetarians signed it there would be 4 signatures.

So what do we learn from these numbers. If you want to archieve something with a mass, you better put some of your own personal ideas apart and tolerate eachothers view of the world. Diversity will gain you nothing if you want to act as a community against one injustice.

In short: DROWN A KITTEN - win a festival award! > DROWN A KITTEN - win a festival award!
    "Master storytellers never explain. They do the hard, painfully creative thing-- they dramatize"

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Let's track him down and show some of our artistic-conceptart.org-freedom.

Thanks
    I'm a major hunter of animals, I skin them, shoot them, string them up and disembowl them. But I do it so I can eat, not for a film shot...I use everything I can from the carcass and enjoy earning my meal instead of eating a fat cow from McDonalds...

Ive seen hundreds of animals die (most at my hands)...but in this method for this purpose just screams idiocy...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Duq View Post
    To be honest, if we want to turn this in a flamewar about vegetarism we will not get the guy who killed the kitty behind bars, or get his trophy taken away. We live in a world of a thousand shades of grey, but if you want to archieve something you need to ignore alot of those shades. For example what if a strict vegetarian would come here, and call all the vegetarians also hypocrit and they shouldnt sign it, what amount of mass to archieve anything do we have left then?

Of all the people in america there is 5% a vegetarian.
    5% of that is a strict vegetarian. (according to wiki)
    That means that on CA we would have 3670 vegetarians and 183 strict vegetarians out of the 73391 members.
    Right now there are 1621 signatures. If we would apply the same number if only vegetarians voted there would be only 81 signatures. If onlystrict vegetarians signed it there would be 4 signatures.

So what do we learn from these numbers. If you want to archieve something with a mass, you better put some of your own personal ideas apart and tolerate eachothers view of the world. Diversity will gain you nothing if you want to act as a community against one injustice.

In short: DROWN A KITTEN - win a festival award! > DROWN A KITTEN - win a festival award!
    I can assure you: this IN NOT an attempt to raise flamewars over vegetarism. Some people are getting ideas that this is about vegetarism, tha's all. It's about using a LIVING cat TO DROWN for a film AND getting an AWARD with money for that.

Funny thing is: the short film's called "Hypocrite".
    Already In Progress
    Life Drawings
    -
    Sketchbook!

--Homies:
    -Kungfoowiz

Upcoming:
    Days Of Natur Morte

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kovah View Post
    I dont know why eating meat is coming in to this really, yes alot of them are killed (perhaps inhumanely) for the meat industry but in my mind they died for something - to feed people. (not the best reson for death ever i know)

He could have got the same effect from holding it under for 3 seconds, taking it to get humanely put to sleep then filming the body in floating in the water.
    Or even better using CGI which admittedly would have taken skill of which he has none.

I cant stop thinking about it, the images are just burned into my mind when i close my eyes or try to think about something else...
    Agree with you. What that director lacks is some sane directing knowledge and resourcefulness. He did fail to communicate simply with the audience.
    Already In Progress
    Life Drawings
    -
    Sketchbook!

--Homies:
    -Kungfoowiz

Upcoming:
    Days Of Natur Morte

Thanks
    I think Zaknafain was more pointing out the possible hypocrisy for having compassion for this one kitten but not the billions of farm animals dying for food.

But I'm vegan, so I can get uppity over a can of Pringles

Everyday I see people valuing cats and dogs over cows and pigs, so this doesn't surprise me. If we take into account that the worlds general consensus is that pointlessly killing "pet animals" is wrong, then this guy must have something going a bit wrong up there. The majority of meat/animal product eating people couldn't drown an animal with their own hands, and he did get awarded for this cruelty.

Can this be compared to the people who run slaughterhouses? I don't think so, they do it because they think they're doing something that's alright, whereas I don't think filming someone drowning a kitten then getting an award for it is not considered right anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by kovah View Post
    He could have got the same effect from holding it under for 3 seconds, taking it to get humanely put to sleep then filming the body in floating in the water
    Now this is a bit shocking. It's ok for this kitten to die for "entertainment", as long as it's by lethal injection? Interesting.

Thanks
    DoubleXdragon, you're making it out to be the director who drowned the kitten when there is no evidence to substantiate this claim. In fact the director has released a statement claiming the he received the footage from an outside source and had nothing to do with it. When he saw it he elected to include it in his film.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see the fucker who did it get thrown behind bars, but I'm not signing the petition until I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that he (the director) killed the kitten specifically for his film. If you can prove that to me, I'll more than happily sign your petition .
    Last edited by Brendan N; April 29th, 2007 at 11:30 AM.
    Brendan Noeth

• Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast