Ok... Here goes...
I attended the Illinois Institute of Art in Schaumburg in the computer animation program for approximately a year... I was sadly disappointed in the lack of experience that my instructors had. Some of them were great people, but they lacked experience and direction when teaching. I even had classes where my instructors NEVER SHOWED. One class... the teacher had a less than 50% attendance rate. Thus, I left that school and now I'm left with somewhat of a dilemma...
I've gone down to Florida and checked out both Full Sail and Ringling. I presented my work to Ringling and I was told that I had a good chance to make it into their Computer Animation program if I had a little more work in Life Drawing. I completely agree with that, so I decided to check out some art classes at my local community college. I didn't think that Life drawing was any different whereever you take it... as long as their is a live model... I shouldn't have any problems should I?
I'm currently out in Las Vegas and I realized that I'm not too far from Watt's Atelier. If I stay and work out in the Vegas/California Area, then I could possibly attend Watt's Atelier and take as many courses through them as I could.
What my question is... should I go to Watt's and go through the full program and not even worry about Ringling? or should I take the classes I need at Watt's then Apply for Ringling for 2005. Or would taking some life drawing classes at my local community college back in Illinois be okay? And is the combination of Watts and Ringling really what I need if I want to be in computer animation? My main hope is to do concept art and character modeling. I have pretty much left Full Sail out of the loop, I liked its high tech computers and state of the art equipment... but something just didn't feel right when I was there.
One last question, Since I went to the AI in Schaumburg, I have student loans that will become due soon... and I'll have to start making payments. If I go to Watt's, can I use that for a school to continue my student loans on? What I was thinking was possibly going to my community college for a month or two... which would hold off the loans for a while, then go to Watts... and wait and then get a 6 month deferment on the loan (if I couldn't use Watt's as a School to get Loan money for)... Then apply for Ringling and continue my loans on that School...
Any comments on any of this or any of these schools would be much help. I'm kind of in a big mess here and I would really appreciate some help in trying to straighten this out.
Er... one more question... Is the Atelier in Minneapolis worth Attending over watts? Or if I go the Atelier route... is watt's the only real choice? New York is kind of out of the question.