Sketchbook: WO"s Sketchbook (update 28/12/2008 i've been slacking...)

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

WO"s Sketchbook (update 28/12/2008 i've been slacking...)

Hello everyone,

It's time i jump into the Sketchbook wagon, from what i've seen, it's an amazing way to improve by imposing some post discipline. I'll be trying to make weekly dumps. Thanks Everyone. So lets get going I think i'll start with some scans of thumbnails and brushpen and Artpen experiments that i've been doodling on my moleskin sketchbook for the past year.

Attached Images Attached Images            
    Last edited by WODZGN; December 28th, 2008 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Update 28/2008
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    A fast out of memory sketch in Artrage. I should do some more of these... i like the feel of the pencil tool.

Last edited by WODZGN; December 28th, 2008 at 11:20 AM.

Thanks

08' update

It's been more than a year after my last post. I have been feeling really oppressed by the level of quality of the post on these forums. This hasn't kept me from registering some doodles and sketches on my personal journal. So, time to endure the exposure. Please, destroy with critique.

Thanks
    ... and some recent digital environment sketches.

Thanks
    "...I have been feeling really oppressed by the level of quality of the post on these forums..."

Don't be. You have some beautiful work here. Your brushstrokes are wonderful in your enviros. I think part of the beauty of sketchbooks here on CA, is that you can see the not so perfect work some of the crazy-awesome people do. Now all you need to do I work your but off.

Now, for crits.... I shall destroy. I know you said the enviros were sketches, but just a few niggly things. I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination, but just my opinions.

1st enviro: Is that thing coming off of the path a platform of some sort? If so, the struts need to have the vegetation behind showing through the struts. The ?tree? thing in the very most background looks a bit like an afterthought with the sky added roughly in around it. Detail, details. Again beautiful brushwork. Painter, yes?

2nd enviro: I am assuming that the ground continues on to the left of the object? You might want to show that. Currently its looking a bit floaty.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.