Turn arounds / 3d modeling QUESTION

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Question Turn arounds / 3d modeling QUESTION

Yes yes, as you can see this is probably my first post. Iím new to posting, but not viewing, I love this place with all my heart. (enough said about being new to posting)

My question is a simple one. I know conceptart.org is a wonderful place to post your artwork and potential "concept artwork." However I havenít found many Turn arounds ether for Animation or Video Games.

I probably dont have to explain turn arounds, but its basically a schematic for the character or creature or object one is to model, animate, or heck even sculpt with precision (or atleast with a better idea of what all sides look like.)

So back to the main subject, other than drawing conceptual turn arounds for things I would like to model. Does anyone have a good idea on where to find turn arounds? (Mainly for video game stuff, Side Profile/Front/ and maybe back)

Oh, and I know, I could draw them myself, but I just wanna practice modeling on turn arounds that others have drawn with their permission of course, then again thatís a whole nother situation I guess in copyright laws if someone was to model something someone else concepted.

Anywho, thank you for taking the time to read this extremely long post about a simple question haha, and thank you if you answer.

Btw I am a student currently in a Game Art program.

-Bret

p.s. Turn Around is the proper term for what I am asking for correct?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 719 Posts
    What you're describing is what I'd call orthos or character sheets/model sheets, you might have better luck searching using those terms.

Edit: although I actually have seen them referred to as turnarounds too..

Last edited by Flake; April 26th, 2007 at 11:55 AM.

Thanks

Lightbulb I see..

In my character design class we always called them turnarounds. However I totally agree with Orthos, or character sheets. However Character sheets tend to have several different poses.

So other than the correct term for this, why donít I see this very much on here? Or am I just looking in the wrong places in the forums for Orthos and Character sheets?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,439 Times in 259 Posts
    There's not exactly a database of this sort of thing sitting around somewhere. Your best bet is to hook up with a concept artist and have that person draw something for you.

BTW, there is a link in my sig that may be of use you you. . .

I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.