Thanks

vacation spots..

ok, i've finally built up enough vacation time to go somewhere nice for a change. im thinking somethin with a beach.. and preferrably in the americas cuz thats all i can afford right now

not too crazy about the usual 'Cancun or Cozumel' ideas cuz they're too touristy and over-rated. besides ive already been to cancun anyway.

im thinking Acapulco, but id really love more suggestions, especially from folks who may have an inside view of things

but what the hell.. as long as we're thinking about it.. where's your dream vacation spot?? mine would definitely Ibiza, Spain. *gets back to work* - JAG
    it's only after you've lost everything, that you're free to do anything..

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Well, I live in a pretty cool place for vacations; the island of Lanai in Hawaii. We have one of the best beaches (Hulopoe or Manele) in the world, and it's hardly ever crowded. When I say crowded, that means you can still easily find a spot and have no one within 50 feet of you. There's also a couple of other beaches where you can camp, and there might only be one or two other groups camping within a mile radius if it's crowded. You can explore the entire island, and almost nothing is private property.

As far as night life there's not much to do though, but you can catch a ferry to Maui for $30 one way, and party all you want. Lahaina, which is where the ferry docks, is packed with art galleries and restaurants. There's also tons of touristy stuff to do.

Anyways, if you're interested let me know. I can help you find a bed and breakfast or house to stay in, and tell you where all the cool local stuff is.

Thanks
    hey hawaii is a good idea.. didnt think i could afford it but a quick check says i can. - JAG
    it's only after you've lost everything, that you're free to do anything..