Page 6 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Alesoun's Anything Artwork;Can you see what it is yet?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,007 Posts
    I found these photos of Orangutans today; couldn't resist!

And they have such expressive faces......
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

Today's work

Had a pretty rough day and took solace in drawing. This one took a little time; maybe 2-3 hours; I don't know exactly, because I got visitors just when I was blocking the folds of her skirt out and had to stop for an hour. (Don't you just hate when that happens?)

It was looking okay, but when I got back I'd lost my concentration. That's why the cart is missing a wheel.

Oh, well, at least it scanned better than the last lot! It's a fishwife, referenced from an old photo....

Thanks
    I like that drawing , looks like a Rembrandt copy, actually. The orengutans are hilarious - you can always find good subjects in animals. Do you draw mostly from photographs or do you do life drawings??
    How silly do you look with butterflies flying about your head??

Beginnings of a sketchbook:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...ferrerid=70184
    Finishings of a website:
    www.melissiaelisa.com

Thanks
    TheButterflied: I have a sketchbook I take around with me for those times I know I'm going to be waiting around and I'll have the chance for quick sketches or doodles. It's a hardback bound book, though, and it's too thick for me to scan the contents on here.

Mostly I use photos for reference; occasionally I get lucky and get the chance to draw my daughter reading, or my husband sleeping in front of the tv. Sometimes I draw something out of my head.

I tried some studies today, and then worked on a cartoon .....

Thanks

Oops! Forgot the witch....

At the moment, she's just an idea for a painted cartoon. Suggestions and crits urgently required.....

You can see why......

Thanks
    Thanks for the comment and welcome alesoun! The sketchbook is looking good.

Thanks
    Thanks, Yacob!

Visitors again yesterday, so all I had time for is an attempt at a master copy of a drawing of Ruben's son, Nicolas.

Still having problems with proportion, though....

Thanks
    Daughter's 16th birthday yesterday, so this is all I've had time for the past few days. A copy of Durer's mother. Her right eye really does look like that on the original, although my proportions are off again!

and another new, but not very improved attempt at Ruben's son.

Back in those days they didn't have pencils and his son wouldn't have sat still for very long. How did he manage to produce such a great drawing in what must've been minutes?

Thanks

Not eye candy

Drove my daughter and her friend to Glasgow to see Good Charlotte for a birthday treat. Didn't want to cramp her style so I parked near the venue, got something to eat and then did some (very) fast sketches. Most of them were five seconds or less. People passing by. It's light here until 10 pm this time of year.

Thanks
    Wow, you've been sketchin' up a storm! That's great stuff! I love your work on Ruben's son, the fishwife and the witch!

For young Nicholas, I see a difference! It's interesting, but it's like the placement of his mouth makes him look younger in the first try! In the second version, he looks more serious! That's really neat, I gotta say! I see a big improvement on the proportions of the second one though, definitely on his right eye!

As for the witch, she gives me nostalgia for the old Saturday cartoons. ^_^ She's rather scary in the face. Maybe it's the proportions. Her eyes aren't quite in balance with the face. It seems effective though! From the neck down, looks rather simplistic, more of an old woman, but I'm thinking some would still see her as a witch. Perhaps she could use a little more length on that top cloak part. Even if it drapes along her arms and down, that might add a little more. But if you're not trying to get any more complex with her, just ignore that suggestion! I'm not great with clothing yet. :3

Hope that helps a bit!

Thanks

Heads from memory

There just aren't enough hours in the day!

I'm still working on the witch, Jazz trying to make a painting/cartoon of her now, and I'm playing with the cloak, but she's not at the stage where I can post a wip yet. As for the drawing of Nicholas; isn't it amazing how one line in a different place can totally change the look of a face?

That's what I was thinking about today, faces, and I thought I'd try to draw some from memory. People I've seen in the supermarket tonight; like the green haired art student at the checkout who looks like she's stepped off of a page of anime, or the guy with the wild halo of curls, or the woman who always looks half-starved and harrassed. (Hope none of them ever check this site out!)

I wanted to do something for 3CH, but I just haven't had time. Maybe next time.....

Thanks
    This isn't really a crit.

More than anything, I just LOVE how you described those people at the supermarket. Wild halo of curls...AWESOME words!

I'd love to be able to describe subjects that way. And to get it on a picture without having to explain things twice, that would be so great! I think I just love the curly-haired guy's sketch! Possibly because I love his description most!

Thanks
    He was lit from the back as he came in the door, Jazz, and, I guess because he was blond, the edges of his hair really did look like a halo. Funny how some people just make an immediate visual impact!

Oh, got to go out to work for a while now. I love my job, but I dunno if I'll have time to draw tonight. Hope so....

Page 6 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 14