Sketchbook: Alesoun's Anything Artwork;Can you see what it is yet? - Page 26
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Thread: Alesoun's Anything Artwork;Can you see what it is yet?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,154 Times in 2,281 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    WWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW alesoun YOUR PAINTINGS WERE AWESOME BEFORE BUT WWWWWWOOOOWWWWW ITS GREAT TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU HAVE IMPROVED LOOKING FORWARD TO MMRRAAOORRR XDXDXD

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SMILEFACE For This Useful Post:

Black Spot is online now Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 Times in 3,593 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Great consistency on the three. I like the deep rich darks you've got on the first teapot (I presume the others will get there too), but I'm concerned that that sort of darkness doesn't appear elsewhere in the picture.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Rotten Eggs

Name:  100_3443.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  158.8 KB
    This probably isn't finished but, having done 3 on the trot from different angles, I'm sick to death of it. I've learned quite a bit from the attempt. At times I felt as if I was carving the drapery rather than painting it.

Sorry about the sparkles; the paint is still wet in places. It took me so long to do the three that if one of those eggs had cracked, we'd have had to evacuate the house. Next; time for something completely different.

Black Spot is online now Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Came out well. I really like the cloth especially on the left and front. The teapot is great. Maybe you should take another photo when it has dried as well.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The girl with the bird's nest hair

Something different will have to wait a week or so. My bro in law has asked me to paint a picture of his mother as a child. So far, I've come up with this...

Name:  Bird's nest.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  105.5 KB

I'm not happy with the eyes, and I think I've made the chin too pointed. The painting is approximately 10 inches by 12, and the ref. image is a grainy eighty-year-old b/w photo that somebody has drawn on. Oh, the joys!

Name:  bird's nest 2.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  107.6 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Relatives, who needs them? Eyes look better in the first pic, so it's the jaw you need to concentrate on. If you want to you could email me a high res copy of the ref and I could try to restore it for you, just don't tell relative.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Having to shoot this from an angle. The paint's still very wet, and she looks like a particularly sparkly vampire if I try to take a pic face-on.

This is probably the closest likeness I'll get. I've turned her upside down and checked her in a mirror; even checked her upside-down in a mirror, and sideways too, for that matter. The eyes could be a tad smaller, but that'll have to wait until the paint has dried some more.

Name:  100_3561.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  84.7 KB

Nearly finished...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    She looks a bit of a handful. Much better.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alesoun, amazing work on the paintings... just beautiful... you have more patience then I.

-J

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh, tsujni, if only you knew how much hard work I find that patience takes!

It's been a long time since I posted here. At the end of September I was very, very ill. I spent four days in hospital, and my motivation was totally gone when I finally got out, but I'm fighting my way back and I've finally finished this painting.
    Name:  hair.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  153.3 KB

I was working on this one when I was taken off to hospital
    Name:  100_3668.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  97.2 KB
    but I'll never finish it because SOMEBODY ATE THE CAKE!! Not only that, but I stopped smoking, and the unfinished object on the right side was a filled ashtray.

This one will have to be started again, too. I'm just not happy with it. *sigh*
    Name:  100_3801.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  121.4 KB

I'll get there, though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It is with more regret than I know how to express that I am closing this sketchbook. It used to be fun. I am still on a learning experience, and, if you are a friend, you know how to find me, or know somebody who knows how to find me. Thanks for looking over the years.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Members who have read this thread: 3