Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: recent art tests - semi fatty thread

Threaded View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

recent art tests - semi fatty thread

Hell-yo!

I'm currently planning my move back to the states so I figured it would be nice doing it the real american way, get a job and work, work, work : )

So with that comes all the art tests. I actually like doing art tests(dont tell them). When doing personal work I'm just not that interested in rendering pictures all the time and following strict schemes but once I get an assignment to wrap my mind around I tend to put more focus into it. The personal work I do is mostly for training and it's in my belief that sometimes rendering things to death is just a waste of time... especially when designing and in training. but its cool to now and then pick up a subject and take it from start to finish.

So with these art tests I get something that's up to date and something that I can put into my portfolio rather than the freelance work that's buried under NDA's. (i do like the freelance work too jaa)

Here's what I've done so far:

Below is a spaceship design that slowly developed into a giant space turtle. I thought it would be cool with a spacecraft that moves around the space very much like the sea turtles moves around the oceans on earth, catching a ride on the underwater currents. I got lazy with describing how the smaller ship disconnects from the main shell.

A minute of brush/design play in the middle of the process. Trying to explore different designs.. the turtle won.

enviros/interiors:

vehicle/creatures:

Satanic walking cow:

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by RasselTassel; April 23rd, 2007 at 01:11 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.