Thanks

OK, so new scanner problem

Man I post a lot of problems here, guess it's cuz everyone is always so helpful. K, so is it just me or is the new photoshop and Mustek's Scanexpress A3 not compatible? There a way to fix this? Basically I figured out that it scans the pics, puts them into the specified folder, and then you can open them up in photoshop after, for anyone who maybe didn't know that. But I was wondering if there was a way to fix it so u don't have to go through this step, or if there is another program compatible with Vista that's compatible with the scanner or anything.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    In photoshop, are you using file->import? Are there any entries there? Twain and WIA scanners should show up there. Using buttons on the scanner will normally trigger the OS scanning dialogue. You need to supply more information about what it is you're doing.

Thanks
    honestly man, get rid of Vista.. its worthless. go back to XP, get a lexmark scanner/printer/copier for $120 and forget about any problems. plug & play, great quality, good support and no hassles.. - JAG
    it's only after you've lost everything, that you're free to do anything..

Thanks
    Yeah, that's not gonna happen. Prob cuz its a brand new computer, and that would be a terrible idea, seeing as I never had XP to begin with. The scanner shows up in the import, but when I click on it, everything shuts down in photoshop, and windows closes it. And when I try scanning usin the canexpress panel, it scans it but says it can't create photoshop. Meh, whatever, I can work around it if no one knows a solution.

Thanks
    I'm stumped. I just did some reading and it appears the way photoshop acquires scanner images is that it simply sends parameters to the windows scanning interface and automatically imports the images it gets. So it's using the same back-end but different dialogue boxes which means that by rights it should either work in both PS and the OS, or neither. Something you can check - goto

(assuming you have pscsX installed in the default location, if otherwise I'm sure you can find it)

Code:
    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Plug-Ins\Import-Export\
    and ensure that Twain_32.8BA is present and roughly 22.5 kb

Also make sure photoshop is fully updated.

if there's no solution, well it's hardly a show-stopping problem.