Sketchbook: Praesagus' sketchbook of sketchy sketches

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Praesagus' sketchbook of sketchy sketches

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Praesagus' sketchbook of sketchy sketches

This place is a great source of inspiration, and after a long time browsing I figured I should get up and upload a sketchbook so I can hopefully learn and evolve as an artist.

Comments and criticism much appreciated
    So please don't hold back. I'm here to learn.

Attached Images Attached Images        
    Last edited by Praesagus; April 20th, 2007 at 06:34 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi!! It's cool seeing new sketchbooks!

I like the details you have in the costumes! I say it here and there, but I do commend anyone who actually draws a costume on a character, because I can't do it!

As for the anatomy and stuff, I see there are some off proportions:

In the first picture, the character looks like he's sort of tipping to our left. So just a bit off-balance there!

For the woman in the second picture, her breasts appear to be too high, and her bottom half seems MUCH larger than her top. I do like the strength in her legs, mind you! Her face is also a bit out of proportion, like vertically squished a bit.

Crud, I have to cut off. Really, it's just little things with the facial proportions and the different body parts in comparison to one another. You just need to work on measuring those proportions, I'd say!

If there's more stuff, I'm certain someone else will point it out quite nicely! Good stuff though! ...Love those legs!! o_o

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JazzW
    Hi!! It's cool seeing new sketchbooks!

I like the details you have in the costumes! I say it here and there, but I do commend anyone who actually draws a costume on a character, because I can't do it!

As for the anatomy and stuff, I see there are some off proportions:

In the first picture, the character looks like he's sort of tipping to our left. So just a bit off-balance there!

For the woman in the second picture, her breasts appear to be too high, and her bottom half seems MUCH larger than her top. I do like the strength in her legs, mind you! Her face is also a bit out of proportion, like vertically squished a bit.

Crud, I have to cut off. Really, it's just little things with the facial proportions and the different body parts in comparison to one another. You just need to work on measuring those proportions, I'd say!

If there's more stuff, I'm certain someone else will point it out quite nicely! Good stuff though! ...Love those legs!! o_o
    Ahh... I didn't see the balance issue in my druid before... looks like he's falling. Thanks

And I completely see the proportion issues with the woman. It'd probably look a lot better if I lifted everything from the shoulders up a little to extend her torso and balance it all.

Thanks for the comment and pointers. I will put them to work

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.