Results 1 to 13 of 34
Thread: The Photo Challenge - Ghost
April 19th, 2007 #1
The Photo Challenge - Ghost
Thought I'd mix things up since we've been doing a lot of "technical" challenges lately...
1. Only one picture per contestant.
2. No previously used material. All photos must be fresh and never displayed on any gallery / thread.
3. The winner of the last poll will set the next topic; if the same person stands as the winner two times in a row, he or she must choose another user to present the next topic.
4. Enhancements of the picture ARE allowed in CHALLENGE B only.
5. No voting for your own picture.
6. The challenge starts thursday, poll opens tuesday and closes thursday. the winner starts a new post on the photo forum that is named "The Photo challenge - the chosen topic".
7. The poll shall be opened tuesday evening.
8. In the event of a tie in the polls, the person who created the challenge casts the tie breaking vote.
9. The winner has until 18:00/6:00 pm (GMT +2) thursday, after he or she has won to present the next topic, if the winner fails to do so. the topic will be presented by the 2nd place person on the poll
10. Please add a title to your
Hide this ad by registering as a memberApril 19th, 2007 #2
ghost such as....over exposed images, ghost like person? ghost like props? or ghost like orbs....or is this however you percieve the topic at hand
Your Lovely Italian Pirate Queen
April 19th, 2007 #3
Just however you want to interpret it I guess... Just like the older challenges used to be
April 20th, 2007 #4
I could have sworn in the older challenges that they posted the definition of the topic. At least thats how it was when I started lurking on these forums back in Spring 06.
April 20th, 2007 #5
Alright Gonk, I just looked it up on dictionary.com and copied/pasted...
1. the soul of a dead person, a disembodied spirit imagined, usually as a vague, shadowy or evanescent form, as wandering among or haunting living persons.
2. a mere shadow or semblance; a trace: He's a ghost of his former self.
3. a remote possibility: He hasn't a ghost of a chance.
4. (sometimes initial capital letter) a spiritual being.
5. the principle of life; soul; spirit.
6. Informal. ghost writer.
7. a secondary image, esp. one appearing on a television screen as a white shadow, caused by poor or double reception or by a defect in the receiver.
8. Also called ghost image. Photography. a faint secondary or out-of-focus image in a photographic print or negative resulting from reflections within the camera lens.
9. an oral word game in which each player in rotation adds a letter to those supplied by preceding players, the object being to avoid ending a word.
10. Optics. a series of false spectral lines produced by a diffraction grating with unevenly spaced lines.
11. Metalworking. a streak appearing on a freshly machined piece of steel containing impurities.
12. a red blood cell having no hemoglobin.
13. a fictitious employee, business, etc., fabricated esp. for the purpose of manipulating funds or avoiding taxes: Investigation showed a payroll full of ghosts.
–verb (used with object)
14. to ghostwrite (a book, speech, etc.).
15. to haunt.
16. Engraving. to lighten the background of (a photograph) before engraving.
–verb (used without object)
17. to ghostwrite.
18. to go about or move like a ghost.
19. (of a sailing vessel) to move when there is no perceptible wind.
20. to pay people for work not performed, esp. as a way of manipulating funds.
21. fabricated for purposes of deception or fraud: We were making contributions to a ghost company.
22. give up the ghost,
a. to die.
b. to cease to function or exist.
April 20th, 2007 #6
...Touche Mr. Someone...Touche.
April 20th, 2007 #7
So then, get out there and take a picture!
You can add an entry into a challenge that you started right? I've got an idea for something to do...
April 20th, 2007 #8Registered User
- Join Date
- Mar 2006
- Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
god, please, or even BT, give me back my broadband internet connection. And a car....so i can take pictures
April 20th, 2007 #9
April 20th, 2007 #10
April 21st, 2007 #11"Aged Hands"
April 21st, 2007 #12
I hope this is alright; may do another one if I finish my photo projects in time. This is pinhole photography (for the curious).
Changed my entry and I'm feeling this one more. Previous one is #39 in my Photo Thread.
Last edited by purplerose; April 28th, 2007 at 11:12 PM.
April 23rd, 2007 #13
Finally took a picture tonight for the challenge, I don't know which one I like better but I'm thinking black and white because it looks more ghosty-ish? What do you guys think? Wish I could've prevented the truck in the way...but I still like it.
Your Lovely Italian Pirate Queen