Sketchbook: Chelsea likes to sew & draw!! CHECK IT OUT. - Page 17
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 17 of 55 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ur crazy...amazing crazy
    loving all of them

Sketchbooks, Wacom, and Art Forum - Thread 104785">Moftah's Sketchbook

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Haha , those things are funny , i imagined one ... fluffy big as a punching sack , ganged in my gym ... punching it all day ... ya that's kinda creepy . I cant say that i have a favorite... oh one more thing , those yeti pillows look kinda dangerous , watch out Mr. Delicious they might come for you . Good luck with the next projects , cant wait to see what spawn's up

monstertree is offline They look so good that's why I keep 'em in the front Level 7 Gladiator: Samnite
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Those plushies are looking super pro lately, I love the monsters with multiple paws - the designs are awesome

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dude! I want one o' dem rapper-bears ;o
    But seriously, your plushies are those which I want to give future girlfriends, so they praise me for my sensitive side.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,891 Times in 428 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    lefran: hahah ive gotten the stitch reference to my multiple armed monsters a bunch of times. but thats okay hes adorable. &thanks!

invinciblewombat: hahah, youd have the creepiest sleep of your life with them. ?

Clochette: awe thanks a ton!

Idiot Apathy: !

Stilts: Yep! hahaha, im about to post two new ones that're even bigger than all the rest! My goal is to make one that matches me in height. a 5 foot 8 inch monster. that would be EPIC.

Miles_: hahah thank you!! im trying! Theres all these new fabric mediums i wanna try but I'm trying hard not to spend extra money until Mr D and I move ouuut of Illinois.

Little-Feet: Thanks so much!!!

super skoda: hahaha exactly!! so important that i made mini kitten versions of them the other day. About your crit, most of the little bits are glued down with strong felt glue instead of sewn, so that would probably explain the "slapped on" look. ive just found that it makes it look cleaner and a lot nicer than sewing it on cause theyre so small, the thread sort of warps the shape.

sketch: thanks!!!

squirtlawirt: Thanks!! Ive started writing some childrens books but never seem to getting around to finish them, hah. Oh man and I do wanna make my own earmuffs real bad, ive had people suggest that to me before, I'm definitely gonna make some once winter comes closer.

Chris_Grisham: awesome, thank you!!

krossj: thanks a tonn

life on the sofa: hahah, thank you! if oompa loompas were real, id teach them to sew. they could sew me chocolate. i wouldnt mind.

moftah: hahahah, thanks!!

flamable: hahahah, well maybe i should consider that as my next project.. hmm... &thankyouu!

monstertree: thanks!!! sewing almost comes second nature to me now. I can be sewing something down and completely not be paying attention to it, doing it without looking, haha

Fshoo: hahahah, they would probably/most definitely get you some babes.

MY BIGGEST MONSTERS YET!!

The Kreeks.
    1ft tall, 2 ft antlerspan!

The Kreeks are three conjoined brothers. Kai, Kale & Kaim. Three different brains, but they share all of their organs. They're very kind to strangers, and to their owners, but when left alone they will fight and bicker and try to bite each other. The only thing that saves them from pulling each other apart is that they are constantly tired and sleep for 18 hours throughout the day.

My biggest commission yet

2 ft tall, 2 ft 6 in antlerspan!
    my pictures look so terrible outside of the lightbox

For size ref, next to another monster. That monsters huge too, over a foot tall, but he looks midgety next to the new one.

Multiple mustache kittens with interchangable mustaches!
    One for the everyday and one for fancy dress.
    5 1/2 in tall, 13 inch long tail

Ulk the elk monster
    1ft tall sitting, 22 in standing. he sits real good on ledges

Finished this guy last night and he is my ABSOLUTE favorite:

Oatmeal the cookie hoarder
    He's got five little cookies that can go in his belly pocket or fit between his stubby arms

If you find your cookie jar empty some night, think twice before blaming the kids.
    There have been many rumors circulating that Oatmeal the cookie hoarder was about. Multiple cases have been heard about him chasing girl scouts down the street while they were going house to house selling cookies. He once cleaned out an entire bakery of all its goods, cookies, muffins, cakes and all. Because of his brown and black colors, he's able to curl up and camoflauge easily. He is only noticeable by his rainbow eyes and bright blue tongue.
    The only thing that can slow down the cookie hoarder is sugar-free treats! Sneak some of these in the top of your cookie jar and it will render him (harmlessly) unconscious until the next morning.

He's 1ft tall, and his cookies are 3in wide

GiantRibot is offline FOR A BARELY ACCEPTABLE AMOUNT OF JUSTICE!!! Level 3 Gladiator: Catervarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    effing amazing. tell me you sell these for lots of money.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,318 Times in 906 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    wowowowowowooooo, I want some cookiessssss, lets make some tonighttt!!!!! Him and the weeko are my favorites

'If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems.And that's a big mistake.'
    www.DaveRapoza.com - Step by Steps, Videos, PSD Downloads, and tons of other crap
    SketchBook
    My Twitter Account
    Schoolism Alien Video Tutorial!
    -HAHAHA B.B.F.F. Forever...-

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 370 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Ulk and Oatmeal are just wonderful .

that seriously made the perfect ending to my day

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    GiantRibot: one day i will have the confidence to sell them for $500 each.

David: WE DID. They were mushy though.

Miles: Awww thats awesome, hahah. thanks!

Pictures got put up today from the first of four toy shows that I'm in called Crammed Organisms (www.crammedorganisms.com), and it was really exciting to see some of my toys in the pictures!!

Weeko in the bottom right with the green antlers!

Fresh Prince of Bear-Air in the bottom center. He's got the giant flat top and shutter shades.

You can kind of see one of my other plush.. the little purple panda guy on the left next to that.. lumpy monster, hahah

I have one more in this one I think but I couldn't find him in any of the pictures.

OH and I made this birthday present for my best friend today.
    She loves ninja turtles, and babies. (But not in a creepy way. She works at a daycare.)
    So I made NINJA TURTLE BABIES. awww.

And a little rainbow birthday cake.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wowow, chelseas gonna pay my way through colleeegggeeee wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo .

loovelyy woman!

'If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems.And that's a big mistake.'
    www.DaveRapoza.com - Step by Steps, Videos, PSD Downloads, and tons of other crap
    SketchBook
    My Twitter Account

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow cool stuff, you are really good at making things!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ahaha, these are awesome. All awesome. At least some artistic women still know the fine art of sewing since I fail so horribly at it.

I think if I tried to make these they would end up blood stained from stabbing myself with the needles accidentally. Pro work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Chelsea,

I really like all of your designs. You have been busy. Look at all of those critters. Weeko was one of my favorites. Totally cute and just plain Awesome!! Hope to see some new drawings from you one of these days. I love those too.

take care.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    David: uhhhhh.. what?

Jens: Aw wow! thanks a ton!

JoshK: thank you!!

Chachia: hahahaha I actually knew basically nothing at sewing until 8-ish months ago. I saw some artist I really liked started making these weird dolls and I wanted to try to make stuffed things so I just took out a ton of sewing/embroidery books out from the library and taught myself. And I've had many battle wounds from sewing too. From just stepping on a needle to cutting off a chunk of one of my fingers with my extra sharp scissors. !

facosta: thanks so much! I'm actually updating with a drawing today, for once. i just usually dont have all that much time to draw. its a pretty slow process for me

Down to four stars...

Yellow yeti commission!

10 in tall

Something I've been working on in little bits at a time when I dont feel like sewing. Wasnt really thinking as I was making this, just drawing cutesy monsters as they came in my head.
    14 x 15? on bristol board

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I want Ulk! Sits fine

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lol I spent maybe like 30 minutes looking through this sb! it's...so awesome!!!!!!

I ADORE Ivory Von Kittington, PhD. the white gentleman kitty. I think I'd love it so much!

Real cool stuff!! I can't wait to see your plushiest sold everywhere. I'd get the gentleman kitty!

¡Que Viva El Concept Art Atelier!

[Website]

[Blog]

[ Sketchbook! (old) ]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mydrim: thanks!!

Steph Laberis: Oatmeal is definitely my absolute absolute favorite. I made all sort of happy squealy noises when I finished him, hahah. &thanks!

Icon: aw wow thanks a ton! that means a lot coming from both you and steph because you guys are amazing! That guys actually up for grabs if you really do want him, he hasnt gotten bought. You can click the shop link on my signature.

Just one. A commission to remake this plush I made for a contest (that didnt win)
    BENCE, Boy of bears

Bence was a child who loved bears. He owned every book on them, a self proclaimed expert. Everywhere he went he wore a pink bear suit with little brown paws. One day, Bence discovered a bear cub going through his garden. He followed it to its den, and persuaded the bears to let him live with them, in exchange for teaching them the human language, and a supply of his mothers pies

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ooh!

Those ninja turtles = coolest things ever. Can I touch?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    haha awesome dude

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I must say that this is one of the most creative threads I've seen on this board Love that you're able to explore your ideas with sewing in addition to drawing (or maybe it's the other way around at this point? hehe) and I must say it's nice seeing creatures and animals that aren't necessarily monstrous or vicious looking. Great colors, design, all of that... looks like you've gotten alot more efficient at making these guys as well. I must say that Piper the Plaid Panda really made me smile for some reason haha; great work keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ninja turtle babies

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome!!!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your stuff is amazing! I love your monsters, and your sketches are so cute. You have a great sense of colour and proportion, and an incredible imagination. I'll be checking this thread again for certain. Also, I you on Etsy.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WAW-EE loooooooooovee the eccentricity of all of these little guys!

but...i do gotta say..i wouldnt wanna sleep in a room with them alllllll staring at me with biiiggg grins like clowns...big, fluffy, funny, etc but turn the lights off and they turn into killing machines with like 15 inch knives and darts and killllling stuff like..and.yeah..uh*shudder*

clowns are no fun imo. scary mo fos.

make a door stop one fill it with sannnddd or ...concrete hehe

did like the yellow yeti one most, my gf is a yellow freeeaaak and would love that but you said its a commision so doubt its for sale ill still point her to your site anyway, her kinda thing.

lense flare this bitch

GOT BRUSHES?..share them here> >CUSTOM BRUSH THREAD!

:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    kawaiiii at baby donatello

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Goog: hahaha thank you. and yes. you may.

koppa: thanks! ;D

Onir: oh wow thank you! thats a huge compliment considering all the crazy stuff ive seen on here. sewing has definitely taken over drawing, i have to remind myself/sometimes force myself to draw so my skills don't disappear.

Zord: !

cakeypigdog: THANKS!

madfishmonger: thanks so much! my crazy monster doodling all through high school instead of paying attention paid off

life on the sofa: hahaha i dont know how much id like that either. theyve all taken over the workroom, and they also take up two shelves in the closet. your girlfriend sounds like my kinda lady! yellow is my favorite color, too.

DeathChalupa: hahaha thanks!!

I put together some "Do it yourself" baby yeti kits a couple days ago! I made a little pamplet with illustrated instructions and a pattern kit. I've sold a few already.

Some baby versions of the Weeko monsters I've made. I thought it would be cute. They have one baby tooth and two pairs of arms instead of three like the "grown up" versions of them.

8 1/2 inches tall

& I made four more monster babies!
    These ones are sweet because I used little bits of gold vinyl for certain parts of their faces. my favorite is the green one with the gold teeth.

about 5 in tall

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    pinnkk monster baby is my favorite! and the weeko babies are sweet too.......................ooooooohhhhhh goooddddddd i love you

SketchBook
    My Twitter Account

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    :-D This is one of the most unique sketchbooks I've seen! Your plushies look fantastic! I'm gonna have to gome back when I need some cheering up. For sure.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    David: ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh thanks dave ;D

BeautyGirl1510: thanks so much! ;D do come back!

So yeah this is what I made my dad for fathers day, hahaha. I know everything's off in the faces, I didn't have a reference of my dads face and PLUS dads dont care about that stuff they love it anyways. ;D

A custom beanie pair for a wife & husbands anniversary (awww)

Stuff I made for two trades, the yeti pillow for StephLaberis(!!!), and the cat for a tonnnn of free supplies from someone else.

I like the colors.

A commission I just finished today. She wanted it to be a monster girl with pink fur and glasses.

Page 17 of 55 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 17