Awaiting some critique
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Awaiting some critique

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Awaiting some critique

This is a character concept i have been working on. i usually know where my end point is and follow a path to it but with this pic i let my mind wander. please let me know what you think

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i like the idea. I think the dragon on the cloth seems to be a bit flat, looks as though you just slapped it on there. I also think that his arms should have the same effects as the head. The blue in the work doesn't seem to be working, is it from a seperate light source, or is the actual fabric blue? I think this one has potential, keep working on it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanka alot. i was always wondering what i was goin to do next. hopefully il have time to post an updated version soon. the blue will probably be taken out and i had flame effect on my pencil concept. until then, keep well

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yummy, flames!

The blue does work in terms of color, however, the blue is not being applied in every shadow so it just seems really weird (the shadow below the dragon sash is brownish). Apply the blue color in more shadows and it will be a nice offset to the warm colors of the rest of the picture. It will also help the figure to pop out from the bg.

The right arm is sinking down. There are muscles in the arms that create tension and will keep the arm c-shaped and not straight(even more so on muscular characters). Desaturate the bg because right now the bottom right part of the figure is sinking into it. Watch the perspective on the right shoulder. It's much smaller than the left shoulder area. Because the right hip seems down, you have to get that right shoulder up to counterbalance the pose. Stand and put your weight one one leg. Each side naturally counterbalances the other by opposition.

It would also be wise to look up some anatomy books. Anatomy for the Artist by Sara Simblet, or Goldfinger's Elements of Forma are extremely helpful with anatomy.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks so much! im working with a dude that is an anatomy expert so its helping!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Is this a man or a woman? The hips say female, but the top of the painting has male proportions.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.