Improvement?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Improvement?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Improvement?

Alright about 9 months ago I started using photoshop for painting; I'm unsure if the quality of my work is up to par for someone who is 19 years of age and animation type major (currently in between transferring schools and starting in July).

http://koufuyo.deviantart.com/

and some of the work from this week.

I practice everyday, however I'm very worried. Also sorry if I wasn't able to update old posts; I was very slow with art a couple of months ago.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,437 Times in 259 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    You are doing okay, but if you wish to improve at this sort of abstracted imagery, you need to first have a better understanding of what you are abstracting. In other words, less worrying, and more drawing from life.

Check out the "Concept Art 101" link in my sig. . .

I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Seedling
    You are doing okay, but if you wish to improve at this sort of abstracted imagery, you need to first have a better understanding of what you are abstracting. In other words, less worrying, and more drawing from life.

Check out the "Concept Art 101" link in my sig. . .
    Cool I'll take you up on that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i'd start studying up on color, anatomy, and constantly copying artists you like.
    take what you like.

for ur piece.
    color is really saturated.
    look into line quality.
    watch out for tangents! (where lines touch in areas and take away the illusion of 3d/overlap.) u've got a lot everywhere.
    also think about composition. ur main char is dead center.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by afterthought
    i'd start studying up on color, anatomy, and constantly copying artists you like.
    take what you like.

for ur piece.
    color is really saturated.
    look into line quality.
    watch out for tangents! (where lines touch in areas and take away the illusion of 3d/overlap.) u've got a lot everywhere.
    also think about composition. ur main char is dead center.
    Idk, I'm well aware of the anatomy of things, lately I've been drawing like advanced pose sketches by hand ten daily. (I need a bit more help with wacom practice of the body though). How does it seem saturated? I was trying to do a sunset like scene, from studying fruits and vegetables it seems of though they are very reflective. And that's no character in the center, that's an all purpose mutant vegetable transport who's duck like appendages as both wings and skates. Most vegetable buildings I draw are in the shape of a Dozojin; the only character present is a my mascot monster in a super stylized toothy grin. For color I start out with a base coat, duplicate they layer shade with purple and blues at (10%) and then move on to bright reds, yellows and oranges for light at the same opacity.

I do reals too, however I never go into depth with them...

Also I do 3D..I haven't done so in forever and I need more help before I start again. Does anyone know anything about cloth and Uv mapping? I haven't learned that yet and want get a head start once I re-enter college.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...yo/facesad.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...oufuyoside.jpg

Last edited by koufuyo; April 16th, 2007 at 02:08 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.