VOTING!! Teen Challenge #27

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Best slayer of ogres?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • WolfBane

12 21.43%
  • Evil_Sloth

10 17.86%
  • monacartonuda

2 3.57%
  • bestow

0 0%
  • ChaoticKnight

0 0%
  • Alexc

2 3.57%
  • yungks.ae

1 1.79%
  • zan9000

1 1.79%
  • asoir

0 0%
  • Apts

0 0%
  • savant

0 0%
  • Q-Caddlewick

3 5.36%
  • Keng

1 1.79%
  • myalias

14 25.00%
  • Skeiff

7 12.50%
  • Omerta

0 0%
  • mc2mc2

3 5.36%
    Thanks

VOTING!! Teen Challenge #27

The topic was "The Ogre Slayer". Vote for your favorite!

Wolfbane:

The land of thermapolina has always been haunted by the dreadful stench of ogres, evil and rotting creatures that dwell in the mountains. Every now and then the local villages were plundered by the savage creatures, being robbed from their young ones as the ogres feed on children. One day, the wise king Aeraklies decided to put an end to this madness. A massive army was assembled, and they attacked the ogres at their homeground, deep within the peaks of horror. The environment was playing on the ogres side, and became their advantage. The cold and exhausted men got lost, and were killed one by one by the overwhelming ogres. Yet, Aeraklies would not admit defeat. Again and again, he marched armies from all around the corners of his empire. Like pigs for the slaughter, they were chopped down by the retaliating enemy.

Then the king got a crazed idea. So bizarre that h almost got thrown out of his own throne by the bewildered people. he planned to breed his very own ogre, and train it in perfection to kill his own kind. For there were no stronger creature than a larger ogre. A scout group were mustered, and quickly sent up into the mountains to steal young ogres. Despite grave losses by the kingdoms scout group, they managed to catch but one ogre cub. Deep within the hollows, the king chosed to breed his forthcoming Ogre Slayer. 20 years went past, before the king finally returned from the dark dungeouns. Nobody knew how he did it, but following him out of the tunnel was a massive ogre, trained by the king himself to hunt down and exterminate his own specie. Even though the creature was brainwashed to follow human orders, and kill ogres, it's natural instincts occured frequently. Therefore, dicipline was outmost important. His sly skin reveal several scars, indicating the rough treatment he recieves if he "misbehave".

During the first year, people were more afraid of it, than being willing to be rescued. But now when over 50 years has passed, and the old king Aeraklies is dead. People salute him as a saviour and hero, as he passed by town after town, cleansing the nearby hills and mountains for ogres.

Evil_Sloth:

monacartonuda:

Appart from his clan, the confused ogre's mourn is guttural as he is attacked by a bone warrior, the ogre recognized that smell and the marks on that body; it was the ogre murderer.

bestow:

ChaoticKnight:

Bonereaper: The legendary Ogre slayer. Bonereaper, given his nickname early on in his adventuring days, grew in legend because of his expert ability to dispatch ogres. These ogres were sometimes greater than four times his size, and he was viewed and respected as one of the greatest warriors across the land. He is rarely seen in public, and he has scoffed at anyone who has asked to become his squire or apprentice. Little else is known about him.

AlexC:

yungks.ae:

zan9000:

asoir:

Apts:

savant:

Leopold Robinson is the hottest name in the ogre slaying scene in England these days. His arrogant attitude and charming looks make women go crazy but not only that, he's also a very skilled hunter. Unlike many of his fellow hunters, Leopold trusts in skill and strategy instead of brute force. He uses lightweight throwing knives which can pierce deep in the ogres flesh causing lethal damage.

Q-Caddlewick:

No one believes him when he claims to have taken down over 200 ogres in his career. Not even the ogres.

Keng:

myalias:

he's an ogre shaman outcast who killed his tribe out of revenge and became corrupt.

Skeiff:

The year is 2450, Cities have been taken over my evil spirits known only as *scream* "OGRES!" Who ya gunna call? "Ghostbusters!" ..
    i mean "THE OGRE SLAYER!":

Omerta:

mc2mc2:

Post your comments and suggestions for future topics if you have any.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    love the colours on mc2mc2's painting

Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 624 Posts
I voted for myalias.

Mc2mc2: hehe... Did she saw a flying pink elephant and just had to look up in the air or something ? =) If i was to hunt some ogres.. I'd certainly not jump and then look straight in the air
Nice, very nice entry though!

Thanks
    i would have voted for myalias if the colours weren't so dark, so it's gone to skeiff!
    and LOL @ my entry, what was i on

Thanks
    voted skeiff:YAY BOOBIES!-booo lens flare-YAY LENSE FLARE WORKED WELL! would have been better ti give it more of an angle tho

asoir: classy
    beestow: photorealism at its peak

evil sloth: i dunno where the yellow flipper on his back camefrom but kinda confused me........i dont like confusion..wmuahahahahahhaa* cough..choke..die*

wolfbane: a bit of lack in contrast from his skin and his clothing- also a bit over creased around his left arm clothes dont quite fold like that but you made the rest look good with folds 'n' creases>

lense flare this bitch

GOT BRUSHES?..share them here> >CUSTOM BRUSH THREAD!

:

Thanks
    yungks.ae : Thanks!
    Dile : Lol...I wouldn't jump and look straight into the air either if I were hunting ogres..if you check out the detail image I had in the other thread, her face is facing the sky but her eyes are looking straight at the ogre.

Anyway thanks for the compliment...

I'm still deciding on who to vote for.

Thanks
    man I learnt so much from this round, rather incredible.

Whether is was Wolfbane's story behind his piece, monacartonuda's gesture, the emotion brought on by myalias, mc2mc2's use of colour, Skeif's originality, savant's brush work, AlexC's presentation, Keng's charm, Apts atmosphere, yungks.ae's composition, Omerta's contrast,
    ChaoticKnight's foreshortening, zan9000's tones and Q-Caddlewick's readability.

All that stuff I'm going to try and learn from and build on in future pieces.

Never felt so honoured to be a part of such firtile talent.

Going to fucking rock next round BOYZ!

Last edited by Evil_Sloth; April 15th, 2007 at 08:43 AM.

Thanks
    Damnit you kids are good. Some great entries. Congrats!

Thanks
    Very cool stuff fellas. I feel honored to be amongst such great entries. I have definately seen the standards rise.

Wolfbane: Nice execution. Really diging the muted palette.

EvilSloth: I'm digging how much work you put into that one. haha good stuff.

savant: Nice colors!

mc2mc2: Thats pretty sweet mate!

My vote will go to mc2mc2 for some nice color use.

Thanks asoir, life on the sofa and wolfbane for voting for me. I really appreciate it guys.

Thanks
    Voted for myalias. Evil_sloth was close behind, but I would've liked to have seen as much detail in the ogres as there was in the slayer.
    Great round all!

Thanks
    My vote goes to Evil Sloth, by far the most dynamic and adventurous attempt.

respect is the ultimate currency. sketchbook: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=93690

Thanks
    Get the next one up and running!!

Thanks
    My head is going to explode from indecision. Ever time I think I've made my choice I skim through one more time and wind up right back where I started. I think though.. that I'm voting for skeiff on this one. I think the concept really stands out on it's own from the rest and has the wonderfully executed art work to back it up.

Really solid round this time. Great job to everyone.

Thanks
    Whoa, when did the teen entrants suddenly get so good?

Thanks
    sorry for the late reply

i would love to comment on the entries but im sick and it really hard to concentrate

this was a hard decision, but i voted for evilsloth because i was motivated to do a better picture after i saw his entry

Thanks
    hmmm, are we starting another teen challenge soon? I'm getting awful busy next week so I want to have at least one entry in before then.

Thanks
    Someone host up the next challenge!

Thanks
    I hope it's ok for me to vote here, I voted mc2mc2 for good Lighthearted colour & good use of dynamics.

Adam.

Thanks
    hey only just fowned thi thread im 17 and am deffinetly join in the next one^^

• Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.