Need some Feedback

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Need some Feedback

My latest work, I would like some feedback on what you guys think. C+C always welcomed and appreciated.

Attached Images Attached Images    
    J.L. ALFARO

"Be who you are and say what you feel,because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
    -Dr. Seuss

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like the lines on the upper legs. What are they caused by? Scars? The androgynous form coupled with a lack of any face to give clues of the sex is pretty interesting and mind-bending, too.

My main problem is with the figure's feet - is it meant to be hovering over the monster, or standing on top of him? There doesn't seem to be any flat place to stand, and the creature's shoulders are clearly very rounded and muscled - but the figure's feet are facing directly towards us as if standing on a nice flat platform. Maybe you could add in a small platform, as if the creature was wearing it like a yoke?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    really great job, the only think i can say personally is that everything looks great, but the volcanos look a bit unfinished, or i dont know, somethings missin.
    really nice +_o

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awsome piece of work...My only concerns are, as Kaete mentioned, the figures feet, also the boots seem like they're cut outs - i think you should try giving them a bit more depth.
    Also the figures hand that is grasping the chain seems a bit too tightly clenched - i think widen the grip as the figure is holding a chain - not the most comfortable thing to hold tightly onto; the fiery head is intresting, although i feel lacks some kind of definition...otherwise a fantastic job...

...draw till your fingers bleed...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That's a really cool image! Very striking! Reminded me of being a kid again and playing D&D

I'd say the figure's (I'm not sure if I should say "human's") chest is a bit of a problem. It's too high and doesn't look fleshy enough to be a breast, but looks too rounded to be a pectoral.

It does make the character quite androgenous though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for all the great feedback!
    I will try to address those good points you guys made and post it back later today.
    And yes he/she is supposed to look androgynous- I feel as though angels and demons should be neither male or female, but at the same time represent characteristics of both.

J.L. ALFARO

"Be who you are and say what you feel,because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
    -Dr. Seuss

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.