Aques Coral Profile

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Aques Coral Profile

Aques Coral Profile

About time I made another post on here.

I want to know what you think of the character design, the profile layout, and the concept of the character.

I'm aware of many of the problems with the picture itself. The pose is boring and cliche, but I had a hard time with anything else. If you have any ideas, let me know! Redline would be very helpful.

And the symbol under her name is the symbol of the Southern Merpeople.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If you're going to use text as a part of your art, you should spell check it just to look more professional. There are quite a few grammar errors in your description, from missing periods and apostrophe to misspelled words. For instance, it's "quiet" instead of "quit." Repeating "Who's to say" is awkward.

Lots of artists have problems with the word stuff, so it can be really helpful to have a friend look it over to check the writing for you. It's also a nice way for your non-artist friends to feel like they're helping with some cool art creation, even if it's just in a small way!

As for the art: I don't think you need to worry too much about the pose. It does at least show some attitude, and most of her body parts and costume are fairly clear. Personally I'd worry a bit about using that intense ultramarine blue eye color with her predominant green-blue tint, but that's just me.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaete
    If you're going to use text as a part of your art, you should spell check it just to look more professional. There are quite a few grammar errors in your description, from missing periods and apostrophe to misspelled words. For instance, it's "quiet" instead of "quit." Repeating "Who's to say" is awkward.

Lots of artists have problems with the word stuff, so it can be really helpful to have a friend look it over to check the writing for you. It's also a nice way for your non-artist friends to feel like they're helping with some cool art creation, even if it's just in a small way!

As for the art: I don't think you need to worry too much about the pose. It does at least show some attitude, and most of her body parts and costume are fairly clear. Personally I'd worry a bit about using that intense ultramarine blue eye color with her predominant green-blue tint, but that's just me.
    Thank you so much! I knew someone would comment on my grammer, it isn't the best out there, I should have triple checked before I posted.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    She looks almost too happy to be so bitter. Yes she has an annoyed expression but the bright white top, fluffy hair and matching jewelry is a little bit too cheerleader. Try to convey more of her personality through her appearance. Change up the pose some too, its too casual, give her some life. If you're using this image as the image to introduce your character you should try to give us as much information about who she is through posture and costuming.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by glitteranddoom
    She looks almost too happy to be so bitter. Yes she has an annoyed expression but the bright white top, fluffy hair and matching jewelry is a little bit too cheerleader. Try to convey more of her personality through her appearance. Change up the pose some too, its too casual, give her some life. If you're using this image as the image to introduce your character you should try to give us as much information about who she is through posture and costuming.
    You have alot of really good points. The fluffy hair was more a mistake with me, I was going to try depicting her underwater but overall you art right about it. I was thinking about giving her clothes in poorer condition. She is in need of a good revamp, this design is quite old. Posture is a good idea, I never really thought about that. The only thing I can't change is her bracelet, because it's important in the plot but the necklace and earings can go.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, when designing a character, try to avoid pose that cover ur character hand, leg or whatever. Unless u have a special reason.
    Keep up the good work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by teiae
    You have alot of really good points. The fluffy hair was more a mistake with me, I was going to try depicting her underwater but overall you art right about it. I was thinking about giving her clothes in poorer condition. She is in need of a good revamp, this design is quite old. Posture is a good idea, I never really thought about that. The only thing I can't change is her bracelet, because it's important in the plot but the necklace and earings can go.
    If you want to draw her underwater then the rest of her body should look like its underwater, draw her swimming.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.