Guardian

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Guardian

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Guardian

An older idea that i thought i might try some practice on it.I know it still needs work,i'll post an update soon.
    C&C are welcomed!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    textures are cool.
    perspective of wings on helmet.
    arm anatomy.
    hard to understand wats going on bottom.
    i dont like how the hand jus disappears. have it ontop of the arm.
    i wouldn't have the stingers on the bottom be parallel. change the angle of the left one so that the top points towards the head.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very interesting styling, the vertical lines give it a nice textured canvasy feel, really love the saturated, dark, look you have going, and the specular bloom you have going around your highlights is beautiful. However, right now it feels like there's a bit too much light on his arms and leg, it kinda feels like you're trying to emphasize his strenght and muscularity, but; currently his helmet is rendered as if it's clean metal, and it seems to be in the same lighting situation, closer to the light source then is arms, yet the value is darker then how you've rendered the arms, which is causing a bit of visual discord.

Also, the arm that's hanging down looks like it should be in shadow, from the direction of the light on the rest of his body.

My only other critique is how huge his upper arm looks in relation to his shoulder, hightening the reflected light at the bottom of his shoulder should fix that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey polonoid, can you point me to a place online where I can learn to do that old film type of texture thing? Thanks.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the crits guys!
    I realized that as much as i try to make this better,the foundation is all wrong...It's better to let it go and do something new.
    @laterDays-Sorry man,i don't know of any place of this kind.Just try to experiment with different layers,brushes and textures and see what you come up.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Icon

Hey man. I see potential in this piece. You may have spent a lot of time with it, but you can't be afraid to destroy it and push on through. A lot of the mistake you see are probably ones that you don't want to fix cause it would cause too much re-painting. Screw it just go for it. His left arm looks broken in the way it is propped up. The proportions on the torso are a little long as well, and he should probably be wider based on how "buff" his legs and arms are. Which means his trapezious muscles should be a little bigger too. Fight through it if you feel you are up to it. But if you hate it, just take what you have learned both things done right and wrong and apply those to the next piece. very interesting color choices were made. Keep it up.

Warrior Style

joesoloart.com[/CENTER]

[CENTER]

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.