Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 133 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Exclamation Android in China

4-1-08

Its that first moment where you've just come out of a dream and you open your eyes in an unfamiliar room and you don't know where you are......my mind scrambles to come up with an explanation , then memory kicks in... i experienced that moment today, and after the shock wore off i remembered ,,,that I'm in CHINA!

I Am here Teaching a series of workshops In Beijing Shanghai and Guangzhou
    Today I am in Shanghai and I will BE teaching this afternoon. the crowds are anywhere from 500 to over 1000 . the event is sponsored by wacom and adobe and admission is free. I only have about an hour for my lecture and i do my best to pack it with creative information.
    I am here with Dirty iron the lead 2d artist at Massive black Shanghai and he is giving some great lectures as well .

I was given a tour of the Massive Black shanghai office yesterday for the first time. the studio and the artists blew me away, Dan , Jenny and the rest of the guys are running a great operation there.

i don't even know how to begin summing up my experience in china. First off the people have been wonder full to me, In all of my travels it has been one of the warmest welcome i have received by an audience and my Hosts .So far i have seen Beijing and Shanghai, even thought i have only whitenessed a tiny fraction of these cities i can say with all confidence that China is one of the most overwhelming manifestation of material and people i have ever seen in my entire life, i just keep thinking to myself how could all of these buildings and cars and roads come out of the earth? my mind cant even wrap it self around the amount of food and resources it takes to keep this place going. its utterly an incredible sight to behold and it gives me an entirely new perspective mankind's role on the planet at this moment , and its future.
    ANDREW JONES

here is the website with info about the event

EVENT

ill update this thread with some more pictures soon, for now here are a few recent pictures ive done

this is my favorite Girl Lotus Drops, she is a killer dj and my spiritual bodyguard in Sf

and here are some other recent paintings i did for Bassnectar, as soon as i get back to the us i will be going on a road tour with him for a few weeks to the east coast, i will post the confirmed dates soon

if anyone is in the Gunagzhou i will have my last performance there on the 4th.

1-17-08

i will be performing at the Entertainment Art Technology Macworld after party tonight in san francisco, its on the 4th floor of the metreon,

more info here http://www.culturecatch.com/events/c...-macworld-2008

i will be unveiling to the public a new digital painting hardware, its called the " SCRATCH TAB" and its a hybrid between a wacom tablet and a kaoscilator!!!

Small live painting update

just wanted to post a few recent
    this one is a painting of Mama Wisdom from the goddess Alchemy project http://www.myspace.com/goddessalchemyproject

one favorite dj named vibesquad , this was painted at the symbiosis festival http://www.myspace.com/vibesquad

this is a Dub step Trio named sub swara painted @ Club Love in New York City http://www.myspace.com/subswara

11-26-07

Ok im a jerk for not updating this thread , more often.

We are getting really excited about the workshop ,
    i want to announce the headlining entertainment for fridays party will the the one and only Glitch mob http://www.myspace.com/theglitchmob

and speaking of the glitch mob here is a painting i did of them @ burning man this year

This will go down as probably my favorite moments live painting ,it was created in Canada @ shambala music festival., i started painting that night at 10 pm and continued straight through until lorins sunrise set, as the sunrise peaked over the rocky mountains the screaming mass of dancing people dissolved and it was just me and lorin doing what we love in the forest.. this was officially the first outside sunrise i had ever painted digitally in my life

And this was created at the adapt conference at the after party , I screen recorded the entire process and Aaron is editing it into a new downloadable vid soon .

7-11-07
    my adventures in japan are coming to a close, its been a hell of a trip. there is so much i could say about the experience ive had here and the lessons ive learned, the perspective i have gained being here will have an effect on how i view the world i am returning to in a big way.

here are a few of the finished paintings, my laptop really loves japan, it actually ran away in the trunk of a taxi cab over a week ago and i haven't seen it since, once its ready to come back ill post up the artwork that its holding on to, until then here are a few images i managed to upload before it took off

This was a painting of the legandary Mix Master Morris in tokyo , Some people refer to him as the father of ambient music.

bluetech- the first painting from the japan tour --

"Kind of blue-tech", painted at the super delux

glitch mob these are my boys from la , the style of music they spin is called "glitch hop" they just made the front page of itunes electronic music section and i designing thier new album cover --

blacklight ,

6-21-07
    time for another update, im presently typing this message from Tokyo Japan!, i just arrived here yesterday, or if your in the states im typing this from tomorrow, i took two weeks down to move into a new warehouse but ive been continuing the live painting non stop.
    i will be in japan for the next 3 weeks doing a live painting tour with a dj named bluetech and promoting a short animated film called illuminated. I have been doing concepts for the short and bluetech is doing the soundtrack so they have flown us out to japan to hit a series of clubs to raise awareness for the film and recruit some Japanese animators.

painted live in chicago for the entheon village

the PUNISHER
    this one has been printed out on canvas 12 feet wide by 4.5 feet tall,

initially painted during a freak nasty set
    its called the salvation of Bass, and its a response to the presence of spirit on the dance-floor

these two were painted for a fashion show in los Angeles last week, the company is called skin graft, they make some pretty bas ass clothing and accessories, they are custom making me a new rock and roll guitar strap for my wacom tablet.

3 muses

another skin graft image,
    this was painted from life, thank you to the lovely breanna for posing so patiently for me throughout the piece

and here is a promo piece i did of one ofof the characters LUNA from the illuminated film

thanks agian for your attention, and by the way if you are a local in Tokyo we are looking for a translator/ guide/ someone to hand out with and draw. if you are interested send me a pm, ill get you vip passes to the shows and do what i can to make it worth your while

-------

5-18-07

hola---
    the live paintings continue-----
    wow two weeks goes by fast, the colorado shows were a blast, big thanks to all the ca members that made it out to the shows. painting in my home town boulder at the fox theater was an experience i will not soon forget.

after colorado i had a festival show out in a forest of santa barbera at an event called lightening in a bottle, its your typical over the top solar panel fulled bohemian underground forest orgy. one of the best nights of my life, and i dont throw that expression around unless i really mean it

i fly out to chicago to play an entheon event this saturday, its going to be supercharged, hope to see some ca faces there. ticket info can be found here------ http://tickets.bassnectar.net/evinfo...tid=16269&sid=

best---

lib U.F.O. (underground forest orgy)

fox theater-

fortcollins co

5-2-07

for any members in the colorado region i will be performing live painting tonight 5-2-07 in fort collins at the fort
    5-3 at the bluebird theater ages 16and up welcome
    and 5-5-07 at the fox theater, this is my hometown show so i will be pulling out all the stops, hope some of you can make it, i will be posting the work son

4-29

here are the two paintings i created at alex greys chapel of sacred mirrors last night, i for almost 6 hours straight, it was a very interesting event. Alex grey was going some live painting next to me. I had a great conversation with him after the show. I think i turned him on to wahts possible withing the digital realm.

"Of Her"

"The Riddle"

thanks to alex and the crew that invited me out to make this happen-

4-28

time goes by fast if ........anyone will be in the new your city area i will be doing live painting at alex grey cosm event this evening,http://www.cosm.org/ (click on the enthocentric salon on the left side for details and tickets)
    i am scheduled to go onstage with one of my favorite djs Random Rab at 1 am. i may start the digital painting earlier. Alex has invited may traditional painters to do live work in the past. i will be the first live digital painter to rock cosm and i am very excited to introduce this new medium to his space.
    hope some of you will be able to make it out

i gave a lecture and demo at Purdue university yesterday, big thanks to the students there who attended insomania and recommended me to the faculty. it was a great experience .

i am also having a show in sf tonight at a MAPS fundraiser event, they will be playing videos of the live paintings i have made over the past weeks and auctioning off a few paintings at the event

here is another painting i did in whistler bc for bassnectar.

4-14

manifested this one last night in Vancover at the historic Commodore Ballroom. by far the bigest show of the tour so far. its a painting of one of our goddess dancers "Anahata" its what i imagiane an ipod advertisment looks like on acid in hell! . the vid came out kinda cool.
    one more show tonight in Whistler. we are playing at a snowboarding festival outside in the snow on a jubo-tron! the places art takes you....

4-12
    I am now in british columbia's sunny sunshine coast
    we play a show friday(tomorrow) night in vancover, then wihstler the next night.
    its hard to describe this experience in words so i will just let the most recent picture do it for me. when i began this tour i didnt really have any idea about what kind of pictures i would be creating, after living on the road for a few weeks and being so imersed in this comunity of people i have turned my creativity twoards capturing part of this music culture and the people that make it come to life and participate in it. the modern dj is almost like a contempary wizard and his energy casts a spell over touusands of people that makes thier bodies twist and move at his whim. its amazing to be a part of it ..

portland

seattle at the fenix

this is a painting of ana sia, one of the goddess djs we have been touring with , Anas beats are totaly mezmerizing, and she is quite possible one of the coolest girls i have ever met

my most recent version of lorin, i painted this right after the ana sia painting, as you can see he brought a very different energy to the crowd. its amazing how much power a dj can have over the crowd and the atmosphere of the room . he reminded me of a digital pied piper.

4/9
    hello agian, im in seattle tonight, we played to a giant crowd at the fenix saturday night, the show went on until 6 in the morning.
    i took the day off and did a 3 hour lecture and painter demo for digipen university. we head out to bellingham in the morning,
    here are some more live paintings

for those that want to get a taste of bassnectars music here is his newest video
    dugan and arrowone the filmakers that filmed and edited teh insomania workshop video directed and edited the music video
    they will also me editing and filmong my dvd
    check it out

bomb the blocks
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtUQC...42415583483521

i did a few of these for during a live painting gig for corel painter at this years gdc

ash land show

greetings caorgians-

yesterday marked my first day on the road, been riding on a bus all day ,
    set up last night at the historic Ashland Armory in oregon. then rocked bend oregon tonight, tomorrow is Eugene, OR - Wow Hall
    ive been invited to do live digital painting on the bassnectar tour, with Zilla and the fungienears. www.bassnectar.net we will be traveling up the west coast from sf to wistler canada., , here is the tour poster and a few of the live paintings i have done for bassnectar over the past few days. ill also be doing a live demo at digi pen monday the 9th.

here are the rest of the dates

03/31/07 :: San Francisco, CA - DNA Lounge
    04/01/07 :: Sebastopol, CA - Sebastopol Brew Co
    04/03/07 :: Ashland, OR - The Historic Armory
    04/04/07 :: Bend, OR - The Grove
    04/05/07 :: Eugene, OR - Wow Hall
    04/06/07 :: Portland, OR - The Leftbank
    04/07/07 :: Seattle, WA - The Fenix
    04/10/07 :: Bellingham, WA - The Nightlight
    04/12/07 :: Kelowna, BC - Level Nite Club
    04/13/07 :: Vancouver, BC - Commodore Ballroom
    04/14/07 :: Whistler, BC - Ski & Snowboard Fest

im recording some of the paintings for an upcoming dvdness.

tickets are still avaliable for the upcoming shows,

tickets at http://tickets.bassnectar.net/evlist...rchstr=&email=

if you want to come out get your ass rocked and watch me lose my mind on the wacom then come on out

tonights painting from bend, got a sick video of this one

sebastapol, vice vid of this as well

sf

sf dna lounge

ill post some new live paintings ass soon as they are done

blessings

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Android; April 1st, 2008 at 08:33 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Android For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    beautiful work as always Mr. Jones.
    Very inspiring work, love the colors, and the eyes!
    just great.
    Thank you for sharing your visions!

H-D

Work hard, anything is possible. I know, I know, itís a very cheesy response but itís true. Hard work and dedication is the key to reach your dreams. -BjÝrn Hurri

Website
    CA Sketchbook
    Facebook Page

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fucking great! really like sebastapol, sf and sf dna lounge pics.

Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very, cool, i thought u should have done somthing like this when i saw u demo in san francisco

very nice stuff of course, cheers for sharing, cant wait to see the vids.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Beautiful!

"Vision without action is a fantasy...action without vision is a nightmare." japanese proverb

MY PORTFOLIO

MY BLOG

FACEBOOK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sweet stuffs Andrew, as always.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sounds and looks like a glorious time! love everything from the post: live music, live art, possible dvd?!
    cheers!
    timmy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome work Mr Jones!
    Your sense of rhythm is immaculate, always orgasmic viewing your images.
    As Timmy said looks and sound like an amazing event, wish I had the means.
    Was also awesome hearing your comments on cgs' coverage of Insomania, looking forward to attending such events in the distant future!

keep inspiring!

Brendan Noeth

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sweet. i really love both of those SF ones. just love the epicness of them.

My Sketchbook :: Phantasmagoria
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Illustration Portfolio :: jasonsnair.carbonmade.com
    Design Portfolio :: jasonsnairdesign.carbonmade.com
    My Blog -- Feed Me Toast!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 468 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    nice pictures andrew!
    i bet you're having a blast!

cheers

-----------------------------------------------------------
    BJ÷RN HURRI | CONCEPT ARTIST & ILLUSTRATOR

MY PORTFOLIO | HURRICANES DAILY DOODLES '12
    MY EXCLUSIVE SKETCHBOOK
    VIKING: BATTLE FOR ASGARD
    TWITTER
    THE OTHER BROTHERS

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    FUCKING DOPPPPEEE..... SHit i cant get in the kelowna Level Nite Club I think going bus out to whistler stoked man.. Your going love it here.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sweet! Sounds like the events will really help fuel your artwork and your soul. It must be the perfect night out, Drawing and listening to live music.

Good luck and have a great time!

Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    all i can say is that i really love you work. in lack of a better description, its very 'alive.' thanks for sharing!

- I think it's official... I am the world's slowest painter

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow! It really is amazing where art can take you if you have the drive. thanks for the inspiration.

New Sketchbook

Old Sketchbook

"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do." -Leonardo Da Vinci

asoir is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lovely, the way you've painted them perfectly suits the party atmosphere.
    gotta love " sf dna lounge " too, insane!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Beautiful work, man. I love the depth these have.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    http://www.androidjones.com/images/r...ur/dna_011.jpg

My favorite. The eyes are so gripping that the side profile just hits you.

Much love!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great work as always. I can't view the first image all I see is a red X.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome stuff, can't wait to see the dvd, I've always wondered how you go about painting, so many of your pieces just flow so well and have crazy ass designs.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that's cool to get to travel and paint like that! i saw the bassnectar videos on there site! looked like a serious rave! hahaa! I wonder if they spin any drum & bass. anyways nice paintings as always! keep us updated on your tour!

My Sketchbook

Life is a long lesson in humility.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man, I couldn't imagine having this stuff at the same time as the music. That must be completley insane.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Always an inspiration. Loving the expressions and colors of these, great designs, shapes and flows. Nothin but love for this stuff.

N & B

~Sketches

Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 133 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for te coments guys, ill post some photos as soon as i get them, its really a site to see,
    i have modified my 19x12 wacom with clamps and a gutiar strap so i can rock it hands free like an electric gutiar.

hope to see some of you in vancover!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That wacom setup sounds nice, I call for pictures!

Great artwork! A feast for the eye.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    AWEZOME...as always, i think my brain just overheated

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow! great update!
    master of creation, color, and shape.
    thank you for sharing!
    you should make some vids man! ! ! I'm drooling for more action.

H-D

Last edited by Hive_minD; April 10th, 2007 at 06:10 AM.
    Work hard, anything is possible. I know, I know, itís a very cheesy response but itís true. Hard work and dedication is the key to reach your dreams. -BjÝrn Hurri

Website
    CA Sketchbook
    Facebook Page

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    superbe! as usual

the girl with the butterfly on her finger is now set as my desktop wallpaper

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh wow...what a post!!!
    Looks like your having a great time! Wish I could come along to one of these gigs! Take care treacle!
    Mx

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    amazing mr. jones. The only thing i can say is thanks for sharing your incredible art

Jaku

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaku For This Useful Post:

vigostar is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Holy crap amigo... The image with that butterfly is amazing... Its seems like that whole process takes a shitload of time but, I get the impression you have it down to a science now.... Rocking these out in Mighty Mouse speed. Keep on doing what you do best.

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.