XBOX 360 Chibi !!!
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: XBOX 360 Chibi !!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

XBOX 360 Chibi !!!

Hey all

I had considerable hard luck getting crits or even an occasional comment in the sculpture section for my previous piece ...

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=89479

so im trying my luck in the WIP section. Hopefully I'm not breaking any rules by doing this.

Anyway after seeing this Xbox 360 chibi girl concept I felt tha need to do a 3d version. (I wish I knew who did this drawing ) Any advice on my progression is greatly appreciated. I tried shying away from the shortskirt but now I have the problem of how to show that long emblem on the left side of her body. I guess I'll figure something out. Anatomical advice is appreciated too. Please Critique me!!

Name:  chibi avatar.jpg
Views: 964
Size:  66.5 KB

Last edited by samrayiii; May 7th, 2007 at 06:34 PM.
    My reason for being here is to be the best ...
    so I shake my head when fellow artists critique me saying "Hey, you're working too hard ... just try the [half-assed] approach instead?"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    if your doing the super deformed anbd trying to match the image then i would sugget ot reduce the size of the upperbody a tad, the shape is a more a normal humans while the characters is well deformed and reduced a great deal to allow for the larger head etc. in fact i think you could get away with it with an increased head size, if you look at the original , the head is width of the body more or less

cant say anything else im no 3d person but thats what hits me right off the bat

j mac

nothing to lose so go for it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sketch the body shape from a side and front view. Map them to planes and you'll have a clear guide to shape the body. The one you're making isn't shaped like what you're going for at all.

An open mouth and an open mind go hand in hand. - me

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for the advice

so I shake my head when fellow artists critique me saying "Hey, you're working too hard ... just try the [half-assed] approach instead?"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for any advice provided
    still workin on it

Name:  XBOX_360_Chibi.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  210.6 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    just a quick tip have a look at the mesh for your legs from the top viewport. From the looks of the renders you've matched stuff up on the side and front view but this creates a almost cube like effect if you're not careful so remember to check the 3rd dimention.

Anatomy wise from the reference it looks like the shoulders are too wide (i think this might be being caused by the rib cage and chest area but not sure without a orthagraphic front render)

Also you mention the emblem on the left side of the body - this should really be done at the texturing stage using a combination of texture maps and bump maps etc

Sorry to hit you with so many bits lol i know it can a bit of a downer but hopefully it'll help ^^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The chest is too wide and "V" tapered, and the shoulders and upper arms look very strange. Her calves are too bulgy, they should smooth out more.. and she's got no knees. The neck is too wide as well.
    Sorry, just crits, but the rest looks ok. It needs some remodeling, but nothing too major.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks, Ive had little time to get back on this but I will real soon

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    looks like a good start, i like the initial deisgn. my only comment is that japanesse manga would go better representing a product from their country like the Playstation 3. i just think it would fell more comfortable. sorry if this come off as offensive

fuck it, Im going in

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.