Savage Dragon (My 1st Colored Piece - EVER!)
 
View testimonialsView Artwork
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    Smile Savage Dragon (My 1st Colored Piece - EVER!)

    First post here.

    A cute-ish Savage Dragon (i wanted him to look friendly, but he ended looking too young... - the jaw and mouth look fine, but the nose and eyes are wrong).

    I've started attempting to color recently, and this is the first one i have finished... Something pretty simplistic. I did it with the pencil tool on Photoshop - i actually would like to use the pen tool for the shading, but it seems kinda unrealistic right now (i'm still too slow with it).

    I will post something in a different coloring style later this week.

    Thanks!

    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote


  2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    178
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Hey, lookin' pretty good that marine creature! His neck's a little too short though. His chin's a little wide for his face. And he's too buldgy. Also, the top of his head is too short - remember when you draw a figure, the eyes are almost exactly in the middle of the face, so, if we were to rotate his head around to where his face was towards us, you'd notice that his eyes wouldn't be in the middle, but would be too high up.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    114
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Really well done. I can barely make out the right arm though, so you may want to highlight his arm more, or something which prevents it from blending with the rest of his body. What age were you shooting for? Because right now he looks mid-20s.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    Thumbs up

    Thanks for the help, guys. You pointed out a couple stuff i hadn't noticed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shortydiva
    Hey, lookin' pretty good that marine creature! His neck's a little too short though. His chin's a little wide for his face. And he's too buldgy. Also, the top of his head is too short - remember when you draw a figure, the eyes are almost exactly in the middle of the face, so, if we were to rotate his head around to where his face was towards us, you'd notice that his eyes wouldn't be in the middle, but would be too high up.
    Yeah, i hadn't even noticed how short his neck was until you brought it up. And about the eyes, it's what i'm the worst at.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kerberos
    Really well done. I can barely make out the right arm though, so you may want to highlight his arm more, or something which prevents it from blending with the rest of his body. What age were you shooting for? Because right now he looks mid-20s.
    Highlight it with a bigger halo, you mean?

    I was aiming for late 20's early 30's. His eyes and nose look kinda teenagey to me.

    Thanks again!

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    114
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    I did a quick overpaint to demonstrate what I meant when I said highlight.

    Savage Dragon (My 1st Colored Piece - EVER!)

    I didn't reflect your style which suffered a little, but you get the idea.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Kerberos
    I didn't reflect your style which suffered a little, but you get the idea.
    Yeah, i see what you mean. Thanks.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • 424,149 Artists
  • 3,599,276 Artist Posts
  • 32,941 Sketchbooks
  • 54 New Art Jobs
Art Workshop Discount Inside
Register

Developed Actively by vBSocial.com
The Art Department
SpringOfSea's Sketchbook