Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    somewhere between the fridge and the sofa
    Thanks
    Thanks Yoitisi, already checked a jaw (got a nice Pit Bull... picture)
    I like your concept, I agree with what you're gonna change.
    You already pointed the C&C I could have made.
    Lots of fun in this one and some real original entries.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Oops, I completely missed that. Yeah, you're right Yoitsi, thanks! About the arctic part... I guess it doesn't scream arctic undead creature right now, but hopefully it will be better later on.

Thanks
    This is off topic a bit and it's not my intention to derail the current C.O.W with a side discussion, but I had a thought. I was looking at the CHOW forums and noticed that they were having a competition to replace their header character (The Urban Corsair woman up at the top of each thread). The competition is between the 3-4 contestants with the most victories under their belts. Why not have something like that here in COWland? Really if we were to critique the current COW mascot she is more of a character than a creature and really not all that interesting as far as creature designs go (no offense to the creator, just my opinion). COW as a whole has evolved over the years and its been more refined down to exactly what a creature is by Fozzy and the voters than in the beginning. Just tossing some ideas out there but it might be a fun thing to do for our next big COW event. We could have it be a 2 week to a month long event. Personally I wouldn't limit it to just the COWers with the most stars....a good design is a good design even if it comes from a newcomer. I think this way we could really have a mascot that exemplifies creature design instead of a pun based on the forum acronym. So what do you guys' think? Fozz feel free to move this to a new thread if it tickles your fancy.

Last edited by Nexus; April 1st, 2007 at 07:55 AM.

Thanks
    yoitisi
    Just make clear that it isn't a thing which is creeated by stitching and putting parts together...make it a standalone creature, which exists by its own, like a species. Kick the hands definitely, not only because of the humanoid rule, it just looks ridiculous

Nexus
    Thanx for putting thoughts into COW as you always do with your suggestions and brainstoring...but i am not planning changing the COW mascot, at least not for now.

I like it and it is kinda an honour for me that Matt Dixon made it, same goes for the winner icon, which was made by Jull, who also was a nice and skilled regular at the beginning of COW.

Both are positioned very high in the COW history and have a special place in the COW activity.

I don't care that some people are referring to the accessoires rule and pointing at the mascot. It is a mascot after all and is not to be judged by the common COW rules.

Thanx anyway for the idea

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 479 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozzybar
    yoitisi
    Just make clear that it isn't a thing which is creeated by stitching and putting parts together...make it a standalone creature, which exists by its own, like a species. Kick the hands definitely, not only because of the humanoid rule, it just looks ridiculous
    Allright, I'll make some more adjustments so it really looks like a creature that has had some repairs. As for the hands, that was their sole purpose Thanks for the quick reply.

Thanks
    Fair enough. I didnt even know people had been pointing at the mascot in reference to thread rules. Mad respect for Matt Dixon, perhaps one day he'll grace us with a new one.

Thanks
    The Crazy Dude SRD, u'r the BEST! =) GO for it! GOOO!!!

When there is no place in Hell - the deadmen begin to walk...
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Cryocephalii
    Those pacific creatures used to search their favorite arctic plants under the freezing snow with their nasal protuberance. It also helped them as a sort of shield against the blizzard, similar to cold sand: keeping an eye on arctics predators at all time was precious.
    Sometimes, however, the blizzards would last so long, and be so harsh that the creatures could freeze in place and die of cold and hunger, unable to move. Although it's not a fatality for them... some seem not to notice their own death.
    These zombified beasts could keep on living... or rather, moving very long after their death, wandering with no purpose. With time and weather, the very skin of their skull tends to peel off, with only bones left. As seen here, ice forms a new skin, and keeps the lower jaw from falling in the snow. While looking ferocious, the teeth seen here are just stalactites, the real ones having fallen beforehand.
    Still, be careful. While no posing real threat, Cryocephalii have a strange liking for brains. And anyway, what is left of their tender flesh is still very edible for the local predators, not minding the Cryocephalii's death much more than the zombies themselves.

C.O.W. - #082: Arctic Undead Creature

Last edited by Dark Musashi; April 6th, 2007 at 01:51 PM.
    It's who you want me to be... or not.

Thanks
    Yoitisi: Thanks so much for taking the time to critique--to tell the truth, I had sorta been noticing just what you said myself after I scanned the sketch, so I will definitely be refining it soon! This is my first COW, so I appreciate the advice =)

Thanks
    Right, I'm getting in early on this one so I get something done on time and don't entirely embarrass myself with my first COW

With the melting of the icecaps the land beneath them awoke. It gave unlife to its servants and released them upon the world. Bones of cold stone and feathers of snow, they fed upon the warmth of the living. They flew out of the North and the new Ice Age followed them.

C.O.W. - #082: Arctic Undead Creature

update
    I'm really not happy with the head but I think I'm out of time

Last edited by Danjaw; April 9th, 2007 at 12:54 PM.

Thanks
    My first Cow, should be fun =)

Thanks
    Hmm, interesting topic. Personally, there's absolutely no idea how to make an undead creature. Like specie, with potential for reproducing, survive, etc.. Just many of the "creature" definitions are conected with "living".. Wonder how you masters gonna do this round.

Thanks
    I'm done......update on page one. Not entirely happy with the dog faced female, but I think this probably tops most of my previous efforts....I guess I could always say it's a dogfish.

Looking good everyone.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1