Nearly time........
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Nearly time........

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Nearly time........

Hi All

I am new to digital art and would appreciate any feed back on my picture, it was done in CS using a Wacom tablet.

Cheers Phade

Name:  nearly time.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  148.1 KB

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Any body? please, you can be brutal?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Can you help me understand the image? I don't understand what's going on or what it is supposed to be.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    LOL ok I see your point. It was supposed to make your own mind up? Nearly time for..........? I guess that's why nobody has commented, maybe I should draw with more aim?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The image is almost abstract. What is the figure doing? is the figure a human?? is the figure human sized? is the person calling lightning? why does the stone have a red outline on some of its shape? am I an insect ready to be crushed by the double-palm technique? see what I mean? very confusing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes I do and I appreciate your comments. It is a female vampire chained to a tree, the stone next to her (supposed to be a tree, obviously needs work lol) has been struck by lightening and still the bark embers glow, nearly time is because sooner or later the dawn is coming and she will die again.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I could tell she was a female vamp chained to a tree. But like the first poster, I was confused and not really sure why she was chained to a tree, or what was going on.

I think perhaps you're "crushing" the subject matter too much. If you gave your elements more space, we'd be able to see the power of the storm raging above her, or the smoke wisping away from the burning tree - maybe even some sparks kicking off of it, due to the violent wind of the storm. That would help introduce more immediate danger to the vamp as well! And it would make sure we knew the tree had been on fire, and wasn't a very stylized volcano or anything.

If you want us to know she's howling in terror while waiting for the sunrise, you have to show us exactly that. Maybe if you expanded your horizon line, you could show the storm raging overhead, but a thin line of dawn creeping beyond the edge of the storm? I don't know how believable thunderstorms at sunrise are, but it would at least introduce the concept. Another idea might be to chain her to some monolith with glyphs that make it obvious it's for sacrificing vampires to the sun.

I'm just throwing out ideas to get your own creative juices flowing, so don't think I'm saying you have to do any of this stuff! But working on different ways to make your narrative more clear will really help.

Edit: As for the art - for extreeeeeeme foreshortening like this, you may want to get a reference to help. She looks wonky, and that further makes the image more confusing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Kaete

Thank you for your feedback also, there are some very good ideas in there. I don't know why she looks wonky? I think it was because I was trying to do a different perspective looking up at her.

Cheers Phade

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok I have tried to rework this piece a little to make the story a bit clearer and also changed to the glowing tree to a bit of a predictable cross. I think in the process I have lost some of the contrast some where. Any advise is appreciated, Cheers

Phade.

Name:  nearly time2.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  75.6 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you need to add some variety to the length of the hair, and look at some reference work for the hair blowing in the wind. I really like the light the torch is giving. keep working on it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    big improvement.

Consider also, how the light should fall on the teeth and face. Your tree is reacting very well to the light, but the face seems somewhat unaffected.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.