job forum
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: job forum

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

job forum

was the paying jobs forum closed or something like, it seems like no employers post now ?

Last edited by Hermine; March 29th, 2007 at 09:31 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There are sub forums now, read the post by Jason manley to get the scoop.

Wacomitis - fear of an empty bank account.

PORTFOLIO

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    True, but less jobs are posted now after mid march. I don't know if we are to blame the sub forums or just the industry lacking positions at the moment,

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Or it seems all the posts are in the "non-pay" section -

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah... the job posting has decayed since the subdivision, but specially since the fee Concept Art is asking for jobs up to $500. Okey, it's fair to ask a fee because the site doesn't supports for free, but maybe is a bit too intimidating for start.

Most of the job offers from the industry (not only from particulars) are going to other free forums like deviant art.

I love concept art, I got my first comission trough here, and I think the forum subdivision and new rules are fine but maybe in the need of some adjusts (like the quote per post).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks i ask myself where all the employers have migrated

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by HectorBustamante
    Most of the job offers from the industry (not only from particulars) are going to other free forums like deviant art.
    hm... the job offers on deviantart are not REAL job offers. they're more like people trying to get something for next to nothing, or just nothing.

anyways, there are lots of sites that charge employers to post their jobs there, and i think it's better because it separates the ones looking for freeloaders and the companies that are serious about investing in a talented artist.

i have never seen lucas arts, sony, warner brothers, disney, pixar, dreamworks or anybody even remotely close posting on deviantart, EVER. but i have seen these guys in the concept art forums... i'm not saying CA is on a higher level than DA, but i am saying that maybe the people here know the value of the art.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just eat and hug.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Deviant?

Quote Originally Posted by HectorBustamante
    Sorry to say bro, but DeviantArt is definitely not where the real employers have migrated to, or ever will as far as I can tell.

I was gonna describe some experiences I've had around there, buts its not worth it. Suffice to say, it's a waste of time.

But if anyone has ever landed anything even remotely resembling a real contract from Deviant, I'd love to hear about it...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think it was a good move, breaking the job forum up and charging a fee for employers to post. It weeds out the spec work, contests and outright fraudulent posts, as those people just aren't going to pay for an ad.
    Now, when I look over the job forums, there are a lot less nonsense postings (that aren't legitimate job offers) to wade through. Any serious employer with a serious job offer should be willing to pay something to get qualified applicants.
    Many "Game Talent" job sites (such as Gamasutra) charge the same kind of rates and they get a decent amount of postings from legitimate employers They are not flooded with a bunch of spec work "me and my buddies are designing a game and we need some artists" type offers.
    It just may take a little time for new companies to find out about CA and for old customers to accept the new practice. Be patient.

Members who have read this thread: 1