Praise to all of our better halves!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Praise to all of our better halves!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Praise to all of our better halves!

I know my gal isn't going to read this, she is asleep in the next room but I just wanted to give props to the only girl in this world who could possibly put up with my ridiculous schedule, artistic drive and constant passing out on the couch, lol. I don't consider myself 'hard' to be with but she does fall asleep alone five nights out of seven because of the creative properties I have been working on and it takes an incredible woman to put up with that.

Seriously though I know alot of you CAers have some incredible partners so now is the time to give praise.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My wife Rachael is incredible. If it wasn't for her I wouldn't be where I'm at today. Her faith in me and my company is the only thing that allows me to do what I do.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    aren't you guys just adorable!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 259 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    My husband’s migraines *aren’t* triggered by paint thinner fumes. Hallelujah!

(He’s also totally awesome in many other ways. I would marry him all over again at the drop of a hat.)

I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    my girl's patience has been unbelievable and unwaivering.. i can't believe she puts up with me and my schedule.. but i am without a doubt forever in her debt and i will always cherish everything shes taught me, given me, and sacrificed for me. i can never repay her, but i swear i will live the rest of my life letting her know i'll never stop trying. thank you sweetie..- JAG

it's only after you've lost everything, that you're free to do anything..

Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,579 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Over 37 years, mine has tolerated my never being home (once for 7 months!) because of deadlines, very little money, and all the crap that goes with being a full-time artist home and away, including a bad temper, little tolerance for assholes, and a just plain pain-in-the-ass personality. Now that I'm closed down and home 24/7, she has never refused me anything I need out of the little money she has. We're both now "out of work" temporarily, and in spite of this, we keep the arguments to a minimum and have learned to make do.

I'm thinking she deserves a medal...but I'm afraid to ask her for the money to buy it...

No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bless your collective little cotton socks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aww, this thread is sooo goshdarnsweetomg!

I will have been with my true love for TEN years this coming June and I would be dead if it were not for him. Words cannot describe what an amazing human he is, so I'll just shut up now.

Trés Cuté Sketch Group
    magicgoo bluemech cwn annwn light dished

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Props to my man who has seen me at my best & worst and stayed with me - even when I trashed the studio and threw paint everywhere because "I SUCK AT DRAWING". Also, he cooks for me and supports me as best as he can. I love you Paul.

As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle being swept along is no longer enough.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My girl made me quit my job at a bank to risk my head as a freelance illustrator. I own her my soul, I guess. 8x

8D

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The resident combat android and I have been hitched for over 21 years, and she has had to battle many hardships, trials and tribulations over the years. Military wife that she was during my tour of duty, she raised our two children almost by herself, kept an immaculate household, and still found the time to keep in touch with me while I was away. When I was at home, she would pose for me holding broomsticks, toy guns, real swords and knives, and is the model for almost all my female characters.

Now that I am retired from the military, she puts up with me puttering around the house completing the never-ending honey-do list. She still poses for me when I do my little bits of freelance work, and is definitely the best half of us.

Hats off to everyone with a better half!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.